Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 00:09
Sign in to follow this  
Donny

New whitelist

I havent played since the last wipe/lore change on the server, and i wanna get back in. I've noticed that the character i made before the lore change is still accepted but i cant play on the server cause the character background story is outdated. How do i change it?Dayzrp.thumb.png.5a61c3cb98a9abf55043bee5001f8af4.png

Hey dude, I think you actually have to change the background on your character page, not the one that's on your whitelist. 

Click on the DayZ Tab > Characters > Manage your characters > Edit. 

Hope that works, I could be wrong tho so wait till for a Staff answer maybe. 

Edited by Whiskey

You're welcome to use your whitelist background for your character, but it's not mandatory to play that character. Otherwise, we'd only have one character at our disposal.

What IS mandatory, however, is what Whiskey mentioned above; a character page. Follow their steps and be sure your character background is over 500 characters long. Once you complete the steps they laid out in the post above me, you'll be on your way to playing. 

Once you've created your character, you can join the game as long as your IG name (the one on the DayZ menu screen) matches the name of the character you created. The forum name and the in game name MUST match or else it will kick you out of the game.

Hopefully this stuff helps? If they don't, and it's another issue, a staff member maaay have to wave a magic wand.

Edited by Pussy

You need to create a character page and then set it as your default. Read this guide:

You can still play, my dude! You are whitelisted!

Just like Pussy said, you don't have to play the same char. you whitelisted with. That would be crazy and drive many people to insanity. Feel free to make a new char, and set your active Character Page to them and change your name in the DayZ Launcher and get to RP'ing.

Swap up from time to time, and switch to Alts. Just remember there is a cool down timer for switching to new chars. (to prevent Alt Swap abuse).

Also, you can edit your current Character Page to update their Lore!

Click on DayZ tab, then Characters then EDIT. From there select the Character you'd like to work with and edit any or all details as desired. Things like First and Last name CANNOT be edited though.

Thank you all. All i really wanted to know was how to change the background story/be able to play with a new character... :P
But thanks again :)

Edited by Donny