Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 10:28
Sign in to follow this  
Lizard

More Open Groups

I noticed while looking through all the official groups on the server right now that all of them are closed. It makes sense to keep a closed group so you know who is in your group, but I think it would be fun to have some more open ones. I think a group like a Red Cross or a church of some kind would be a fun idea for an open group. I think this would also make for a group with a more diverse range of personalities as the group wouldn't be looking for one type of person.

TO CLARIFY: I when I say open groups I mean a group that does not require any kind of application.

Edited by Lizard
clarification

All the approved groups are open right now. Every single one either has a recruitment application or are open to letting you join if you meet them IC. Did you look at the groups forum or the groups tab? The groups inside of the “Groups” tab are closed to prevent people from clicking “Join” when they aren’t part of the group. 

If you check here you can see all groups are actively recruiting. However this link shows they’re all closed, because people would be able to join without an invitation. 

Damn, now I feel dumb. Thanks though I always thought you had to like meet with the members of the group in game or something to try and join lol.

some groups like the railroad and the damned require that you meet them in character in order to join. most others have simple applications that you can send to the leader. honestly i prefer joining a group to be done IC rather than just pull up to 5 people you never met before and be like aye im one of you guys. just my opinion though

Yeah that makes sense, but I'm sure any good role players would be able to play it off in a natural way. 

But thanks for the help I'm gonna try to join a group now haha

50 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Damn, now I feel dumb. Thanks though I always thought you had to like meet with the members of the group in game or something to try and join lol.

My group does applications on the forums and then work out a meeting IC so it makes sense that people are traveling with us. Some groups only do IC recruitment but I find doing a combo of both works best

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

My group does applications on the forums and then work out a meeting IC so it makes sense that people are traveling with us. Some groups only do IC recruitment but I find doing a combo of both works best

Thanks dude! Sadly my current character probably would not fit into your group so well, but next time if you guys are still around I'll have you in mind.