Server time (UTC): 2020-10-27, 14:17
Sign in to follow this  
Exio

Ever wonder what the weather in Chernarus is like?

I, too, wondered, so like any responsible adult, I did about 5 minutes of research and GoogleEarthing to find the answer.

As we all know, Chernarus borders the Black Sea and is a fictional landmass that juts off of the edge of the Krasnodar Krai "federal subject" of Russia (whatever that means).

So, one could reasonably assume that the weather of this area is likely similar to the weather of Krasnodar. And lo and behold, South Zagoria borders this area, so we needn't look any further than a city very close to this location:

This is the average annual temperatures of a city on the southeastern end of Krasnodar (and sitting close to the Black Sea)...

5abb159cc1fa8_GelendzhikAnnualTemps.JPG.e5c3250fde5682ce1c245e24ebbefd24.JPG

... making Chernarus likely relatively comfortable country to live in (weather-wise, at least), even in summertime. Never too cold, never really too hot.

Hopefully someone else out there was curious about this, or will be in the future, and can come look at my glorious 5 minutes of research, saving them 4 minutes and 30 seconds of their life!

Edited by Exio

This isnt accurate, imho, specifically because this is Average temperature for the month. That doesn't mean you won't have an entire week of cold and rain in March. It just means that it averages to 51°f. Could be the following:

March 1st and 2nd: 20 

M3-10: 35

M11 to 18: 45

M17 to 28 (current) 55.

That would average to 43°f. 

Even though the first two days are below freezing, the rest of the month is on steady incline into spring and the last 11 days are "warm". Average tells me nothing about what the weather is really like.

That being said, i will call out someone who is running around in a t-shirt in March. 43°f is cold. Even 50°f is cold without any form of sun. 

Yeah, that's fair enough. But someone said something IG once about "it getting hotter now" (because it's March-April) which made me curious.

If I could find the range of temperatures I would (and the data's probably out there but I'm just tired now), but it's at least a good starting area to use the mean temps

8 minutes ago, Taryn said:

That being said, i will call out someone who is running around in a t-shirt in March.

but im canadian

7 minutes ago, Whitename said:

but im canadian

Tell me so IC. :P

Great anyhow, @Exio. Definitely helps to understand what summers are like too. 

Pretty mild summer.. but that's still pretty cold as piss.

Gunna be wearing hoodies and jackets year round. June/July may be okay, but it would still be a decent day- but if it's breezy then naw.. year round jacket season. Shit reminds me of the American mid-west.

Cold, windy and pretty much Russia but no winter..

The weather Chernarus to be about as nice as a soggy biscuit draped with crusty cheese.  FAR to cold for me most of the year.  I do not like it when almost everyday of the year is about as cold as a well diggers ass in January.