Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 04:24
Sign in to follow this  
Elijah Johnson

A bandit town or bandit zone possibility

So I'm quite new to the community I've noticed that the majority of roleplay swings towards left wing campfire roleplay which is good and can open story arcs up but also it can become very stale quickly when you near the same old story about infected being in towns overrunning them, a survivor killing an infected almost like the "Arrow in the knee story in Skyrim"

There is also no realfear or imminent danger of loosing anything material wise in terms of weapons, ammunition, food or clothing and so everyone takes every route so everyone is running around with machine guns with the few exceptions of rifles and pistols.

Needless  to say everyone is super friendly in an environment where it should be survival by almost any means necessary against the elements, infected and others it's actually safer than it would be before the infection which is funny.

My idea is area or town that could be unsafe due to certain group of people or individuals that are unsavoury or untrustworthy may enter or patrol this area looking for prey these being cannibals or bandits and anyone looking for a different type of RP experience than campfire RP or even if they want to extend that story ark of there's or need particular items where there is more risk to get to a certain location and going around said area takes longer but reduced risk to your character.

Im aware the imitation rules are quite strict with reason but banditry as many people just want to pvp but I find unsavoury characters and bandits lacking on the server as no one ever tells stories of how they were robbed by these masked people and this town dangerous be careful or go around it to get to said location. Or while in said location. 

I suggest a map drawn up of the areas of this was implmented so that the areas of known and then people can make a choice of whoever they wish to go to these areas a risk a confrontation that could cost them anyway it's just an idea it's most likely been brought up in the past I expect critisism and feedback on the idea I'm aware it's not everyone's cup of tea  

anyways thanks for reading look forward to your responses have a nice day 

P.S sorry for spelling typed this up in 5 mins while on break 

I don't really get what you're suggesting here. Are we talking like a zone designated for PVP? Or just hostile RP?
Cause you can just hostile RP wherever, it doesn't really happen anymore what with the new rules and the fear of getting cucked, but entire towns used to be initiated on a day by day basis.
Elaborate a little more on the actual suggestion if you would. 

I've always imagined high-loot areas such as military bases being more pvp/hostile orientated due to dayz's core concept of high-loot high-risk. But that always brings in issues such as where the limits of this pvp zone lie, and adds a whole abundance of rules that need to be followed.

Hostile RP has been restricted severely due to the unofficial group rules as people can no longer form smaller bandit groups and initiate on people without 'invalidly initiating.' (legit almost got punished for joining in an initiation with a friend against people who recently killed another in our unofficial group.) I don't want to derail your thread on what hostile rp should be and initiation rules but I seriously think a reform is needed.

17 minutes ago, Elijah Johnson said:

My idea is area or town that could be unsafe due to certain group of people or individuals that are unsavoury or untrustworthy may enter or patrol this area looking for prey these being cannibals or bandits and anyone looking for a different type of RP experience than campfire RP

Isn't that what happens on the entire map? Nowhere is safe, there are no safe zones, you can encounter a hostile group "patrolling" anywhere. So I don't really understand the suggestion either :)

Currently there are three or four groups that are hostile in nature and will likely do exactly what you're asking for ANYWHERE on the map, not just one lawless town. 

Setting a singular area isnt realistic or necessary. People will just avoid that town entirely. 

I'm confused? We don't need "Zones" Or areas of hostile RP or patrolling Bandits. The whole server is not safe. If there's a group wandering around that is hostile then they'll go anywhere. That's the point though, to freely wander. Sometimes they'll set up a "Town" to claim but that's more to draw RP to it rather than away. 

Looting and fearing KoS is not quite what we strive for here on DayZRP. We prefer to have hostilities through RP means and to build off of that. Not just the fear of "Oh if I go to this place I will get shot because OOC I know it's a KoS zone." 

Hostile RP has simmered in the last month tbh. Only place you can really get it from is the central part of the map. NWAF -> Novy. But the only people who really go there are the occasional trader and anarchy... But I mean if you want some hostile RP I'm sure we can oblige you.

I'm just going to put this here. It's kinda already a place.

NovySobor_map.png

You don't need zones, hostile groups will naturally take places over and setting limits will just make more people avoid hostile RP EVEN easier.

Out of curiosity and without the intention of starting a political discussion here but:
"What is left wing campfire roleplay?" :D

8 minutes ago, Malet said:

Out of curiosity and without the intention of starting a political discussion here but:
"What is left wing campfire roleplay?" :D

It's where all RP is distributed equally, but at a sub par standard, with the seized means of RP production.

Also all stream produce is sent to Kenyan sex ring survivors, with  minorites making all community decisions rather than that straight white male, rolle. 

2 hours ago, Stannis said:

people can no longer form smaller bandit groups and initiate on people without 'invalidly initiating.'

I disagree with that. You most definitely can create bandit groups, it just seems everybody is scared to do it. You just need to initiate as a whole group, and if you get initiated on, you all counter initiate. 

3 hours ago, Elijah Johnson said:

left wing campfire roleplay

I just need to know, how does campfire roleplay have liberal undertones???? 

Like your previous answer makes no sense

Edited by Whitename

Just now, Whitename said:

no guns, ban all guns no hostile rp ban the hostile rpers i hate them hostile rp makes me sick

Just now, N-Tox said:

no guns, ban all guns no hostile rp ban the hostile rpers i hate them hostile rp makes me sick

thats not... *sigh* 

back to the topic at hand, there are unsafe towns. if you want to see another one, make it

Edited by Whitename

8 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Like your previous answer makes no sense

-snip-

Edited by HenningRP

6 hours ago, N-Tox said:

I disagree with that. You most definitely can create bandit groups, it just seems everybody is scared to do it. You just need to initiate as a whole group, and if you get initiated on, you all counter initiate. 

In the whole initiation issue at Novy: 

and the video attached,

I was in the wrong as it is classed as an invalid initiation when I initiated with cpt, thanks to the new group rules i'm unable to share kill rights with people who arent apart of an affiliated official group. Basically meaning that I had no right whatsoever to open fire on the guys that we were trying to stop, only cpt did, but they had full rights to defend themselves. This is a big hindrance to any hostile roleplay as each player of this unofficial group would have to then each individually initiate on the person they're trying to rob/mug/injure, then if the victim were to retaliate and kill each of the bandits individually without putting any of the others lives at risk he could get away with serious rule-play as the other muggers aren't according to the rules allowed to shoot and kill him if he shoots and kills their friends in the said official group. 

To be frank, I was thinking about making a sort of rag-tag bandit group, completely unofficial and go around in wooded areas picking off the vulnerable, but these group rules make it impossible for 'the bad guys' to win. That's unless we set up an official group which requires 5 people and community acceptance of the idea.

36 minutes ago, Stannis said:

- snip - 

Like I said, initiate as a group, as in everybody initiate at once. I'll agree it is much harder to be a bandit now, but if you have the numbers or the PVP skill to beat them if they don't comply, then you should be fine.