Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 05:36
Sign in to follow this  
Nonnster

Activating Characters

The problem: I have finally made my character and from my perspective he is active, yet I get kicked for not having an active character or something like such.

Question: Is there something I am supposed to do more or is there something else off?

Go to 'manage your characters' here and make sure the flag is ticked next to your desired character to ensure it is active, when you are logging in to the server you need to make sure that your in game name is identical to that of your character.

Thanks for the fast response.

So it was my fault for leaving my name to Nonnster

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

Go to 'manage your characters' here and make sure the flag is ticked next to your desired character to ensure it is active, when you are logging in to the server you need to make sure that your in game name is identical to that of your character.

So I still have a problem after changing my dayz name to "Fenrir" am I missing something?

cha manage.png

Edited by Nonnster

Hey,

You have to have the full character name as your dayz name. First and Last name. 

Just like Lyca, (Best former admin) said. You have to set your In Game Launcher name to the EXACT Same name as your Character Page before you attempt to connect to the server.

Your name may be a tad too long for the In Game Text Field, review this Guide to help you to get it to fit!

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/85565-how-to-make-your-long-name-fit-in-62/

Hello,

If I could suggest something, this post here might help you get that long name added to your DayZ character.

Ooh ooh, teacher pick me!!

The problem with having a name like Fenrir Hallidórsson is that the ó is something DayZ doesn't understand. Try changing your character's name to Fenrir Hallidorsson. When DayZ is processing your name, it hits the ó and doesn't understand, so your IGN is set to Fenrir Hallid, like you saw when you launched the game at 01:25 in the video.

Hope this helps!

PS. I believe you'll need to as an administrator to change your character's name, I'm not sure.

@Nonnsteris everything resolved?

Sorry for a late reply but yes I had some help by the admins thanks to @Brayces

The problem was exactly what you suspected @Whitename. I just made a copy of the character changing the ó to an o and my 48 hour waiting time reset to 0

And thanks a again

Best regards: Nonnster

Edited by Nonnster