Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 10:22
Sign in to follow this  
NebulousCass

Hello? Mom? Dad? Can you hear this? [OPEN]

*Fumbles with the radio, pushes down the PTT*

"Uhm.. Hello? It's Emma, I'm looking for my Mom and Dad. They're names are Holly and Thomas Franklin. We got separated about a month ago and I haven't been able to find them. Mom, Dad, If you can hear this. I'm near one of the small coastal towns down south. I don't know how to pronounce the name of the town but it's small, and west of the big cities and the air field. I'm praying for you to be safe. I hope this thing is working..."

*Releases the PTT*

*Lee hearing a voice on his radio, then pushes in his PTT*
Hey there Emma, You say you're looking for your parents? if we see them we'll get back to you however, we think we might be in your general area if we see you around if we have any spare stuff you need we'll hand it over for you.
*Lee then releases the PTT and sighs deeply*

*Puts her ear closer to the radio as the voice comes over it. After hearing the message she presses the PTT*

"Oh, Uh.. Hello there. I appreciate the help, I'm kind of in need of food and something to store water in if you have anything like that. What is your name?"

*PTT is released*

*Lee pushes in his PTT speaking with a more cheerful tone*
I'm Lee, Excuse me for not giving you my name too, we can give you something to store water and some food, right now we're looking around komarovo for you, but we haven't seen you here, so we'll move on to the next town, if we see you there.
*Lee releases the PTT*

*Casey leans against a fence in Novy Sobor when he hears the sound of a young teenager speaking. He gives a very small frown and takes out his radio. Casey speaks softly.*

"Hey, there... Name's Mr. White, don't really have any big status so, that's besides the point."

*He takes a pause and continues.*

"What I do know is I can help you out. Starting with your location, if you can roughly explain what the sign looks like with each symbol, I probably could locate you. Got lots of food and water on myself. You can contact me on 114.7MHz. Stay safe... Godspeed."

*The transmission cuts off.*

Guest Wulf_jon

*Renzo hears Emma's voice on the radio and quickly picks up his radio. He presses the PTT*

"Emma! It's Renzo, you know....dude in the house that you stumbled upon earlier last night. Well, Valentine and I have been looking all over for you. After we got overwhelmed by the infected you ran off and never came back around to see if we were okay. I am sure it looked like we weren't going to make it, but we are okay and looking to regroup with you.

Anyway, it's good to hear from you and from the sound of it - you may be doing okay except you are low on food and water. This we can definitely help you out with being that we aren't very far from where we got separated. Reach me on the private channel we talked about yesterday and we will come find you. Please be smart about who you encounter and/or talk to on the radio. With that said, I hope to hear from you soon. Take care and stay alive kid." 

*Renzo releases the PTT, then runs to Valentine and begins telling her about Emma's radio call.* 

Edited by Wulf_jon
Missing some details

*Lee picks up his radio, and pushes in the PTT*
Hey Renzo, if you know her, then i'll leave her to you, i did some looking around the area but nothing came up we couldn't find her.
We checked Komarovo and Kamenka, we didn't check Balota however, maybe if you begin looking there? If you need help give us a shout, we've got to stick together and help each other in these dark times.

*Lee releases his PTT hopeful that they'll find Emma in good condition*

Guest Wulf_jon

*With a sigh of relieve Renzo continues to listen to the unknown man's response. Renzo quickly chuckles after hearing the man say "we've got to stick together and help each other in these dark times". He remembers that phrase.... "it was someone that had mentioned it while beating me senseless with brass knuckles for not apparent reason....it was all because they could at the given time". He grabs his radio and presses the PTT"

"Much obliged for stepping aside and giving us the opportunity to locate the kid. Once either one...meaning the other person I am with - finds her, she'll be safe and we'll be on our way."

*Releases the PTT and continues running*

Edited by Wulf_jon
Minor adjustments

*Presses down the PTT*

*In a hushed tone, almost a whisper that seems to echo.*

"Hey Lorenzo! Uhm, a group of people met up with us and said they found my parents.. They said they were in Novy, waiting for me so we're headed there. Val is with me. I'm not one hundred percent sure if we can trust them but Cal, a guy I met earlier is with them and he seemed ok."

*Releases PTT*

Guest Wulf_jon

*While impatiently waiting for a response back from Valentine as he was told that she found the kid.. He grabs his radio, holds the PTT and sends out another radio call*

*Valentine! I received your last message about tracking down the kid, but I've tried getting a call out to you with no luck. I've managed to climb up a pretty steep hill and up onto a radio tower with the hopes of this message reaching you or Emma. Please tell me that you both are okay? Give me some sort of details as to your whereabouts? You can keep it brief or symbolic, so that way it doesn't give away exactly where you are. I will stay up here until I hear back from any of you. I truly hope that nothing has happened to any one of you. Remember what I said kid... right now, don't trust anyone - I mean that...anyone but us.I will be waiting.....

*Releases the PTT.

He pulls out his binoculars and begins looking around the area for any signs of life. With nothing in sight - he decides to take a moment to think about what may be happening, and how it could have been avoided. He thinks to himself " It would have been different if I didn't let the kid out of my sights for that split second, but why am I beating myself up about this...all signs point to it being a miracle that she even was able to get out a transmission shortly after our encounter. I do hope they are okay.. I will keep trying until I reach them.

Edited by Wulf_jon
Minor fixes

Guest Wulf_jon

*He lightly gasps at the sound of Emma's voice and grabs his radio with the intent to quickly respond. He presses the PTT*

It's good to hear your voice again Emma. You and Valentine are traveling with some unknown individuals, is that right? Hmm...well, help me build this conclusion..this group you speak of - you mentioned the name Cal, right? Now, from what I remember Cal was the dude who was following you around before you bumped into me...am I following this so far? You also mentioned that Cal was part of a group that call themselves Anarchy, and now you are heading to Novy with these people... If what I've recapped is true, then please reach me on my private radio... Remember what I said before....don't trust anyone...

*After releasing the PTT, he holds his head and seems to have figured out what is happening or more so - who they are with. He slams his hand onto the railing of the radio tower and screams....."FUCK! I've got to do something and fast"...

*Casey takes his radio after hearing what Renzo says and begins to speak softly into the radio.*

"Well, that doesn't sound inconspicuous at all, mister Renzo!"

*He continues to speak.*

"She will be fine, I can assure that. Don't start freaking out over it."

*Transmission cuts out.*

*Activates the PTT, holds it down and releases it in long and short bursts*

"-.- -.. ..."

Guest Wulf_jon

*He takes a moment to gather his thoughts as what he heard from the unknown individual wasn't helpful information, so he has to continue to focus on the priority goal..finding them. He presses the PTT* 

"To whomever responded to this radio message - I ask that you try finding someone who you care deeply about. A person that you've built a strong connection with, and now a helpless young girl that is completely lose and simply looking for her parents. They stumble upon a group of individuals who if I am correct are individuals that are well known for what they do. Believe me...it hasn't been sunshine and daisies as far as the end results of most of their encounters, so please do not bother responding if you can't level with me, as this is definitely a situation that needs no further introduction.

*Take his hand off the PTT and lights a cigarette...pressed the PTT again and continues to speak*

It may very well be just a minor encounter, and they may in fact be able to assist them in locating the whereabouts of Emma's parent's, but there is a chance that it's all a bullshit LIE. I mean, think about it - not all can be trusted...we all have a bad side to ourselves, it's just a matter of time before we all crack.. I know I am no angel, I've had my fair share as I'm sure you've had too. It's all a matter of how you control yourself.

*Flicks cigarette and continues to respond*

Well, I will not have you waste any more of my time and I shall waste none of yours. This message is for Emma, it's clarification on the group you are traveling with.... armbands - what color are they? Continue to respond in the same fashion, but if you guys are okay and managed to get out of where ever you are - just let me know. We can talk privately about a regrouping point somewhere. I await your response.  

*Moves radio from his face and releases the PTT*

Edited by Wulf_jon
minor fixes

Valentine got out her radio and tuned in just to get the last message. She sighed, and decided that even though she hated talking on the radio, it would probably be better if she did. She pressed the PTT. 

"Lorenzo, it's Valentine. Emma and I are fine. She's gone to bed, and I'm on my way down. There's no need to worry. I'm on my way to the View. Meet me there, and I'll tell you all about it if you like, just get off the radio for now, okay? Be there soon."

Guest Wulf_jon

*Renzo hears a familiar voice and presses the PTT*

"Enough said..I will be there soon."

*Releases the PTT and continues running toward his destination*

Sign in to follow this