Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 22:37 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
yasen400

IMO There should be some sort of a temporary PVP zone

Do you agree?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It should be at some location that is WALLED off, so that the killer/killed can prove if it was in the zone or not and only happen on 1 day of the week, maybe Saturday. NWAF is perfect for that. You should have to always take a screenshot of the corpse of the person you killed or video your whole stay in the NWAF. 

Only reason I am suggesting this is because I have been having so much extra gear these past ~2 months of playing that I don't know what to do with it, and this would be a good way to burn through it.

I know most people are probably going to disagree with me, since this stuff is probably going to be an admin nightmare. Hopefully when .63 rolls around you can have the tools to do something like this easily.

Edit: Well I guess it was a bad idea, I thought it was cool, kind of like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but I see your arguments as valid in the sense that this is an RP server first.

Edited by yasen400

I dont see any reason you cant throw away the extra items. Just despawn them. We have events for venting PvP frustrations and TONS of Hostile RP. 

I think this is unnecessary. 

I disagree entirely.

As for the extra gear, hit me up, I'll take it.

7 minutes ago, Taryn said:

I dont see any reason you cant throw away the extra items.

Well then what's the point of having a base exactly?

1 minute ago, Dakotaen said:

I disagree entirely.

Elaborate?

As for the extra gear, hit me up, I'll take it.

2/34 coords

Oh, right, elaborations!

PvP zones don't really add to the RP of the server, and that's what it should be all about. To do it to burn through gear just makes it an OOC thing, too, I feel like.

PvP zones don't really add to the RP of the server

I was going to say it could be a zone, kind of like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R, where brave one go to seek fortune, or find their doom.

Edited by yasen400
Comma

3 minutes ago, yasen400 said:

Well then what's the point of having a base exactly?

i didn't say you can't have a base but to me it seems like you don't want to store the items, you want to get rid of them... If Thats the case, just despawn them so they respawn and others who need them can have them. Believe it or not the map has a spawn cap for certain items. Hording causes problems. If you dont want your trash, just toss it. 

Not a fan, what if you shoot someone in the pvp zone and then run out of it? What if you shoot people who are outside from the inside?

I don't see how a pvp zone would promote RP. Having too much gear is not a good reason, you shouldn't care about gear that much and focus on RP instead of making a base in the woods somewhere. 

Also add a poll to your suggestion, makes it easier to see how many people agree or disagree. 

1 minute ago, Taryn said:

i didn't say you can't have a base but to me it seems like you don't want to store the items, you want to get rid of them... If Thats the case, just despawn them so they respawn and others who need them can have them. Believe it or not the map has a spawn cap for certain items. Hording causes problems. If you dont want your trash, just toss it.

Seems reasonable. Although you should look at my suggestion more as a weekly event rather than a perma-thing

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

What if you shoot people who are outside from the inside?

I said you have to have a pic of the corpse and then if you get reported by the guy for killing him outside the zone you will have to post it, the admin can see the fact that his corpse is outside the zone, meaning that you broke the rules

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Also add a poll to your suggestion, makes it easier to see how many people agree or disagree. 

Will do next time, thanks!

2 minutes ago, yasen400 said:

I said you have to have a pic of the corpse and then if you get reported by the guy for killing him outside the zone you will have to post it, the admin can see the fact that his corpse is outside the zone, meaning that you broke the rules

But... we can't see it without video evidence since there is no admin map (yet) like DayZ mod had

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

But... we can't see it without video evidence since there is no admin map (yet) like DayZ mod had

Ok, let say I post this pic: 

mYWovRY.jpg

You can see the wall of the zone(this isn't NWAF I just typed dead body dayz in google, but NWAF has the same wall going all the way around it making it perfect for this kind of thing). And since this is in the walled area(a.k.a The Zone), this counts as a fair kill, if it was on the other side of the wall, it would be RDM.

If you wanna burn through guns I can take em.  No need for this imo

Just now, ExoticRP said:

If you wanna burn through guns I can take em.  No need for this imo

Sure, just make sure you bring cookies ;)

nah I dont se a point in it 

You can train with your extra gear I guess or try and get into a conflict

Just now, BorisRP said:

nah I dont se a point in it 

You can train with your extra gear I guess or try and get into a conflict

It's really hard playing with other people (friends) and trying to get into a conflict at the same time(*Cough* Bring temporary groups *Cough*), we have a group application but we've been told that there are too many hostile groups so we are not getting accepted. It was easier when I was playing solo, but...

Like stated before, this doesn't improve any Role play at all and if anything, it will just encourage people to PVP more than RP. Plus, there are so so so many loopholes that could be used for this. If you have a lot of gear, just despawn it instead of hoard it so people who need it can use it. 

Also, you don't NEED to be a hostile group, just be a survivor group that gets involved with hostilities at time to time.

I mean there’s no role play in jury pointing a gun and icing someone... RP has been scarce as it is in the last few days, I don’t want to see it yet any more so scarce 

No.

If you have extra items just toss them away if you dont want it. If you want a base to keep the loot then make a base, you dont have to touch the loot it can just sit there collecting dust until you need it. This would be a report nightmare to people who run in and not know about it, and there are also plenty of pub servers you can join to release some energy in PvP. This is also a roleplay server, "DayZRP". We want to roleplay with people not to PvP with people, even if its just once a week.

How would you even explain this RP wise lol,just go hunt some Z's practice your sniping,as people stated before its a nightmare for the staff.

I don't think it would really hurt to have some sort of "PVP zone" with "loosened up rulesets" (even though outright KOS should be frowned upon, still) if it's not at a major key location or one that you do not have to necessarily go to, while at the same time I'd only really be in favor of it, if there was an "admin map" or else you'll just, potentially, have additional work on the staff side of things.

I mostly see it as a good compromise or additional aspect of "blowing off steam" (more easily). It could really be limited all in all or be in some Northern fringe zone. I really do not see any downsides if it doesn't get in anyone's way (kinda literally) and if there was a reliable way to track things on the admin side of things with some map or coordinates.

If there is no reliable way for admins to check by location (visualized, ideally), then I frankly do not see any notable support or general favor for it.

We've never needed this. There are communities that do this type of idea well, but we also have much better RP than many other communities out there.

Having a relaxed PVP zone or area is almost like giving people the ability to gear up safely then go try and shoot eachother. Half the excitement  DayZ is getting the gear and the risk you take to do so.

1 hour ago, yasen400 said:

Only reason I am suggesting this is because I have been having so much extra gear these past ~2 months of playing that I don't know what to do with it, and this would be a good way to burn through it.

So your one of the reasons this, already broken to hell, loot system is garbage... 

Apart from that, genuinely nothing RP is gained through this idea tbf bud :/  
Sorry

Its a no from me. If you want PvP I suggest public servers or you could try and make a PvP orientated event. 

if you want pvp just go to novy. us pvp scum will surely have no problem helping you :trolle: 

Go to a public server for PVP, I come here for the RP