Server time (UTC): 2020-01-21, 04:03 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Quick website suggestions

This might just be me as I have a small bit of red/green colour blindness but I have a hard time reading the thread titles in red (on the grey backround)

Even the red "click to choose files" is tough for me down below.

Like I said maybe it's just me, but maybe there are others out there with the same issue?  And usually I can decipher it if I change the lighting a bit.  

I don't expect the whole web page to change on my account but maybe there is a way to include a colourblind theme option that I could choose? Maybe thats a big ol' pot of wishful thinking.

Screenshot_20190422_224441.thumb.jpg.1f0277d1b186fe27e9d49d74c0ea9bea.jpg

Red above blends in a lot for me, even if it were a lighter grey closer to the other text? 

add a Proficiencies & Skills tab into character pages, so we can mark off what our characters are good at.

Piano, drums, Hunting, fishing, farming, killing, .etc 

Edited by Ender

As we now have a minecraft server can we change the forum background to this.

image.png.f4ad119d792d699b5026f44ff49e7490.png

If it's not too much of a problem i'd love to see all community interviews in a separate section on the forum instead of being in community discussion. This would make it easier to find older interviews for people who weren't around at the time (like me) and would like to know more about the people in the community that have been interviewed. 

@Roland

The Profile quotes if it easy enough can we have it so we change the colour for it and maybe the font? 

@Roland @JimRP

If streamers are streaming the server could there be a way they can advertise on the front page if they pay 5 euro for a week and it goes up if they're on? or any other idea?

21 minutes ago, Falk said:

@Roland @JimRP

If streamers are streaming the server could there be a way they can advertise on the front page if they pay 5 euro for a week and it goes up if they're on? or any other idea?

Meh, maybe pay to be higher in the featured streamers list, but I think it would be good to support the community by just listing them on the front page for free.

(I'm not a streamer btw)

Would be nice to have a function to search characters on the characters page, instead of having to search all of the forums for a specific name.

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

Would be nice to have a function to search characters on the characters page, instead of having to search all of the forums for a specific name.

There is a section already by expanding the +more options and selecting characters to search specifically under Content Type and choosing Characters.

Spoiler

f7378fde40.png

Edited by yuthee

Just now, yuthee said:

There is a section already by expanding the +more options and selecting characters to search specifically on character pages.

Hide contents

f7378fde40.png

LIFEHAX, thanks alot.

More background options for Bronze+

I feel like the background with the helicopter is getting boring, so why not add some chooseable backgrounds which players can pick for the forums, these backgrounds could be competition winners or a selection of winners from screenshot of the month (If that's still a thing) or / and adding a few default ones which could be permanent. 🙂

Me being a fresh faced bun to the community i noticed a very long delay in the time it took for me to get the white list accepted. upon bringing up the issue it was said that people had to previously wait literal WEEKS until they were accepted. 

I come from the community Hyuns Dojo, it's a tightly knit community of artists and animators. and some of the moderators are so dedicated it's not even funny. because of them i hold moderators of any kind, or staff of the server, to a high standard. so, i hope you can understand my frustration when i see 7 of them online in discord, two of which are playing games. and there are (at the time) 7 people waiting in line to get accepted. 

Now i understand that the mods aren't getting paid and this isn't their life or anything, however as a mod they have chosen to take on responsibility of being a mod.

allow me to isolate the issue: inefficiency. i woke this morning to find my submission rejected, so i made the changes. it then took 8 hours before the post was reviewed again. and then it was rejected for minor things the GM even said was nitpicking. Things like if they lived in chernarus, and their last name. 

that is unacceptable. to wait that length of time to be denied for minor reasons is absurd. 

so in order to midiagte this here's what i suggest:
i saw there were 7gms on discord. first suggestion is to have one of them responsible for Applications for a given day of the week, that way every day someone is paying attention to them one way or the other, 

the other thing is to have a regularly scheduled check, maybe every 30 minutes or every hour have someone check the applications. or some sort of scheduling system put in place to make regular checks. 

24 minutes ago, Cirtex said:

Me being a fresh faced bun to the community i noticed a very long delay in the time it took for me to get the white list accepted. upon bringing up the issue it was said that people had to previously wait literal WEEKS until they were accepted. 

I come from the community Hyuns Dojo, it's a tightly knit community of artists and animators. and some of the moderators are so dedicated it's not even funny. because of them i hold moderators of any kind, or staff of the server, to a high standard. so, i hope you can understand my frustration when i see 7 of them online in discord, two of which are playing games. and there are (at the time) 7 people waiting in line to get accepted. 

Now i understand that the mods aren't getting paid and this isn't their life or anything, however as a mod they have chosen to take on responsibility of being a mod.

allow me to isolate the issue: inefficiency. i woke this morning to find my submission rejected, so i made the changes. it then took 8 hours before the post was reviewed again. and then it was rejected for minor things the GM even said was nitpicking. Things like if they lived in chernarus, and their last name. 

that is unacceptable. to wait that length of time to be denied for minor reasons is absurd. 

so in order to midiagte this here's what i suggest:
i saw there were 7gms on discord. first suggestion is to have one of them responsible for Applications for a given day of the week, that way every day someone is paying attention to them one way or the other, 

the other thing is to have a regularly scheduled check, maybe every 30 minutes or every hour have someone check the applications. or some sort of scheduling system put in place to make regular checks. 

Make an application, follow the points, you get accepted within 4 hours lol. Most commumities will accept you when they feel like it or when their deadline is due, you should be lucky that you even get in.

1 hour ago, Cirtex said:

-snip-

There are a fair few applications as of late, and the GM team have their own things to take care of, they have many responsibilities other than reviewing applications, and ontop of that as you stated already, they have lives and things they want to do as well.

I guarantee you that when they are able to pitch in and do some staff work they tend to do that, but reading through applications thoroughly and rejecting/accepting them takes time for them that they could otherwise spend discussing, writing and handling reports.

I understand you hold the staff team to a high standard, but basing that standard on a community where you stated, and I quote: 

1 hour ago, Cirtex said:

Some of the moderators are so dedicated it's not even funny.

Is a bad way to start already, dedicating an unhealthy amount of time to all the things staff do can be stressful, and from the sounds of it, that community you are referencing seem like they need to shift it down a gear and take things a little slower so they don't overwork themselves.

It is voluntary work, the work gets done but it gets done as it suits the time of the team, those who are slacking behind in the staff are reminded of such, I've seen it myself.

Adding onto something else, are you genuinely whining about having to wait 8 hours to have your application reviewed? The staff are not sitting there patiently waiting for you to jump up and fix the mistakes you made so they can immediately take a look at it, it is likely the staff member rejected your app, gave you the feedback you needed and then moved onto other important business.

Since the broadcasts have a post history, I am assuming we can take that info ICly even if we weren't IG at the time of the broadcast. My suggestion;

Be able to sort Previous Broadcast posts by Server since one is Chernarus and one is Livonia now.

This place;

https://www.dayzrp.com/radio/

Reason: So people can tell where a broadcast came from if they're offline and in that country. 

Question though; if you're based in Livonia should you not be able to see broadcasts from Chernarus? To expand on this; add a "Current Country" drop down menu to CPs to display which Country the Character is currently actively in. This way you can filter content based on location such as Radio Broadcasts, etc.

As there is a most time played area for characters i think it would be a good functionality to have a slot for PK’s as well sort of like a Most time played and their character alongside it with how much time they played and perhaps also a “Legends” category where it would have that character showcased and their influence on the wasteland whether it be good or bad and the most notable ones could be on said list with their time played as well allowing for more purpose in people doing things and them having a sense of gratification that their character did -blank- and is showcased (rough draft but hopefully you get the idea)