Server time (UTC): 2020-11-01, 01:17 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Quick website suggestions

I'm the only one responsible for the website. I'm aware that there is much area for improvement, both in design (I'm a programmer, not a designer) and functionality.

This thread is for suggesting small tweaks, ideas or improvements for our website that perhaps are not significant enough to justify creating a whole new thread. I really do appreciate all ideas and reminder to fix small issues here and there that I perhaps normally don't notice on daily basis.

Attach a screenshot of the problem or concept of the idea if possible!

Thanks!

When going to page 2 of character page comments I can’t pause the music and it boosts itself louder by at least 75% more. That’d be a nice small fix. 

Edited by Mademoiselle

Just now, Mademoiselle said:

When going to page 2 of character page comments I can’t pause the video and it boosts itself louder by at least 75% more. That’d be a nice small fix. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Told Rolle this 4 times now :(

Also, getting a notification when someone comments on your character page would be great

I do find things a little cramped when it comes to mobile optimisation I’m not sure if this is something you’ve worked on :) 

also when it comes to the website and this is just my personal preference it would be nice to see the recent activity within the forums on the homepage :)

other than that design and functionality are great :)

A8907455-4DFF-4DF3-907E-F1AC2DE47A05.png

2CE7CABF-867F-49CC-9A11-B29E32314852.png

The above pictures are me scrolling out as you can see it is a bit cramped I believe there is some sort of scaling option for mobiles but I’m far from a programmer lel 

Edited by Sparky

I don’t know if it’s just me, but whenever I try to post a picture by a URL it doesn’t work. I have to save the picture and upload it that way.

Why was my suggestion deleted? 

I think adding the ability to click on character pictures in the character list for mobile too. 

Right now you have to look at the list, then use the search funtion to find them and view their cp. 

Guest Beni

> Gif backgrounds for profiles (Change Rule)
> More advice for new comers using profile music (perhaps a website above the profile music section of edit profile)
> An option to remove the " Hall Of Famer " on your profile so that profiles don't have a tiny bit of blue on them.
> Goals section on character pages.
> Community circles. Bring them back.
> For MENTORS: An option to change the colour of the mentor tag... OCD intensifies for the mentors I know.

Edited by Beni

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

Why was my suggestion deleted? 

Prank? Or did you actually have a suggestion?

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Prank? Or did you actually have a suggestion?

No, I was asking to re add the view new post button 

Edited by Prince

1 minute ago, Prince said:

No, I was asking to re add the view new post button 

There is a view new reply feature already on the forums, I used it a few minutes ago actually. 

9 minutes ago, Elmo said:

There is a view new reply feature already on the forums, I used it a few minutes ago actually. 

Its not the same 

qD6o8oQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

-snip-

Community tab -> My Activity Streams -> Unread Content -> Content Types set to Topics.

It'll show you all posts on the forums, minus the aids of status updates, bean adding, character pages etc. Think that might be what you're looking for :) 

22 minutes ago, Beni said:

> Goals section on character pages.

Quite like this idea tbh

@Prince

5abacd70f3e14_Capture_2018-03-27-19-01-47.thumb.png.fa939a4e843b88aa845ebcee3a088b9b.png

Pretty much looks the same on desktop

5 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Community tab -> My Activity Streams -> Unread Content -> Content Types set to Topics.

It'll show you all posts on the forums, minus the aids of status updates, bean adding, character pages etc. Think that might be what you're looking for :) 

Its the format that I want changed, back to the old one. 

The things mentioned in this question thread (one already mentioned by Spartan here) 

TLDR;
-  Notification when someone comments on your character pages.
- Full editors for the 'features' and 'equipment' tabs on character pages.

+ another thing that came to my mind: Like with profile song on forum pages, be able to stop the auto-play on character pages.

It would be nice to have the recently browsing thing at the bottom of the page show the tycoon color animation. But that's just me. 

Add a simple dead or Alive option for characters. 

Making thread sizes the same for when you create one in the editor and the actual post. The SSZAF group thread use to have our roster characters on both sides of the post but I had to change it because what I saw in the editor wasn't the same on the actual post. 

Example:

This is what I see in the editor

a309e68209dff3826fa16ec602c72131.png

And this is what happens in the post.

Plank filler-                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Plank filler

1 minute ago, Saints said:

Add a simple dead or Alive option for characters. 

^This as well. Quite liked it on the old character pages.

Edited by Centurion

I do not think anyone has recommended it yet but, I feel like a Direct link to the world lore on the main page would be a pretty good thing to have.  I have missed out on a lot of things that have happened lore wise outside of South Zagoria because that thread is a bit buried.

@Rolle - I get death by OCD every time I write up an epic wall of text and I can't flippin JUSTIFY the text to BOTH sides. Can you please put that lovely little feature back?

justify.PNG.aa571c6c3f2fe61c1d8b51b803a5c6d6.PNG

I made this meme for you just now because fixing that would mean so much to me you have no idea!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Beni said:

> For MENTORS: An option to change the colour of the mentor tag... OCD intensifies for the mentors I know.

But Benjam Beni.. blue is my favorite color!!! Although admittedly I'd have picked a different shade of it if i had the choice.. urite :D This is the color we were given; aside from someone previously wanting to change it to white, I really haven't made a fuss over it. I'm totally open to a new shade though!

100% agree with being able to set characters as Alive/missing/dead again pls bring that back, but also maybe give us a way to filter what shows up in all activity, so for example give us a way to have offtopic and forum games not show up. 

Would be neat to not have emoticons auto-correct to actual emoticons. i found a workaround for it but i wanna post :) not :) 

4 hours ago, Rolle said:

I'm aware that there is much area for improvement, both in design (I'm a programmer, not a designer) and functionality.

bro go learn html. even a static webpage could look really nice if you use the right colours insert shameless plug

would also like to see posts in forum games not show up on my profile feed