Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 21:58
Sign in to follow this  
IILogiiCII

DayZ is so broken

There I am, walking around Svet, when out of nowhere i just die, everything gone, this game aggravates me so much

Yep.

That happens.

I actually got glitched earlier and I was like super Sonic fast.

Unfortunately it sounds like you got DayZ'd. Don't worry about the stuff as it is easily obtained again. I hope that it doesn't happen to you again (but it probably will :P).

Dayz being a broken game is no surprise, prepare for it to happen often.  

6 minutes ago, Major said:

I was like super Sonic fast.

Super fast jellyfish?

Just now, Chewy said:

Super fast jellyfish?

"Mommy's coming and my hand stuck in the bottom of the fucking cookie jar" fast

I had a glitch where i threw a bike helmet and it made me stuck in the uncon animation without actually going uncon... and i got stuck on a ladder around the same time so i was just belly flopping repeatedly.

A few people were watching me stream at the time. I was howling with laughter.

This just made me think of a certain things. How I would be, at times, a vocal supporter of the game - not like a raging fanboy, more like someone saying it isn't that bad and still fun for me where others would say it's a mess, yadda yadda.

In retrospect or thinking about it now, I can't help but agree with them now, to some extend at least. You look at the game and see things that were broken or wonky ever since release. For years. Some things are so trivial but worked before where you wonder why it's not getting fixed, or changed, or adapted, added, etc.

I do not claim to be a good dev or one at all, not my field. But at times I wonder what the frick they are doing over there, for years. Of course everything has a reason and can be explained or light can be shed on it. They likely have too few people, the poster boy Dean left ages ago from what I remember, and some other reasons.

But no matter the reason or justification or explanation, while it's fun, it's also a mess and perceived as such. Wasted potential because things took too much time. Now you can only hope they can turn this around with Beta and draw people to the game in big numbers again. Regardless, I would like to see some things fixed and then mod support added so that the community can fix or add what they can't.

Why can't I wear certain items that would logically go with other items, such as certain gas masks and helmets? Why the frick does my character eventually get face or head glitches when wearing gloves or similar items? Why can't I wear two armbands on one arm, or one per arm? Then some other glitches or problems that are so old, you wonder if they ever get fixed. I think the only reason I play this mess is the RP community here and some immersion in my head while doing so. More fun than normal DayZ, but that whole game is sadly not doing so well - so far.

I hope they get their shit together and / or that the DayZRP community can eventually find a fitting new game to move to. I mean there are plenty of (sandbox) candidates, but most in development. Can it go worse than DayZ?

Maybe I should also look at the bright side of things, but it saddens me to think we could've had notable fixes, mod support or more a long time ago - where other (community) mods and so on are notably faster and apparently deliver more content. And yet, I still cling to DayZ.

Is the game a 'fool', or am I? :P

tbh ive never been DayZ'd in ways that go against the actual game. 

Ive had my internet kick out while running from a zombie. I've died in the woods from wolves while double carrying tents. But I've never just died outright for no reason. I hate to say it, but you just gotta be good at manipulating the lag and mechanics. I've learned and adjusted to the latency in melee combat with zombies, and I've learned to never base in the middle of the woods cause you'll end up getting dehydrated and dying. As for getting one hit by zombies; it doesnt happen when you keep yourself healthy. If youve been in a firefight, take lots of time to get healthy or you will almost certainly be dinked to death by the undead. 

TL:DR  Keep your character healthy and you probably wont die randomly. 

I can not count the amount of stupid ass ways I've died in this game. I have to say the dumbest was just after the lore wipe, I was watching someone rob my friend with a scope but I didn't realize it was him. I was on top of one of the buildings in cherno you can climb a latter on, and I had a friend with me. On my screen I was just crouched, but for him I was walking around aimlessly until I fell off the roof and "you are dead"... all I was doing was being crouched for god sake!

Usually for me if I'm having bad luck in dayz, I'm REALLY having bad luck. If I die to something stupid, chances are I might die a second or third time just trying to regear. I don't fight wolves anymore because all they do is glitch across my screen. Fuck this game sometimes.