Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 06:19
Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Would this group be allowed?

I have been thinking of making a group that is based off of the USEC PMC from the game Escape From Tarkov, which is pretty much a militarised group that goes into places like Chernaurus, or in EFT, the city of Tarkov.

I think this is a good group idea, but I'm worried about things such as copyright infringement, due to the group being from another game. So before I begin making it, I just wanted to make sure it would be alright to do so.

People have made groups with the same name as from another game before, but I would advise against copying lore and making it exactly the same, perhaps add your own touch to the idea. ^_^

Yeah like @Harvey said, if you're gonna make a group based on another game / movie I would say make it yours but with the same base principle, so rename it, different logo etc.

Take the same ideas. Snag a bit of the backstory, twist it about. Make your own based off the EFT group. You should be fine.. I don't think Russian dev's are snooping about on dayzrp.com.. even if they are.. i doubt they can do anything- just take the idea and blend it into the current lore we have on the server and you should be fine :)