Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 05:09
Sign in to follow this  
groovy ap

The New Society [Active Recruitment]

yNis4hW.png

"You know, a long time ago crazy used to mean something. Nowadays everyone's crazy."

G3FEpA8.png

WGT54vX.png

GkUnPoA.png

Chapter I: Before

Spoiler

Our story starts in a small town named Gympie, Australia. There in the spring of 2015 was a man named Jason Hodgens, who for all purposes was considered by most a sicko. Controlling, conniving, and altogether a arrogant man, Jason was shunned from his family and his home. He spent the next years traveling around the United States, eventually making it to Australia. On a high with a concoction of drugs, he went into a trip, making his way through it.

On this drug trip, Jason had a long conversation with some sort of deity, and that conversation had a lasting effect. Calling itself 'Mamaragan’, the deity told Jason that the apocalypse was imminent. It would be a plague starting in a country called Chernarus, within the next 3 years. He was being told this information because he was chosen by Mamaragan to save the human race, and lead them into a new golden age. The plague would not kill off every evil person, and he would need to kill those who would lead him off the path of righteousness. Mamaragan then proclaimed that all those Jason killed would be punished by being forced to serve him in the afterlife for eternity.

Jason then woke up in the Australian Bush, severely dehydrated and hungry. He happened upon a man named William Woods, a local. As William took Jason to his home to rest up, Jason started ranting about his vision. Robert was extremely moved by Jason’s ideas & praise, deciding that Jason’s vision was the only way forward. From that point on William would be called ‘The First’ disciple.

Then the duo set off to do Jason’s mission of saving humanity. It took a few months getting everything ready to go to, with passports, food, money, etc., but eventually they made it to Chernarus in early 2017. The apocalypse was coming, both of the men knew it, but no one listened to them. Life was hard having no real stable income in a country so foreign, and they survived mostly off of hunting and charity from the local orthodox church. In July however, reports came up of some odd thing going on with chemical attacks in the north. The First recommended they bug out to a cabin in the woods, and so they stayed isolated, for 2 months.

Chapter II: Embers

Spoiler

After those 2 months of chaos, Jason & The First set out to find what was left of the world. Hey had kept in contact with the world by listening through an old radio to the changes going on. It sure as hell was the apocalypse that Jason had predicted. The end of the world had started, and only two people had knew it would come. With the dangers of going out, Jason and The First sat down to codify their manifesto. After long, arduous hours, they finally finished it. But after such a long time spent on their masterpiece, it was lost in a fire, destroying the cabin and everything but the clothes on their backs.

Forced out, they reached the town of Lopatino in the early dawn, and settled down in a house nearby. Finding food was easy enough, and shortly they had stocked enough to last the winter and then some. Attempting to move West, towards less devastated regions of Chernarus proved useless, so they decided to stay in the Lopatino area. There they ventured out little biding their time. With so many hostile groups, it took a while to get going.

In March, things started to change. Jason decided it was time to go into action. At that point, they started the recruitment of the righteous for the showdown against evil. The flock grew, and he first met a kid who didn't even know his own name, and promised to get him back to proper health, protecting and caring for him. There would be a lot more people needed to save humanity though.

Chapter III: The Rise

Spoiler

Eventually the flock following Jason grew further. They picked up a man named Reuben, a white South African who was obedient and loyal, and became an ardent follower of the group. Then a man named Gyth joined after being introduced by Reuben. A few other also joined up, including Lucian, a man recently traveled to Chernarus, and Bonifacio, a former slave of Anarchy's. Unfolding over the course of a few weeks, was a relief to both The First and Jason. They finally had a few  bodies to protect them things were looking on the up and up.

Then Anarchy arrived. Driving around one day, Jason and Reuben were attacked by Anarchy in Kabanino. Jason was shot in the shoulder, but survived, albeit beaten and missing all his belongings besides his backpacks, matches, and a water bottle. This event led to hostilities between the two groups, with Jason & gang going to steal guns from anarchy underneath their noses. It would turn into much more though.

At the battle of Novy Sobor, The New Society arrived late to help the coalition. Charging men into battle, the cadre of fighters claimed one kill in the battle before the call was made to back off. A week later, The First led another cadre of The New Society hunting down Chernarussian fighter pilots in the woods of western South Zagoria. The skill of the men proved invaluable at the Lopatino Castle ambush. It was later decided by Jason that for the time the New Society would enter the coalition against Anarchy, at least until they had been toppled.

Q3VKyWr.png

IN CHARACTER GOALS

-Find a place where we can build society anew, away from the ongoing tribalism of the region (ETA Day 300, Ongoing)

-Find 6 other people and show them Jason's word, so that we may better carry out his mission (ETA Day 310, Ongoing 1/6)

-Nurse the Kid back to health and help him remember his name (Completed)

-Ensure peace with other groups through ‘Hostile Neutrality’, including means of lying and coercion (Failed)

-Find and create slaves for ourselves in the next life (ETA Day 310, Ongoing)

-Find the man with the Cowboy hat, and teach him his lesson (ETA Day 290, Ongoing)

-Get our Lada Niva back that was taken from us (Cancelled, A better vehicle was found)

-Destroy any group or people in our way (Continual, Ongoing)

OUT OF CHARACTER GOALS

-Provide unique roleplay centered around a cult of personality

-Show an alternative to a run-of-the-mill hostile group, instead offering people a chance to walk away

-Strive to use OOC as little as possible while in game, as it takes away from valuable internal storylines

-Eventually become a pariah group on the server, and provide a satisfying end to the storylines of the group and all those involved in it

WLtBbF9.png

i4fgKvG.png

Allied- The Coalition

Friendly-

Neutral- All those not stated

Hostile- CDF/Svoboda

At War-

ECJCbUT.png?1

APTerminator - Jason "The Leader" Hodgens

GodOfInternetLag - William "The First" Woods

Borat - Reuben Neves

Coughman - Gyth "Speedy" Brettson

Grim - Lucian "Lucy" Mortem

6b1MMNJ.jpg

82CITC2.png

This group is a Cultist Group, which means there is a strict IC hierarchy that must be followed. If there is an IC command from the leader or second-in-command it is expected that members will carry out that order without question. By joining this group you agree that any/all current group members will have permanent execution rights on your character, should you betray the group and its mission.

As for recruitment it’s an open door policy. We will accept anyone willing into this group whether you’re new to roleplay or seasoned. We reserve the right to terminate membership on grounds of unacceptable behavior, disregard for roleplay, etc.

Byz3xPc.jpg?2

G3FEpA8.png

Edited by APTerminator

Cool to see more Nuetral Survivor groups out there. Just make sure you have a way to further your group goals after you complete them.

Res Publica did the same thing - our original goals were much like yours, we completed them, and now we're having to adapt and change them up. So make sure you leave room in your RP for that :)

16 minutes ago, Sylva said:

Cool to see more Nuetral Survivor groups out there. Just make sure you have a way to further your group goals after you complete them.

Res Publica did the same thing - our original goals were much like yours, we completed them, and now we're having to adapt and change them up. So make sure you leave room in your RP for that :)

Thanks for the tip, we'll be sure to keep the future in mind.

Literino. I'd approve it right now, but I want some pics and a couple more specific SMART goals.

Much love.

it'd be a damn shame if forwhatever reason poor jason ends up being hung at a lightpole in Novy :(

All joking aside mate, group looks awesome and I can't wait for some lunatic/eerie RP(whatever approach you take with it) from you lot. Goodluck with your acceptance :)

Upon reading your lore and other aspects of this group page, I wonder, in what way is this a cult?

You provide little to nothing in what you actually believe in or what you think must be achieved by any means necessary. There are no religious or quasi-religious motives. The only thing you actually have here is that your people are crazy and obedient, which is not even 25% of it in all honesty. While you did mention a person's mission and a manifesto, there is nothing that indicates that you have many ideas, to begin with. When I started my original cult group, we were asked, "what do you believe and why do you believe it?". I suggest you ponder on this for a bit.

group looks good! goals are SMAR(T), lore well-written, just a quick suggestion

18 hours ago, APTerminator said:

-Strive to use OOC as little as possible while in game, as it takes away from valuable internal storylines

this is a server rule rather than a group goal. would also recommend changing your images to white instead of black

good luck

On 4/2/2018 at 11:01 PM, Major said:

Literino. I'd approve it right now, but I want some pics and a couple more specific SMART goals.

Much love.

Edited to your commands.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:03 AM, Hebi Kotei said:

Upon reading your lore and other aspects of this group page, I wonder, in what way is this a cult?

You provide little to nothing in what you actually believe in or what you think must be achieved by any means necessary. There are no religious or quasi-religious motives. The only thing you actually have here is that your people are crazy and obedient, which is not even 25% of it in all honesty. While you did mention a person's mission and a manifesto, there is nothing that indicates that you have many ideas, to begin with. When I started my original cult group, we were asked, "what do you believe and why do you believe it?". I suggest you ponder on this for a bit.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't like to play all my cards on the group page here. That way people have some incentive to find us in game & RP. I can understand where you're coming from in this, I believe we just have a differing opinion on how much information OOC should be shared.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:50 AM, Whitename said:

group looks good! goals are SMAR(T), lore well-written, just a quick suggestion

this is a server rule rather than a group goal. would also recommend changing your images to white instead of black

good luck

Thanks for the input! I'll ask around and see what other have to say on the color, and yes while that is a server rule I've yet to meet any group that actively tries to limit OOC unless there are other groups/people around. 

5 hours ago, APTerminator said:

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't like to play all my cards on the group page here. That way people have some incentive to find us in game & RP. I can understand where you're coming from in this, I believe we just have a differing opinion on how much information OOC should be shared.

Not saying you have to mention all of it, or even the full depth of it. Just a little taster to make people really want to come and find you, I'm obviously not gonna tell you to publish your full manifesto, you do what you want with it, but for me it is a hard selling point to get interested in a cult group if I do not have at least a little snippet.

Usually what sets apart a good cult group from a bad one is how far they are willing to delve into their ideology and not have the group up for the sake of torture RP (even though that's the best bit). The thread is usually how you distinguish yourselves from others, this tends to ring true especially for cultist groups since how wide their range of ideas may be.

/Approved.

You guys are good to go! Hope to bump into you IG.

lit af fam

ive ran into a few of ya bois ig a while ago, good role players. this group should go well

Looking good! ;)

Congrats Austin :D

No nickname :,< ... like if you are depressed

RUN ITS A CULT! :trolle:

In all seriousness though this looks pretty decent.  Me personally I do not know about the grey and bright red text art but to each their own.  Beyong that little nick pick I think everything here looks pretty good.  Good luck in game guys!

The group idea is great guys and wishing you all the best of luck, I know your awesome so you should do fine ;) 

> says is friendly to CDF

> comes to camp and tries to talk shit, spreads lies behind our back, captures and carves CDF scum into back

Donald Trump Calls for Ban on Travelling to Kinver Until âSomeone finds out what the hell is going onâ

Edited by Sylva

Do you worship our lord and saviour Mamaragan, can I spread the word....

No ... well Im going to preach

Edited by Borat