Server time (UTC): 2020-10-27, 14:21
Sign in to follow this  
Exio

If you didn't play on DayZRP, would you still play DayZ?

If you didn't play on DayZRP, would you still actively play DayZ?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually curious to see just how many of us are here solely for the roleplay experience or if the community is loyal to the game. I'd appreciate some feedback and discussion below as well: do you still find enjoyment in the vanilla game? What keeps you on the game in general--looting, exploration, PVP?

If the roleplay is the only thing keeping you, what has made you feel the game isn't worth it anymore? Lack of updates? Bugs/glitches? Server stability?

Hey im the first one to vote! :3

Yes, I would still be playing DayZ even if I had not found DayZRP. I just love the exploration and survival of DayZ, Even though ive seen most of the locations in the game, I still love to see them all over again. 
It does get dull every so often, which is why I dont play every single day anymore, but it has its own special charm that keeps me coming back. 

1 minute ago, Zilly said:

I just love the exploration and survival of DayZ

Yeah me too man, IDK how much I'd play if I didn't have this server but I know I'd get on just to run around and see places like Black Lake and the northern Tisy cliff face. This game is more beautiful than people give it credit for sometimes

Yeah, i love the foliage variety that 0.62 brought and im hyped for the other graphical and environmental improvements in 0.63 and beyond (flowing streams, better audio and such)

Honestly no, I was gifted DayZ by a friend that I played a bit of mod with. We drifted apart and stopped talking for a long while and so I stopped playing DayZ and had actually uninstalled it for a long time, then got bored and decided to see if there was any RP servers for it. Found this one and another one and said fuck it and whitelisted here.

In all honesty no. And as for exploration and survival aspect, there are mods and other games that do it much better then dayz. I would probs play Arma 3 Dayz.

2 minutes ago, Brady said:

In all honesty no. And as for exploration and survival aspect, there are mods and other games that do it much better then dayz. I would probs play Arma 3 Dayz.

It is true that other games give much better survival experiences but there's something unique about DayZ's, even if it is extremely clunky. I don't own ArmA 3 but if I did I'd probably play it if push turned to shove on SA (or just become a full-blown FFXV fanboy)

What is dayz without dayzrp? The community drew me in and the people I’ve met kept me playing.

I dont think I have ever played on public servers

1 minute ago, Prince said:

I dont think I have ever played on public servers

Dude you're missing so much! KOS, troll-y fresh spawns, abysmal desync, KOS, people complaining about the bugs they experience in chat, KOS~

Not a chance

Not a chance.

Just now, UndeadRP said:

God no the base game is garbage. I would just go play arma 2

You're making me nostalgic of ArmA 2 DayZ mod lol running around collecting PKMs to shoot at helicopters floating around

I would. There is a charm to taking down a geared squad and making the survivors of the slaughter your bitches under the false pretense of gear and being able to live after the fight.

Also that awesome PvP server everyone loves.

11 minutes ago, UndeadRP said:

God no the base game is garbage. I would just go play arma 2

Don't, you'll make me want to play Overpoch in a bit.

Just now, Hebi Kotei said:

Don't, you'll make me want to play Overpoch in a bit.

Overpoch servers never worked for me, nor Epoch. Maybe I'm just dumb but only the mod ever worked.

4 minutes ago, Exio said:

Overpoch servers never worked for me, nor Epoch. Maybe I'm just dumb but only the mod ever worked.

I feel so sorry for you, was probably the best mod for DayZ.

3 hours ago, Exio said:

Try the curren dayz launcher should work fine if you have operation arrowhead and base game. I forget what it's called  im not on my pc ATM but I think it's just dayz launcher. The old one got shut down but there's a few launchers that work fine ATM.

edit- since getting on my pc it was called dz launcher

https://dz.launcher.eu/download

Edited by UndeadRP

I still enjoy hopping on to PvP servers to chill out and crack some skulls with an SVD or something. Servers with Loot Tents spawned everywhere so its not hard to gear up are fun, because you get into the action far quicker and you stop giving a shit about gear.

For a long time I just joined the Official servers and repeated the same cycle constantly; Spawn in, quickly loot the closest town, run north, gear up, run south/to an Airfield to find players and then eventually die to do it all again. I've since realised that its far easier to cut out the "middle man" and just get to the PvP, hence playing on high loot PvP servers, as I've done the "Survival" aspect of DayZ time and time again. 

The problem with DayZ Standalone is that there's no "End Game" to it, its just a repeating cycle over and over again. Added to the fact that the game is buggy and the development has been slow, to say the very least, its no wonder that people don't want to play it. The Youtuber Ruskie does a great video on this topic.

Edited by Queerios

I still love to play public servers, sometimes I get a bit burnt out, not from the game but rping! I been here since November and played on this server pretty solid tbh and I totally gave up with the public servers. However I’ve just started getting back into them and my first day back on it, I felt like a complete nooob again lmao. besides sometimes rping on a public servers can be so amazing and funniest interactions I could never give up! 

:) 

Not even in the slightest, no.

7 hours ago, Dallas said:

What is dayz without dayzrp? The community drew me in and the people I’ve met kept me playing.

You’re welcome ;)  

Hahah, no way jose. I would not still be playing DayZ if it weren't for DayZRP. There is nothing that gets me to get into the game besides RP. I live for the people who also get in the game for RP. SA currently has no end game, no base building, no dynamic loot tables, nothing interesting besides to get in and KoS freshspawns after doing Military Base runs. Like, that is it. DayZRP strips that away and gives us our own end game, which is RP which thankfully never truly ends and is always changing and evolving. 

I have met some of the best people on this silly RP community, people who I'd never in a million years think to be RPers or enjoy RP. But, here they are. And here they stay!