Server time (UTC): 2020-11-01, 02:26 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Fields

"A Missing Moretti" [Beth's Freq]

@RogueSolace

*A Brooklyn voice sounds through*

"Hey Beth, hope everything's good your end. I know ain't been at that fuckin' place but, shit, me and my brother are doin' good... Better, anyway."

*He adopts a faster pace*

"Listen, I'm sure you've met a fuck load'a people with all your doctoring and shit and I-I was wonderin' if you ever heard of another Brooklyn boy by the name of Bobby Moretti? I ain't got a description, but his brother's lookin' for him... A-and I know what's it's like to have lost a brother."

*He pauses*

"Yeah, if you' seen him or know someone who might, let me know and I'd appreciate it. Sure I'll pop by soon too."

*The PTT is released*

*beth picks up the radio*

"Hey there, the last Moretti I saw was Tony. I heard they relocated somewhere in Russia somehow. Unfortunately I have not heard that name. I'll keep an ear out though. Glad you're doing better, take care."

*Coming across the static is a faint voice of a woman. If Beth was paying attention she might possibly recognize the staticy distant voice as Madam Ambassadors*

"Ag---ain? He l-t h-m ag-in? J-e--us. L-st I he-d th-y b-h w-t off to Rus-a. Ha-t h-rd f-m th-m in mo-hs. F-g-d t-y w-r-e de-d."

*The transmission fades off, her radio not having enough power to push through the static.*

*snatches the radio hearing the familiar voice.*

"hey, I've been worried about you it's good to hear your voice. Unfortunately your signal is pretty bad. He left over a month ago with the whole family. Unless they somehow it came back within the past few days or something. I mean I think they went to Russia I could totally be wrong. I hope you're doing well, you know how to reach me if you need anything."

*Everest pauses his work on the chemical mixture as he hears the name 'Moretti' over the radio. He quickly grabs his radio's microphone and clicks it on before speaking angrily but smoothly through his teeth.*

"Moretti? As in... Tony Moretti?

Because if so, I have some... Choice words, you could say... for that slimy fat little sad Italian goddamn cannoli eating motherfucking fucking- FUCK!

*There is a loud slam as Everest brings a fist down on his desk, and the sound of glass clinking together and liquid sloshing can be heard in the few moments of silence that follow.*

Know what? Fuck it. No better time than the present."

*The loading of a pistol can be heard in the background before the -click- of the mic's 'OFF' button leads into radio silence.* 

"Ummm..... sir....... he most definitely left a while ago from my understanding."

*The US Ambassador comes in a bit clearer after making a few adjustments*

"A month ago?! Christ... I  Hav-ent he-ard from them sin-ce they left in... Sept-mber? I'm fi-ne. I fo-und my Emb------y sec-ty gua-ds and oth-r sol-ers. We a-e a militia. We-re in Nov-gr-d ob-lst."

*She releases the PTT*

Allen picks up his radio as he listens in, checking his frequency against his scanner that caught the conversation, then talks in a voice few have heard, no longer hoarse and with a slight English accent to it.

"Hi... umm I don't mean to interrupt but this Tony fellow... does he wear black and a black flat cap? Likes AKs with drums?  If so I saw him today,  Jersey sounding guy... ran into him between... Dibrovka and Krasnostav with someone named Jason at a gas station.  Said they were headed North then some other direction... didn't specify where though I'm afraid. Not sure if this helps..."

He releases the push to talk then and coughs a bit before looking out the window to make sure no one heard the change in his voice. Satisfied he sets the scanner back to searching the frequencies but leaves the radio on for the time being to continue listening in.

*He snatches up the radio snarling into*

"I ain't here to listen to some disrespectful fuckin' chooch down a radio. If you've got a problem with this guy you best be very fuckin' careful in how you handle it."

*He catches himself, continuing in a calmer demeanor*

"I digress, we're lookin' for his brother Bobby and any further information will be rewarded."

*The transmission cuts*

*He depresses the PTT, a calm voice carrying over the airwaves.*

"...So Tony Moretti has returned? How interesting. It seems things did not work out for him in Russia like he had hoped. While I do not know the whereabouts of his brother, I do know Mr. Moretti. I was a former partner of his."

*He pauses for a moment.*

"Unfortunately, I am a bit preoccupied at the moment. But I should be available to speak with him in a few short days."

*He releases the PTT and flicks the radio off, staring up at the cloudy sky.*

"If you thought you could waltz back in here with no consequences, Mr. Moretti... You are sorely mistaken."

Sign in to follow this