Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 23:36
Sign in to follow this  
Para

Event team?

Event Team.  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

So, as of recently some people may have heard i've been trying to come up with some ideas for events, mostly IC ones for people to take part in. Difficulty is, I don't know who would volunteer for these events. 

I'll keep things short, do you guys think we should bring back some kind of event team? I'd picture it as having a roster of people willing to volunteer for most of the events coming up. This would actually help stretch the variety of events that would be carried out, i.e: I can have the same recurring factions / characters make several appearances in a series of events as opposed to simply having a 1 off IC event.

IMO this would help progress both the lore and character development substantially. It'd also help bring a variety into RP once again.

Thoughts?

Edit: added a poll so see numbers.

Edit: Added a second poll to see how many people would volunteer for an event team.

Share this post


Link to post

Just finished helping run an Events Team over in another Community, which I won't link here for obvious reasons, but if you wanted to chat and get a few ideas I'm always free to talk!

I've also got a document somewhere which outlines how I ran my team and the basis of Events; how they would run and the different types of events that could be run, if you want me to throw that your way let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Queerios said:

Just finished helping run an Events Team over in another Community, which I won't link here for obvious reasons, but if you wanted to chat and get a few ideas I'm always free to talk!

I've also got a document somewhere which outlines how I ran my team and the basis of Events; how they would run and the different types of events that could be run, if you want me to throw that your way let me know.

I may do in future, however for now I just want to know the community's opinion on me potentially reviving an event team. Want to know A) if it's a good idea, B) if i'd get a list of volunteers willing to take part in a lot of events.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I like it.

It does come to mind, though, that perhaps focusing an ongoing event around specific groups could be a good way to go about it. For example, with the current power house of Socialists and Anarchists, you could have small events that revolve around the people's struggles against their domination. I do think it would be hard to do properly, though, as long as we don't have mod powers in game, but I'm sure you'd know the exact limitations a lot better than I do.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dakotaen said:

Yes, I like it.

It does come to mind, though, that perhaps focusing an ongoing event around specific groups could be a good way to go about it. For example, with the current power house of Socialists and Anarchists, you could have small events that revolve around the people's struggles against their domination. I do think it would be hard to do properly, though, as long as we don't have mod powers in game, but I'm sure you'd know the exact limitations a lot better than I do.

Being a GM, I'd have access to RCON messages which does help somewhat. it means i can broadcast gamewide messages if an event happens that people would / should know about. I still would need approval to do so, but that is usually simple enough to get. It'd be tough to do, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Para said:

I may do in future, however for now I just want to know the community's opinion on me potentially reviving an event team. Want to know A) if it's a good idea, B) if i'd get a list of volunteers willing to take part in a lot of events.

I'd be happy to volunteer in that case. Asking whether its a good idea is a very broad question, you need to outline how the team will be run in order to give people an chance to evaluate it and then determine whether they think its a good idea or not. If the team is just going to be a list of volunteers to help out in Events that will be run in the future, I think there's nothing wrong with that. However, if you were to say that this list of volunteers would be able to create alt accounts, gear up, and then start random events throughout the map, whereas I think thats a good idea, some people might take issue.

Edited by Queerios

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Queerios said:

I'd be happy to volunteer in that case. Asking whether its a good idea is a very broad question, you need to outline how the team will be run in order to give people an chance to evaluate it and then determine whether or not they think its a good idea or not. If the team is just going to be a list of volunteers to help out in Events that will be run in the future, I think there's nothing wrong with that. However, if you were to say that this list of volunteers would be able to create alt accounts, gear up, and then start random events throughout the map, whereas I think thats a good idea, some people might take issue.

Nobody on the event team will be able to make alternate accounts, however there will be certain events that only people on the event team will know is going to happen. Quite a few of these events will appear to be 'spur of the moment' to the public. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Para said:

Being a GM, I'd have access to RCON messages which does help somewhat. it means i can broadcast gamewide messages if an event happens that people would / should know about. I still would need approval to do so, but that is usually simple enough to get. It'd be tough to do, yes. 

Messages can do a whole lot, I think, as long as players (all players) on the server understand the rules regarding the event, and perhaps agree that it is in the interest of furthering the RP of the server to not get involved. Say for example that one group is ferrying weapons to another on the down low with the help of Russian gun runners or whatever, or that outside forces are hired to do false flag operations, the main targets may want to simply "not see" the global messages, if they agree that it furthers the storyline that is both their own and everyone else's.

As for the helping out, I would sign up, but I can already guarantee I don't have the time for it. I'm in a very rare week off right now, so I'm drugging myself up on RP before I return to the outside world again.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Para said:

-Snip-

Would there be any requirements to be an event character?

(RP experience, ability to do accents, and so on and so forth.) 

Also I think doing more events revolved around current groups and current situation is a really good idea, as it gives everyone an IC chance to develop their characters. Aswell as, community-wide events would be spectacular for everyone.

Edited by Brodie

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dakotaen said:

Messages can do a whole lot, I think, as long as players (all players) on the server understand the rules regarding the event, and perhaps agree that it is in the interest of furthering the RP of the server to not get involved. Say for example that one group is ferrying weapons to another on the down low with the help of Russian gun runners or whatever, or that outside forces are hired to do false flag operations, the main targets may want to simply "not see" the global messages, if they agree that it furthers the storyline that is both their own and everyone else's.

As for the helping out, I would sign up, but I can already guarantee I don't have the time for it. I'm in a very rare week off right now, so I'm drugging myself up on RP before I return to the outside world again.

You're right on that. There will be a variety of events, some large ones will have threads dedicated to them i.e there will be special rules in place to ensure they go more or less as planned, however these 'random' IC events will still likely take place under general rules.

And that's all good dude, just wanted to know people's opinions primarily. But even then, some events might need extra volunteers so who knows if you'll get a day free to take part :D

Just now, Brodie said:

Would there be any requirements to be an event character?

(RP experience, ability to do accents, and so on and so forth.)

That would very much depend on the specific event. Some might have a russian band of gun runners for example (using Dakota's example) which would require an accent. Generally, to be on the team i'd say you just need to be able to cooperate and contribute ideas. Not a fan of having 'you must be this good at RP' to pass as a requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Para said:

Nobody on the event team will be able to make alternate accounts, however there will be certain events that only people on the event team will know is going to happen. Quite a few of these events will appear to be 'spur of the moment' to the public. 

Mhm, "On the Fly" Events so to speak, which is a fantastic avenue to go down. By alternate accounts, I meant characters, my apologies. That being said, I don't think anyone will have a problem with this as it adds an interesting dynamic to the ongoing story on the server. You just have to ensure that the team includes volunteers across the spectrum of timezones, which I'm sure you're already aware of. 

Sounds good to me so far Para, very similar to what I'm already used to!

Share this post


Link to post

The event team had potential, but nothing came of it, I applied and it took about a month to get a response, when I was accepted it felt like all I achieved was being added to a dead slack group and that was it.

Bring it back and give it the support it needs this time.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll definitely keep the need for extras in mind. Best of luck with this, Para, I'll be looking forward to (hopefully) seeing more of this.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Para said:

-Snip-

Ah, sounds good then. Tbh for an event team you need a good group of people to put forth ideas, but I haven't been around for a while so I don't know who's still about.

Actually to add on to that, I'd suggest creating an event idea thread where people can just post ideas for the 'potential' event team to review? I know there is already an event thread thingy, where people post events they'd like to have and whatnot, but an event idea thread to give people that option? Maybe? Idk.

Edited by Brodie

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Harvey said:

The event team had potential, but nothing came of it, I applied and it took about a month to get a response, when I was accepted it felt like all I achieved was being added to a dead slack group and that was it.

Bring it back and give it the support it needs this time.

If this goes beyond this thread, I fully intend for this to be a team that lasts for a while and actually brings meaningful changes. Not just a dead slack group.

Just now, Brodie said:

Ah, sounds good then. Tbh for an event team you need a good group of people to put forth ideas, but I haven't been around for a while so I don't know who's still about.

I mean, I'm not just going to take anybody and everybody onto it if i run this. I'd take people in who i think actually can provide good RP and actually care about the quality of the events. But yea, generally very little requirement as @Queerios said, a wide spectrum is needed. 

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds interesting. If this becomes a thing count me in!

Share this post


Link to post

I think @Major has or had a small list of people who would help him with lore events. You should slide into his DMs. Events are great, lore events are even better. Work closely with the LM team and the event team might actually work this time. 

Share this post


Link to post

I def. think that a event team should be a thing again! I know we lock a lot of modding options, but with the right team I believe they can work to overcome these obstacles and bring some creativity to the table! 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay so as an update to this thread, myself, @Brayces and @Harvey are going to be having a meeting tomorrow in TS to discuss plans for upcoming events. For the first hour or so this will be open to the public for people to express their ideas, any concerns on ideas and what you guys want in general.

Please note, this is not a meeting to discuss any rule changes to the event rules or a dislike for a general event team. This is purely for discussing future ideas.

The meeting will be taking place around 7pm server time.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2018 at 10:24 AM, Harvey said:

The event team had potential, but nothing came of it, I applied and it took about a month to get a response, when I was accepted it felt like all I achieved was being added to a dead slack group and that was it.

Bring it back and give it the support it needs this time.

What support does it need?

Can you make events? The advertisement is there for every event as well. It doesn't need any support from the staff team, it needs people who will actually do stuff in there.

Share this post


Link to post

@Para I might be interested in this, but only over the summer. This seems very time-consuming and knowing myself, I'd dedicate too much time and fail the semester lmaooooo

Share this post


Link to post

I'm happy to see this good shit @Para

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, LouieRP said:

I'm happy to see this good shit @Para

same. its really nice to see somebody actually trying to impact the lore via official events. will be nice to see that timeline get some updates

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Whitename said:

same. its really nice to see somebody actually trying to impact the lore via official events. will be nice to see that timeline get some updates

well to be fair though @Major has some shit in the works so its all gucci

Edited by LouieRP

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...