Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 22:05 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Mochabot

Starving.

You ever just run around for 2 hours straight, looking for food and you don''t find a single can or any animal to hunt. Then out of no where you see it. Food. You're about to open the can of food and mow down on it but right before you do, you die...I just went through this haha, can anyone relate to this? 

Search apple trees.

Apple trees are in almost every city and town and sometimes even along side roads, it's the easiest way to get started. You spawn, find an apple tree, eat until you're orange stuffed and run land inwards. 

I can't relate to this at all.

Stab animals until they die and use your skills as a certified survivor to cook the flesh and consume it for your betterment.

Or just find an apple tree.

Myself, I can not relate because I use apple trees as my food/hydration source... 

All the apple trees look the same and are pretty much in good locations after spawning in, good luck though.

Could always look up on how to find apple trees on YouTube, or google images to see what they look like, etc.

There are a few things to try:

1. Check clothes as they sometimes contain food.
  2. Check teddy bears as they sometimes contain something edible, normally fruit.
  3. Try to stay away from high traffic areas as they are normally picked clean of food, try and find some out of the 'out of the way houses/buildings' etc.
  4. Apples trees are your new best friend, you don't always find apples on every search attempt but be persistent and you will be rewarded.

Best of luck.

Apples.. red berry's.. canned foods.. and sweet-sweet powdered milk/rice.

Check the 'pockets' of clothes that you find.. high chance of finding a can of something in coat pockets.

Also, like stated.. apple trees and berry bushes are your best friend.. or do what I do and just farm pumpkins until it contains 50% of your inventory

I forgot to mention when you kill infected they sometimes carry food in their inventory, worth checking it out if you didn't know already.

So ya, I tried looking for apple trees before I died. I don't know where i was but I could not find any. Someone said to stay away from high traffic areas because they are usually picked clean. Again, not sure where I was but since it was picked clean, I'm assuming that it was a high traffic area. 

12 minutes ago, Mochabot said:

-✂-

What do you mean by picked clean?

If others haven't, I will help guide you on TS and show you pictures etc, but unfortunatly I will be going to sleep, but I can help you out tomorrow if someone hasn't done so already. :)

I'm actually all set. I looked up the apple trees in dayz and I just realized i walked by like 1000 apple trees. Turns out I forgot what they looked like -_- whoops. It's been forever since I've played this game. 

19 minutes ago, Mochabot said:

-✂-

I'm happy to hear that you have managed to solve the problem! 

Hopefully, these answers should be sufficient, however if you have any concerns or any more questions please do not hesitate to ask. :)

In ways I can relate.  Sometimes when I am running across the map I have really bad luck and can not find a food source of really any type.  So I have grown a tendency to always carry around a bit of bone, enough rags to make some rope, and a stick so I can go fishing when I am in a pinch for food.

Personally, the only time I've ever had problems with hunger is while being at Tisy for extended periods of time. Make sure whenever you stop at a town you eat apples and drink until you're hydrated and energized.