Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 14:38
Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

Change how flaming points are dealt with?

Change how flaming points are dealt with?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Simple suggestion really..

Change the way Flaming reports work.
If the person who is supposedly being flamed reports it, take it from there.

But, if someone else takes it upon themselves to be offended for another person and reports it, mark it. 

At the end of the day, if the person who's had the comment posted to them doesn't give a shit, why should you? Fixes the whole issue we have currently with not being able to have a laugh with friends.

Poll is attached.

Those who vote for either, please leave a comment to explain as to why you'd like it remove or kept.

Edited by Mexi

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like a good idea, will definitely stop the amount of appeals going up saying "Oh but were friends, I was just memeing" which gives admins less to do I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Beni

Being offended for someone is idiotic... So is being offended because someone on an online gaming community called you a *censored*. Unfortunately, some people don't think like that. I'm behind this 100%. 

Edited by Beni

Share this post


Link to post

Tbh right lad. As much as peeps wanna make this a SFW commuinity website thing it's just not in its style to be. There's nothing wrong with a bit of meming between mates, aye sure you can take it to PM's but not gonna lie there's been status's and shit that people make between mates and I pop in and make my own input which at the end of the day isn't really hurting anyone at all and I'm getting to know peeps and they're getting to know me. 

We're a community aye, stop restricting stuff because ya dinna like what you see. 

And if ya catch something that references ya mate aye, tell ya mate and let them deal with it cos it's got fuck all to do with you yeah.

 

im slightly drunk so excuse the foul language and shit 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Man... I'm so on the fence about this. 

I agree 100% that it would eliminate the fucked up situation where you get flaming points for fucking around with a friend.

BUT what you're suggesting creates this weird tattle-tale situation where you're pretty much opening yourself up for more flame. 

I think the big solution is just for staff to be more aware of friends fucking around with one another. Contacting the person who's being "flamed" first and see if it's a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Simple suggestion really..

Change the way Flaming reports work.
If the person who is supposedly being flamed reports it, take it from there.

But, if someone else takes it upon themselves to be offended for another person and reports it, mark it. 

At the end of the day, if the person who's had the comment posted to them doesn't give a shit, why should you? Fixes the whole issue we have currently with not being able to have a laugh with friends.

Poll is attached.

Those who vote for either, please leave a comment to explain as to why you'd like it remove or kept.

To be honest, unless it's something actually widely offensive, the only person who should be able to report for flaming is the person(s) who that comment affects / attacks. It's a gaming community, we should be able to have a giggle with each other on the forums and a joke around with each other. 

I voted yes

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pussy said:

 

I've seen people get shit even though they weren't the ones to report it.

It's a double edged sword but I thought this might be the better option of the two.
I agree, it would be nice for staff to look into things before hand and grab some context before jumping right on the points wagon.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mexi said:

I've seen people get shit even though they weren't the ones to report it.

It's a double edged sword but I thought this might be the better option of the two.
I agree, it would be nice for staff to look into things before hand and grab some context before jumping right on the points wagon.

I know there were times while I was in staff where someone reported something and we knew they were friends, so we double checked with the two, and then no points were given out.

I also know of one time in particular where points where given out and we didn't know they were just friends joking around. I believe with an appeal those were overturned pretty quick. 

Honestly, sometimes it depends on who is dealing with the points. As sad as that sounds... Different teams handle things differently. And with a revolving door as far as staff members are concerned, it makes consistency hard to come by. 

Honestly, I get it. Does it suck? Yeah, but I've been there.

Share this post


Link to post

I dig it 

Share this post


Link to post

Sure sure, sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post

It's a fair suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post

Used to be how it was done back when I was staff, not quite sure what changed since then but w/e it is it needs to stop. Memes shouldn't be taken so seriously, +1 to the change :) 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Elmo said:

Used to be how it was done back when I was staff, not quite sure what changed since then but w/e it is it needs to stop. Memes shouldn't be taken so seriously, +1 to the change :) 

Tbh it's always been a back and forth thing depending on who is in the staff team. At least as long as I have been here

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Hebee said:

Tbh it's always been a back and forth thing depending on who is in the staff team. At least as long as I have been here

Basically this, it depends on whos active at that time its stupid

+1 Mexo

Share this post


Link to post

Just R4 everyone honestly.

But this does make as much sense as any sort of change can, nothing is foolproof. But this is better than the way it is now.

 

Edited by Chief

Share this post


Link to post

Thank god. We won't have people being offended for others and reporting. Beni put it well.

#Vote Yes.

Edited by Levi Ackerman
I'm too tired to be typing rn.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Levi Ackerman said:

Thank god. I always thought It was stupid you could get reported for something like this.

Wh..What? Being reported for Flame isn't stupid, nor am I saying 'Remove the flame rule'.

It's an alternative to how it's handled.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mexi said:

Wh..What? Being reported for Flame isn't stupid, nor am I saying 'Remove the flame rule'.

It's an alternative to how it's handled.

Oh, let me rephrase that. (One sec sorry.)

Share this post


Link to post

More often than not it's not about whose feelings were hurt on the Internet, but rather who is being immature, bully or a shit poster and the kind of content that this creates.

Its the kind of content that I don't want to have on my website, it gives us bad rep when we advertise ourselves as a fairly serious, strict and mature role playing community and then you see members calling each other names, shit memes posted everywhere and banter like it's 4chan or something.

So yeah, it's more about the content itself and removing bullies and immature people from the community, rather than protecting people from getting offended by something. Because anyone can be offended by anything, but we only warn if we believe the comment is inappropriate for the website and not base it on how much the person is personally offended. That's why everyone can and should report that kind of content. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Rolle said:

or a shit poster

;) 

but yeah that all makes sense. The brands image is very important to bring in new players. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Rolle said:

More often than not it's not about whose feelings were hurt on the Internet, but rather who is being immature, bully or a shit poster and the kind of content that this creates.

Its the kind of content that I don't want to have on my website, it gives us bad rep when we advertise ourselves as a fairly serious, strict and mature role playing community and then you see members calling each other names, shit memes posted everywhere and banter like it's 4chan or something.

So yeah, it's more about the content itself and removing bullies and immature people from the community, rather than protecting people from getting offended by something. Because anyone can be offended by anything, but we only warn if we believe the comment is inappropriate for the website and not base it on how much the person is personally offended. That's why everyone can and should report that kind of content. 

 

What Rolle said is correct, if I had things my way, nobody would be able to see the forums until the whitelist is completed and accepted so that way everything does not index on google (and give you a shit ad score) and then loosen up the restrictions on memes and other "flamey" posts. As much as this is a community, it is also a business sadly, brand image is important.

So I am going to abstain from the vote, as a neither agree nor disagree with the concept.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Rolle said:

 

 

2 minutes ago, Hebi Kotei said:

 

I've closed the poll based on these two answers, mainly because if things such as flame damage ad score then it's not worth changing. Whiteknights may continue protecting the females they desire.

/close this please.

Edited by Mexi

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mexi said:

I've closed the poll based on these two answers, mainly because if things such as flame damage ad score then it's not worth changing. Whiteknights may continue protecting the females they desire.

/close this please.

1

Closing as requested
/closed

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...