Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 02:11
Sign in to follow this  
Shazzzam

Group goal.

Question for admins/loremasters.

I've seen some groups using goals which are not physically role-played. It's something that does not exist in the game, such as role playing that you put up electricity or something like that etc. So I will soon make a group and I'm asking if the following goal is valid:

- Start work on a light, ballistic missile with guidance system and use the Tisy Radio Tower to guide it on a ground target outside of SZ.

Later when this goal is completed (about 30 days after most of the other goals have been achieved I will announce that the missile is ready and can be fired, roughly 400 days in total) I want to make an event of a ballistic missile being fired at a big horde of undead which we have spotted near SZ. It will be role played on the Radio as well like an announcement. I think it should be good if the Lore included something on the lines of "this group managed to build a single missile and launch it into a huge horde of undead" since a big-ass horde of undead would be a much bigger threat than just a few wandering here and there, am I right?

So is this goal too absurd or could it be role played as I wish? I'm just bringing up original unique ideas but I don't want to go overboard and post crap.

We have roleplayed Out fixing powerlines it doesn’t have to exist but it will be best if you had it in the text logs just as proof that you want to reach a goal

if you to say that you’ve done the goal but haven’t really role-played that out then it’s kind of a useless goal filling up a slot

So long as you have role-played it out I’m sure there’s no problem with it you just need to think outside of the box so achieve the goal such as using emotes

If you’re wanting to achieve something such as gaining back electricity are shooting off a missile it will be advised to go and ask loremaster because it could make the lore change even if it does it seem like it’s such a big thing

Edited by Mademoiselle

I can see this work and if it is rped out it could bring some pretty good RP.

Best talk to the Loremaster(s?) about it, they can help with global events and so on.

The truth is, this goal will be the pillars for an event I want to make. The event would be a PvP event where my group will defend the Radio Station until the missile launches (20 min), any group that opposes this can participate (only official groups though) to stop the launch and attack the outpost we will make. But I'm just asking if such a goal could be allowed so I directed this question to admins/loremasters since it would affect the Lore as well.

Technically, as long as it is in the realm of reality, you can have goals that cannot be achieved via in game mechanics. Such as setting up long distant radio calls back home via radio tower repair. Creating "clubs" or "diners". Or even things as simple as setting up electricity for a home or town. Things like these, as long as they are actively RP'd out while IG, can be set as goals. We don't have much to work with in the current state of the game, so a lot of what is done in game is basically all imaginary. But, I think we're solid Rpers can we can manage something like that. Just make sure you're doing small steps.

Let's say you get approved to make a missile guided system from a Tisy Radio Tower(which is something the LMs will have to decide on), you will want to do all the small steps first and RP that out in game. I wouldn't suggest just saying "WELP WE HAVE ALL WE NEED, GOING TO TISY NOW." Like, RP out looking for parts to build with, or someone who knows how to code the system, etc. This will make your group goals feel more real and also involve others if you'd like.

There are no missile silos at Tisy so I'm not to sure if you plan on launching them from Tisy or if you're just using the equipment there to guide them and you're actually launching them from off site, you might want to consider that instead.

3 minutes ago, Mike-Styles said:

There are no missile silos at Tisy so I'm not to sure if you plan on launching them from Tisy or if you're just using the equipment there to guide them and you're actually launching them from off site, you might want to consider that instead.

That's why you emote it or the admins do it in the global chat there are no jets or heli choppers but the way around that is the global chat the admins use. 

That's easy, we can RP that we put a missile silo somewhere off-map build the missile and then I will attempt the event of a sort of attack-defend thing while we protect the radio tower at Tisy from enemies. It's a good RP + Event thing. Thing is though before I post my group thingy in the groups thread and wait or approval, I want to put as one of the goals would be research a small ballistic missile, gather parts for it and eventually build it and launch it. And I want to know if such a goal is valid or not. Thanks for all the answers though! I will be sure to talk with the loremasters if none reply here.

Good luck roleplaying building a missle without the government putting you on some kinda of watch list!

Kidding, ofcourse, though I would like to say this; who are you going to get to play the "Attackers" in this situation? If the missile is going to be used to attack a "horde of undead" then I can't imagine anyone would be opposed to it being used in such as fashion, though I can think of reasons why some would oppose it, also I don't think anyone would plan on stealing it because what else are they going to use it for? I doubt the Staff Team will allow a group to steal a ballistic missile if they had the intention of using it within the South Zagoria region.