Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 00:46
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Blue

Who got you in/motivated to make you stay in DayZRP?

I don't really post too many discussion threads, so I thought I might as well make one.

For me, there were quite a few people that indirectly got me into DayZRP. I saw a lot of YouTube videos a couple years back, including people like BlizzHD, Mr. Moon, and @Roach, who all made DayZRP videos. Roach really got me into that whole "story" mentality with characters, so it's safe to say he probably had the biggest role in hooking me onto the community.

When I first joined, I maybe got on once or twice a month. When the new lore came out, that was when I went all DayZRP crazy. I met a lot of people that motivated me to keep at it. Some of the earliest people to do this were @SameOldRalle, @Wolfstorm, @RedSky, @MotocrossGuy13, @N-Tox@Titan_, and @Carg0cult.

Of course I met loads of other people later on, and I mean loads. Some people that I'd say motivate me to stay nowadays, including all the people previously included, would have to be @Refacture, @Gallo, @Wulf_jon, @Anoymouse, @Brett, @Canon360, @Dvlinhb, @Fil Vandren, @Jman14102, @Lady In Blue, @Madkilla67, and many other people.

So now I have to ask you, 

Who got you into DayZRP?

Who motivated you to stick around in your early days, and who motivates you now?

Awe thank you honey. I Always remember when ken saved Roy Kalo from severograd haha

typical mr blue with his too big to read text. smh. 

honestly? i joined dayzrp because i was tired of getting shot on sight lmao. i figured it would be cool to act like a survivor of the infection so i googled “dayz rp servers” and it was the first hit. here’s to seo 

lots of video's.. I didn't really watch the 'big boys'.. I looked for videos with >100 views just so see what it is ACTUALLY like(after some Frankie videos.. thinking Dayz SA would be like DAYZRP from the get-go). I made sure it wasn't all staged bullshit like a certain youtuber. Saw it was legit and applied.. here I am.

MrMoon videos got me intrigued, for sure, so I convinced my buddy to go try it out with me. Not a week into playing I met @Sam Fields, and he has remained my reason to come back whenever I've been gone for a time. Now a days the Syndicate boys also give me good cause to return, so that's great, too. 

I actually found this website by accident.

I was looking for a roleplay server for dayz without KOS. After a bit of googling i found this place. I signed up and never looked back.

--------

What motivates me to stay is actually the awasome people in the community +  the awasome peeps that i got/get to RP with. Especially in the beginning, throwing a special thanks to those people:  @Spartan@Ron , @Jamie, @SommerTheViking, @Blackfyre . I know i'm missing a few peeps, sorry about that :D

Tbh I saw psisyndicate videos and waited until I could whitelist :D

As for what motivates me this community has been fucking amazing in my time here, So I wanna do my best to give back to it plus you know friends and all that 

It's the people and rp that keep me here hands down thanks to people like @Spartan @Grimnir @jason hunter @Razareth @Ron @Terra @Demaabd ik I missed out alot of people but these are ones that are still around and keep me going. There is alot of people that have been permd or left unfortunately but I'm looking forward to more good times here 

The Psi Wave of 2013 brought me here. I watched some of his vids when he was doing his DayZRP series back in early 2013 then I forgot about it. A few months later (Sept 2013) something reminded me of this place and I applied. The whitelist waiting time was about 3 weeks back then due to the sheer amount of people attempting to join but if you donated you cut the time down, I donated after a week of waiting and went from position 350ish to position 1. I have been around these parts ever since.

I played many hours in the mod particularly when I was a co-leader of a 'hero' group (The Gray Fangs) and in that time I have met lots of people, some of them not here anymore due to various reasons, there would be too many to mention by name. I don't play as much as I used to but that is down to a more hectic RL but I still enjoy it here after all these years and enjoy being in staff at the moment. 

My RP stretches way back into SA:MP rp servers haha,I bought DayZ on September 2014 and played a bit but put it down to let it develop a bit,came back a couple of years later in 2016, played more and enjoyed it a lot more,at the time i was just going through my youtube feed and saw a youtuber i cant remember which, titled the video "Dayz Roleplaying" and I was like "hol' up" i didn't know there was DayZRP servers and i quickly hopped onto that wagon. It's been an on and off relationship with DayZ recently due to college, rarely any spare time being a CS Major but ah well what can you do. Finished my towers of work and now have a hell of a load of time to play :).

I joined DayZ back when it first came out. When you couldn't farm and could still blow up gas stations ... Ahh the good ol' days.

Anyways, I dropped DayZ for a long time before my buddy @NickJames @Pablo Esteban and Eric, whatever his damn name on here is, decided one summer to join DayZRP to have some RP fun! We'd do this like almost every summer; join a random ArmA or DayZ Style Server and have fun for a few months. Well, this one was the first "serious" RP we ever did and damn ... I got hooked instantly. Opened up a whole new world of RP I never knew existed and I have made some of the best friends I could ever ask for from here. :D

Sadly, they don't play anymore (save maybe Pablo?) but! My time here I have met many great people and enjoy the RP we all have together. <3 

I've played on 5 or 6 different DayZ roleplay servers from 2013 to 2014. I finally deciding to join DayZRP after a long time spent on Arma 3 Roleplay servers. It just felt right to go back to DayZ at the time...

Was always a fan of DayZ Mod, when I made my steam account I made it only to play DayZ (no joke). Bought the Arma 2 stuff, loved playing it, never played a game like it.

Heard that a Standalone version was coming out, got real excited, and of course since I was a DayZ player I knew of Frankie, Psi and so on, but I also knew their stuff was staged, so never got an interest in RP.

Played normal DayZSA, got bored of it really quickly, played some other games, ended up RPing on Gmod for a bit and thought maybe DayZRP might not be so bad, decided to whitelist, got in, here I am three years later.

Honestly, nobody pushed me to play DayZ, was my own interest. And nobody keeps me motivated to keep playing. I enjoy RP, the story-lines, the realism(when there is realism), in all honesty it's interesting so I want to keep playing. But lately the only thing that has me wanting to stay is .63.

Well, I used to play the Dayz mod in Arma 2 back in the day. Although I never roleplayed in it. When the game was gonna receive a standalone I was so stocked and hyped. I bought awhile after it was released cause of money problems. My first ever roleplay experience must've been on infestation although it was just with a couple of friends we still had fun.

I played Dayz almost every day back in the day with my boy @Max. Had around 500 hours before I stopped playing dayz cause of broken promises and too many bugs. Then I stumbled upon this place and got back into the game in 2016. It was so fun I had finally had the drive to get back into dayz again.

I guess it's the people that make me stick around. Dayzrp is a unique place but I guess it's the friends that I have made her that makes me still especially be around.

I guess I just missed the chemistry with what happens in this game, all other forms of Roleplay that I have had seemed too immature, don't get me wrong I have had my ups and downs in the community but hey hoh, I'm still here because I just want good roleplay.

I also "had" a lot of friends that asked me to come back, I literally came back last night as a matter of fact for the first time in about 7 months. So i'm still learning what has changed and who is still here and who isn't. Hopefully some people remember me so I'm not completely a nobody lol, but I was the Co Leader of The Angels. I probably had my best time in that group, and I want more of those moments to come. So lets see how it goes :/ 

Edited by Levent

I don't remember exactly who it was but there was a guy on a Miscreated roleplay server who mentioned DayZRP. Pretty sure it was a guy who tendied but idk.
He got me to join, @Mr. Blue and @Wolfstorm were the two that really solidified my place in the community.

Edited by N-Tox

Frankieonpc was the one who got me in this community, you can see how long ago I made my profile

6 hours ago, Dakotaen said:

Oh stop it you

47 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

Thanks bud, same goes for me

51 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

Aw, thanks babe <3

He's permabanned.

I stumbled across some of Roach's and Psisyndicate's videos a couple years back. They peaked my interest and I joined a little while later. I got on maybe twice, but felt in over my head, and bowed out.

When the lore wipe hit, I saw that as an opportunity to try again. And what a great decision that was.

@Taryn, @Saints, @WulfeGirl, @neckrorazul, @CorbSlayer, @Raptor, @Mark, @Vito, and @Otter really helped ease me into the RP world, and gave me one hell of a storyline for my first character as well. I've been onboard one hundred percent since then.

Others worth mentioning are @Lyca, @N-Tox, you @Mr. Blue, @Roach, @Jack the Ripper, @Lady In Blue, @Brayces and the best god damn wingman in the apocalypse, @Dvlinhb.

There's several more, but I can't name them all!

Well, for me, at the very beginning I got my inspiration to look towards roleplay from FrankieOnPCIn1080P and his DayZ mod series. It was from the scripted events and everything that I grew an interest for roleplay and I started to watched PsiSyndicate when he started to play Dead Zone RP and I decided to join it and that's where I got my first interaction with roleplay on DayZ. 

Beforehand I already had experience on playing on Real Life RPG Cicada Island Life, so it was only natural I gained interest. Once Dead Zone and DayZEnd stopped, I stopped on roleplay for a while until BlAkeMusic4Life released the song A New Dawn where I decided that I was going to try for DayZRP. I made my first character Blake 'Hawk' LeBlanc which was pretty much just based on me. I met a couple of people back then like Jay Wong, Empress Juila and my really close friend Sineda. My roleplay was pretty bad and I wanted to improve with my more notable character, Casey Halls and that's where I really had the most emotion into my character and where I attempted my first group being The Andronicus Corporation. 

Now, the lore wipe has happened, I decided to bring back Casey Halls and started playing with the Riptide Collective, got bored and didn't play for a few hot months. However, after a long time of Metro 2033 and Last Light craze, I wanted to make a Russian character. I based this character off of Uhl'man from the Polis Rangers and decided to create Ulman Romanov Tolstoy. The character most people know me for and I really have to thank @kimmylou, @Mademoiselle, @LouieRP, @TehZombyBeard, @Taryn, @Mark and @Alex Tayno for heavily motivating me when it came to playing Ulman. 

Now, I play Casey Hall, an alternative version to Casey Halls and I'm already having some amazing fun with @Empress Julia, @Malet, @Kriss Blade, @Lyca and Mademoiselle once again.

Well, that's pretty much the people I owe it to for bringing me into the server and keeping me on. All of you guys are amazing (Besides you Louie, killed my best character ;-;)

Edited by TheTrueHawk

29 minutes ago, TheTrueHawk said:

Well, for me, at the very beginning I got my inspiration to look towards roleplay from FrankieOnPCIn1080P and his DayZ mod series. It was from the scripted events and everything that I grew an interest for roleplay and I started to watched PsiSyndicate when he started to play Dead Zone RP and I decided to join it and that's where I got my first interaction with roleplay on DayZ. 

Beforehand I already had experience on playing on Real Life RPG Cicada Island Life, so it was only natural I gained interest. Once Dead Zone and DayZEnd stopped, I stopped on roleplay for a while until BlAkeMusic4Life released the song A New Dawn where I decided that I was going to try for DayZRP. I made my first character Blake 'Hawk' LeBlanc which was pretty much just based on me. I met a couple of people back then like Jay Wong, Empress Juila and my really close friend Sineda. My roleplay was pretty bad and I wanted to improve with my more notable character, Casey Halls and that's where I really had the most emotion into my character and where I attempted my first group being The Andronicus Corporation. 

Now, the lore wipe has happened, I decided to bring back Casey Halls and started playing with the Riptide Collective, got bored and didn't play for a few hot months. However, after a long time of Metro 2033 and Last Light craze, I wanted to make a Russian character. I based this character off of Uhl'man from the Polis Rangers and decided to create Ulman Romanov Tolstoy. The character most people know me for and I really have to thank @kimmylou, @Mademoiselle, @LouieRP, @TehZombyBeard, @Taryn, @Mark and @Alex Tayno for heavily motivating me when it came to playing Ulman. 

Now, I play Casey Hall, an alternative version to Casey Halls and I'm already having some amazing fun with @Empress Julia, @Malet, @Kriss Blade, @Lyca and Mademoiselle once again.

Well, that's pretty much the people I owe it to for bringing me into the server and keeping me on. All of you guys are amazing (Besides you Louie, killed my best character ;-;)

You talk to much :D 

No one really got me into dayzrp, I mean I had only started playing dayz from last July or August, rp has always interested me and was something I never invisioned doing. Kind of thought it was a loser thing to do. Still do sometimes with the amount of crap I do in game. I joined dayzrp in November 2017 so I’m still a noob to community I guess. Feels like I’ve been here a lifetime. I have honestly have a love/hate thing for it. 

But what motivates me to stay within this community is some of the amazing people I have met ic and ooc. I’m not gonna sit here and tag people because you all know who you are. Without some of you guys I wouldn’t be here and enjoying my time. I like to class some of you as friends and you always get me smiling if I feel crap! So I guess Thankyou ya crazy bunch. And it’s always exciting to always meet new people and how you just have connections with them.so yeah that is all!  :)