Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 01:47
Sign in to follow this  
Kain

Idea To Drive Folklore In Game - My Next Character/Group

So, as most of my friends know, I am a big fan of Supernatural and I love researching into real life folklore all the time. There's a section on the forums made by the beautiful @Major which covers over past folklore and mythology which I would recommend everyone should take a look at.

Now, an idea that I would have is a Russian character who in 2007, his brother who died to unknown causes, Zakhar Leonidov found out that his older brother heavily studied on the occult surrounding southern Russia.

Zakhar would be born and raised in Mezmay, Russia. On his further quest to find out what may of killed his brother, he would take to the occult about what happened and would go on extensive levels. I'll talk to Major about this next part, but I'll have Zakhar believe that after his brother went to Miroslavl' for occult research, it lead him to South Zagoria where it was believed that an ancient curse surrounded what he was looking into. Zakhar believes it was this curse that killed his brother so, after years of research he goes to South Zagoria to learn more about it when the outbreak begins.

My general idea is to make a group on the occult, not in a weird creepy cult setting. But a group that just looks to the supernatural to explain why things happen around South Zagoria. On the side with that, it'll work with the loremaster team to create interesting folklore that will be used in game by the group. 

I personally just want people to give any feedback about how this idea sounds for a character once I'm done with Casey (In a month or more) and who would actually be interested in this idea?

‘In a month or so’

can finish him today if you’d Like :trolle: 

but it’s be cool. Do some creepy ass cult shit but not at face value.. like.. maybe just have a once a day/week ritual or some shit just to make everyone on edge. Thinking you’re all normal and then do some edgy shit.

2 minutes ago, LemonRP said:

‘In a month or so’

can finish him today if you’d Like :trolle: 

but it’s be cool. Do some creepy ass cult shit but not at face value.. like.. maybe just have a once a day/week ritual or some shit just to make everyone on edge. Thinking you’re all normal and then do some edgy shit.

Well, what I'm looking to do is stray away from typical creepy ritualistic cult groups. What I'm thinking is that we would be the ones researching into them and if they do a ritual, it's kept very underground. I don't want to make an edgy cult group, I want to make a group that talks to people normally but are obsessive in understanding supernatural properties in South Zagoria.

1 minute ago, TheTrueHawk said:

Well, what I'm looking to do is stray away from typical creepy ritualistic cult groups. What I'm thinking is that we would be the ones researching into them and if they do a ritual, it's kept very underground. I don't want to make an edgy cult group, I want to make a group that talks to people normally but are obsessive in understanding supernatural properties in South Zagoria.

Nice. I mean would work but could get pretty stale without some edgy layer to it. Maybe start them off normal, have the lore masters make some spoopy shit happen and it drives them mad or something? 

Just my two cents.

1 minute ago, LemonRP said:

Nice. I mean would work but could get pretty stale without some edgy layer to it. Maybe start them off normal, have the lore masters make some spoopy shit happen and it drives them mad or something? 

Just my two cents.

Well, what I'm thinking is adding things involving characters having Schizophrenia, Dissociative Identity Disorder and the sort where some of them might be more prone in thinking they saw something supernatural.

Also, this is not just paranormal. This would be like deities, werewolves, demons, ghosts, angels, you name it. Think of it this way, before our time now, people created folklore and myths and these are going to be some of the people who write the new folklore and mythology. 

There will be some edgy moments, but it won't be the cringy in your face crowns kind of edgy. Like, you'll hear rumors about the weird shit they do, but that is most likely the best you'll hear.

I think that any group which has true intentions to progressing or adding to the current lore of the server is a good group in my book, so I'd say go for it man and good luck!

I think this is a cool idea, It could work, I love the feeling of fear of the unknown :)