Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 21:11
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

Minecraft RP

Share your thoughts about roleplaying on minecraft. I personally think it would be great given the right circumstances

I'm in. Nothing more to add.

Every time ive joined the server....I spend all my time being the main builder and never get thanked for it...

If you get a good setting (*Cough* Game of thrones *Cough*) sure I'd give it a go.

But for real if were doing side project lets do Arma 3

Guest Beni
56 minutes ago, Henning said:

But for real if were doing side project lets do Arma 3

I swear I'm starting to believe that you have that on a bind. 

With that being said... Minecraft RP? Yeah... No. 

12 minutes ago, Beni said:

I swear I'm starting to believe that you have that on a bind. 

With that being said... Minecraft RP? Yeah... No. 

Auto generated script.

Pretty sure we have tried this, not sure if it was for RP or if it was just for leisure but I remember it wasn't up for long.

Something that'll last for about a week and die...meh We've tried it before and it failed... so idk about that lmfao 

Lore with magic and multiple races can make it work. I myself think that people that are RPing on here could easily RP on MC as well.

Just needs a lot of coding work and rules.

Setting it up similarly to an MMORPG with strong RP features would greatly interest me and might make me install the game.

Used to play in a Minecraft RP community a few years back. Pretty fun.

If it were to be a high-fantasy D&D-style world, with big cool structures and stuff, I'd be down for hopping on for a bit.

Oh no... @Spanners

How could you take RP in MC seriously? I honestly wouldn't be able to.

You look into the eyes of your friend like:

*He looked deep into the eyes of his friend with concern as he placed both of his hands softly on his cheeks* 

minecraft-2.jpg.255668d62469fa500de43e2b5340ff32.jpg

Or you are being tortured by this guy like:

*Stabs you in the chest* //Does it work?

screen_shot_2018-01-31_at_10_42_18.png.6483cdb5b90319935de5f67946f264d6.png

Honestly, in my opinion, I couldn't see this workout, sounds like a meme.

Edited by Lady In Blue

7 minutes ago, Lady In Blue said:

Oh no... @Spanners

You look into the eyes of your friend like:

*He looked deep into the eyes of his friend with concern as he placed both of his hands softly on his cheeks* 

minecraft-2.jpg.255668d62469fa500de43e2b5340ff32.jpg

Or you are being tortured by this guy like:

*Stabs you in the chest* //Does it work?

screen_shot_2018-01-31_at_10_42_18.png.6483cdb5b90319935de5f67946f264d6.png

Honestly, in my opinion, I couldn't see this workout, sounds like a meme.

Roleplay has always been about being immersed and being able to imagine the environment around you (to a certain extent, obviously the models help :v), like you do in DayZ. It's not about the game, if it was about the game then DayZ definitely isn't a game to roleplay in, but rather an open-world survival game until people put their time, imagination and effort into making it a game and environment that people can roleplay in.

tenor.gif.f8fc08fc9de034123d1c16b60b3e7049.gif

Probably wont be as serious but sounds like a funny idea, but didnt we already try it?

Only one way to find out if it works or not ;)

Already found my skin

waluigi_minecraft_skin-2833768.jpg.191945192c52f97b2612baa25b653b58.jpg

Edited by dimitri

I just couldn't.

DayZ is a lot more different than MC, surroundings and what you experience in game has an effect on RP. I think in my honest opinion a majority of people in this community wouldn't be able to take RP in MC seriously, going from DayZ to MC... Top memes in my opinion! With that being said something was already up even if it wasn't for long as @Brady mentioned, not being sure if it was for RP or not but what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just think it would be memes.

Like Jim said,

It is something you can RP in, you just have to use your imagination a bit. There are many RP servers for MC out there, and very successful as well. With the right mods, it could be possible. As they have introduced some that let you use voice chat. You have to, of course, have certain rules, and so on but that is with any game. But for us, I don't think it would go well, with side projects they usually turn into a flop sadly. I do enjoy MC just playing and building, as I have run a few serves for some of the community to play on. @JoffreyRP is the KING of MC though.

32 minutes ago, Lady In Blue said:

just gonna drop this ladies channel here, I respect this woman's dedication to this

14 minutes ago, N-Tox said:

-snip-

Edited by Lady In Blue

13 minutes ago, N-Tox said:

just gonna drop this ladies channel here, I respect this woman's dedication to this

That is not the kind of RP I would want if we set this up as a server.

Edited by Jman14102

Just now, Jman14102 said:

That is not the kind of RP I would wat if we set this up as a server.

This man is wise. ^

i ran a minecraft server when i was like 13. got pretty popular and then got hacked. probably shouldnt have the password be the name of the server. anyways

i play minecraft to just relax and talk about life n shit. would be cool to have a non-ic minecraft server where we could just dick around n do shit. mc servers are cheap but its a lot to handle if you already run a dayzrp server. this all being said , rolle has said before youre free to advertise minecraft servers provided they arent "communities" like DOJRP other RP game servers etc. 

i am at a point where i can healthily afford a sizable mc server if a lot of people are interested. i probably wouldnt make rp a requirement though... it would be just to dick round

Edited by Whitename

15 minutes ago, Whitename said:

i ran a minecraft server when i was like 13. got pretty popular and then got hacked.

I cry every time

Personally I would rather not text RP, others who do it more power to them but I personally hate doing it. Would prefer the casual approach, memeing around with friends in TS. RP if you want, just don't make it mandatory :D 

well maybe ill set one up. gotta have more support and ppl that wanna do it though, lol

WoWRP? xD

Club Penguin RP?