Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 05:24
Sign in to follow this  
JasonBR

Fighting the Hydra

*Sergei sits quietly in his camp. He leans against the wall and stares up at the ceiling, reflecting on the days events. He sighs and unclips his radio from his vest. He sounds tired but confident as he holds the ptt*

Survivors of South Zagoria.

Today you may know that the coalition of South Zagoria launched a coordinated strike against the anarchist village of Novy Sobor.

While you may have heard of the losses both sides suffered. Many were wounded on either side of the fighting. In the end, Anarchy retreated and regrouped, and we withdrew from the city.

We the coalition fought the Hydra. We went for the heart of the hydra, and while the blade did not reach the heart, we left a scar it wont soon forget.

Now is the time for action. Do not hide my friends, Fight the anarchists! Do not give them your weapons, do not work with them!

Fight the hydra! For the yourself, for the coalition, for the very land we live on. Fight!

*he releases the ptt*

*Leo would press the PTT*

Y'all ain't shit you talk all of this and I shot 12 coalition members today.

You are nothing and you will never be anything.

Oh and also even with outnumbering us three to one we still have control of the town.

*Leo would release the PTT and winces at his bruised ribs*

*Boris takes his radio*

"huh what are you a retarded woman? You guys hurt 11 of us and we hurt 40 of you guys and then you guys ran like little girls so nah we won lady you tried we fucked you cant even defeat us with the armys support thats sad. Have a nice day in your dreams.

Allen looks at the morphine stick in his hand and takes a laboured breathe before injecting himself. Closing his eyes then he runs his fingers over the stitches on his torso and mutters "Close... too close." He then turns to his radio looking at it bewildered before grabbing it and presses the push to talk responding in his normal hoarse tone.

"Well I won't deny I'm a little banged up but... pretty sure my ass is still sitting in Novy... So... Yeah... I'm curious why you're trying to spin this in your favor. 

Graves will be dug... countless bodies put to rest... and for what? Because little Sergei here and his friends want to fulfill fantasies and run around dressed like Rambo. Was all this death really worth you getting to keep your weapons? No, it wasn't, and you're pathetic if you think it is. In fact today was a prime example of why we enacted the embargo to begin with.

But that's... that's okay. You're just a puppet of Kozlov anyways... sent here to destabilize the region so... so the CDF will have an easier time retaking the region and subject the people who live here. I've heard the whispers, the radio broadcasts from beyond the wall... I know... I know what your president has done to the people you fascist shit. So you know what... I will stand here and fight... Hell I might even die... but I will do my damndest to stop you... to stop the CDF... and to stop Kozlov from subjecting one more person. In the meantime... fuck off."

He tosses his radio aside then and winces as he shifts on the bed to lay back.

Edited by Erik

*After Eddie finishes stitching the wound in his arm he presses the PTT*

"I don't understand how you coalition folks could possibly try to spin this in your favor...we gunned down at least forty of you guys if not more. There's no way you can try to claim that we ran away when we drove your pitiful men out of the town and we're still sitting here in Novy. "

*he releases the PTT and takes a breath before speaking again*

"Please dedicate your efforts elsewhere. Not saying that i don't like gunning you guys down, it's just a lot of work to dig this many graves for your guys."

*he slips his radio back onto his belt and wraps a bandage around his arm*

Edited by Zombru

*Nikolai wrapping his arm from the scratch he received, he fetches his radio from his bag and presses down the PTT*

Sergei! So happy you are alive, still means I can cut your tongue out with you alive.

We all lost men today. We still are in Novy, so it looks like we didn't retreat. In fact, I seem to remember seeing someone who looked exactly like you as a few of us ran towards a group of you fucks.

Instead of coming up with lies about how you 'won' the firefight Sergei, I suggest you shut down this 'Coalition' you and your little pawns have going. Didn't seem to work to well for you today. 

*Nikolai groans as he finishes up the bandage*

So anyways Sergei. Best of luck with your little thing you have going, if you don't end up shutting it down, we will see each other very soon.

*Nikolai releases his PTT, letting go of the radio for it to fall into the wet grass.*

*he holds the ptt*

Interesting that you say you killed forty men, yet we didn't even have 40 men in the fight. Seems you've gone and murdered a bunch of civilians.

*he releases the ptt*

Groans as he hears the man again and crawls over to his radio in order to respond. Once he's retrieved it he pushes the push to talk again and responds still using the hoarse voice

"My dear Stalker-2... You know besides you and... whatever other government plants... as well as the CDF willing to use chlorine gas and attack with jets and drones... everyone involved are civilians. I am... Louie is... Eddie and the Valentines... all civilians.  But of course our... our lives matter little to you military fascist types right?

I will say though that all the people killed... In the fight... on one side or the other... were each fighting... and fighting for what they believed in. No matter how foolish their... beliefs may be. We did not... however shoot any unarmed non-combatants. Some of us aren't... In the business of frivolously throwing lives away for... self grandeur and nefarious schemes. Now then... anyone from the coalition want to talk that... that isn't a puppet of the CDF?"

He arches his arm then as if about to toss the radio again but, pausing, reconsiders and simply sets it aside instead. 

*Kei presses and holds the PTT*

'' Citizens of Novy Sobor and South Zagoria! Lives were lost yesterday, but not for the bad but more the merrier - Dishonourable men, who sought to cause trouble and chaos all across the very homes we built up for our citizens are destroyed here by Novy. Sprayed with bullet holes all over. Why do we encourage a gun-embargo you ask? ''

'' It's so that dishonourable men like you all, who just use the weapons to fight the bad and yourselves to be DISHONORABLE! I find you people chattering in this radio, I swear by Buddha and the holy tree of the Emperor to find you and hunt you down! Now I'll be tending to my holy temple which came to withstand heavier damage.. ''

*Kei releases the PTT, a static sound is heard before he goes completly silent.*

Dimon depresses the radio's transmitter once the main chatter has subsided. 

Each side continues to fight simply for the bragging rights against the other. Nothing but petty back-and-forth babble from incognizant bairn who attempt to create a mark of significance on a land which has lost all but its' curse of chaotic repetition. Coalitions before ourselves have failed. We may fail as well. More and more will form. This cycle of perpetual, foul turmoil will not cease until you realize the truth for what you believe you are fighting for. No matter what you claim to fight for you the truth of the matter remains that you only continue to plague what you so desperately assert yourselves as to protect. Both sides of the same coin who which to slam the other into the rubble as it eternally spins beneath the thumb of whatever sick god has bestowed this bane. Expecting us to devolve into nothing but arrogant lamb with a narrowed vision on the future until it crumbles down on the 'victor'. 

Nobody is alien to the concept, or the act of war. It takes but only the shell of a man to pick up a weapon and fight for his beliefs. Whoever claims victory will continue down a path they accept as isolated, with nowhere else to turn. Artlessly, that is what will happen. This is not a call for peace. Call what I say whatever you want. Label it the cries of a coward of the sobs of a failure. I do not care. This pissing contest soiled with the blemish of death will without a doubt continue. Neither side will back down until you understand the gravity of the situation. It is up for your interpretation, as are most words spoken between our two halves. 

Triviality and integrity. Please heed. 

The next message rolls through uninterrupted. 

Sign in to follow this