Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 21:51
Sign in to follow this  
RedRP

Please destroy crashed vehicles

Hey I’d be cool if everyone would destroy the vehicles they crashes by using matches on it. That way the destroyed ones despawn and fresh working vehicles will spawn on restart. That way we keep alot of working vehicles in the server making it easier to travel for everyone! :)

kinda gives off an immersion breaking vibe if you ask me. But then again, I havent played SA in a while so I dont know how big of an issue it is.

43 minutes ago, Wunsleh said:

kinda gives off an immersion breaking vibe if you ask me. But then again, I havent played SA in a while so I dont know how big of an issue it is.

Cars get fucked by glitches all the time so it’s pretty bad

4 minutes ago, TheRedOne said:

Cars get fucked by glitches all the time so it’s pretty bad

yep.

best to destroy vehicles that take hits like this, when everything is ruined there's usually a chance that the engine won't even start again, even if you have all the parts repaired. That way someone else, or your own group could find another spawn.

Dayz is real bad for any cars rn.

I heard that simply flipped vehicles may reset on server restarts, however. 

If true you better NOT burn merely flipped ones that seem okay otherwise. 

then ignore whatever I said, blow that shit to hell :)

Anything that appears to be completely fucked and wont start with a brand new battery and spark/glow plug should be destroyed. It also reduces strain on the server because it's one less entity B)

Yeah, I wreck alot of vehicles IC, so the first thing I do is hop out and destroy it xD !

It's always better to destroy the wrecked vehicles mainly because most of the time when one crashes, it can become desyncy which effects server performance so most players in maybe a 500 meter radius start to stutter a little bit. 

On the immersive side of things you have to think that there would be many many many more vehicles that work around Chernarus then there is in the server, it's just how the game is so you have to ignore it really. If you destroy vehicles that are flipped or won't work you will actually reset the position of the vehicle and that will hopefully remove the desyncy lag bubble that people are in and also respawn new vehicles for others around the map.

FYI if you wait for server restarts and have all the parts then all cars can be fixed. There is no health on the engine except if it is to blow up. Contrary to popular belief virtually all problems with the way the cars start or the gear shifting will be fixed upon restart, assuming you have the correct parts. I've spent enough time on @Roach's filming server gearRPing on an empty server with weed. 

Absolutely!!!!! Thank you for saying something about this. It is so annoying when people crash cars then leave them there. It literally takes 5 seconds and one match.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Yeah, I wreck alot of vehicles IC, so the first thing I do is hop out and destroy it xD !

Yeah if you drive like this guy ;) ... I suggest you burn them and wait until they come back and search for it again! 

I came across a vehicle that appeared totally wrecked, but I couldn't torch it with matches. Only option I had was to open and close the hood, and the shutter in the back. Even after server reset I couldn't do anything to it to fix it or destroy it. 

Guest Wulf_jon
6 hours ago, Eddie said:

You sure do haha

Yeah, buses never let me destroy them after they are o7

We had an incident down in Cherno due to de-sync, now we got it lodged under a fence, for about 2 days?, couldn't match it due to the engine literally being one with the ground, however Yeah torching the cars, if they're fucked, is a good shout. Makes it easy for everyone to acquire a new one! 

Me and my friends already do this, it's always good to encourage others to do it. Hopefully this will come to people's attention!

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yeah, buses never let me destroy them after they are o7

I was about to say the same thing. Any tips on how to destroy these f*kers?

The only way I was able to destroy one in Pulkgovo was to go around it and see if it would burn up or 'Destroy Vehicle' then one day I shot it and it blew up and looked as if it would crush me xD . See example below:

Bus example #1 - I shoot the bus and it almost crushes me.

Bus example #2  - I shoot and the bus gets sucked into the ground.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The only way I was able to destroy one in Pulkgovo was to go around it and see if it would burn up or 'Destroy Vehicle' then one day I shot it and it blew up and looked as if it would crush me xD . See example below:

Bus example #1 - I shoot the bus and it almost crushes me.

Bus example #2  - I shoot and the bus gets sucked into the ground.

Busses are the worst dude, they should just take them out and spawn more cars & trucks instead.