Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 00:10
Sign in to follow this  
RpgPanda

Backstory Depth

So originally, i had made a fairly simple backstory, to describe my character Lee, and his experience witnessing the outbreak, however Looking at other peoples characters, i'd say i was a bit inspired to write more about my character, Now i'd like to keep the Original part intact about Lee, where he lived, what he knows about the infection as it happened etc. but for adding more depth, so i feel i can tell more about him to people in the world. 
In short is it okay to edit the backstory, pretty much re-explaining the events of the outbreak time, and his life before Chernarus?

As long as any IC lore stings aren't being changed then yes you can keep adding more to your character's backstory to your heart's desire.

Honestly.. A small change here and there isn't too bad.. Like- as long as you haven't just spilled your entire backstory to some chap and just turn and be like 'lol jk it was a meme'. Like I've 'tweaked' Aleksei.. And noone seemed to have an issue with it

Going more in-depth on what you want to change would be better.

Alright cheers guys, there's not a ton about how i ended up there, just that i was some British dude that lived there, and to me made little sense. And yeah i didn't plan to change anything that'd give him more "info" on the world, or Chernaus, he'll continue to know exactly what he did. Thanks again.

Backstories, at least to me, should always be something considered a work in progress. The more you play and understand how things are going in-game you might want to tweak some things. Or another person's backstory inspires you to do something different and unique with your own.

But of course everything that happens in-game adds to it, it becomes the backstory, the past.