Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 13:57
Sign in to follow this  
Franko

Characters From Previous Lore

I'm curious about what the rules say about using characters from the previous lore - is it allowed or is it a no-no

You can use old characters, but they wouldn't possess any of the information from the prior lore, like connections to groups and etcetera. There is no harm playing Daniel Basinov, he just wouldn't know about the vigil and past characters unless you implement that into your backstory. 

There's no rule regarding it, so knock yourself out. Just understand that this is a brand new character for this lore, so don't make references to other characters you previously knew since they either don't exist here or for all you know they will exist later and they'll need to meet you and everything.

Edit: Jamie with the lightning fast fingers beat me to the punch with a more detailed answer.

1 minute ago, Jamie said:

There is no harm playing Daniel Basinov, he just wouldn't know about the vigil and past characters unless you implement that into your backstory. 

Fuck me I've got a lot of writing to do

Edited by Franko

Pretty much what the others have said. You can play old Characters from prior lore but they cannot know anything about the prior lore. It's as if the prior lore never happened, at all.

So essentially you can have the name and personality and same BG and all but it has to fit with current Lore and make sense. :D If you get stuck, we have our lovely LMs who can always answer some lore related questions! 

Just now, Brayces said:

Pretty much what the others have said. You can play old Characters from prior lore but they cannot know anything about the prior lore. It's as if the prior lore never happened, at all.

So essentially you can have the name and personality and same BG and all but it has to fit with current Lore and make sense. :D If you get stuck, we have our lovely LMs who can always answer some lore related questions! 

You can /solve this

Thanks people

Closing as per requested. But the gang pretty much summed it up here.