Server time (UTC): 2019-07-22, 08:47
Sign in to follow this  
Brady

Interview with a Community Member: Terra!

ECLmGuNAUSIt_utcYGBagwTHfKpB6VBqZrgtEU6HOeulj2zzYZq7pGZSnxX8wT5Z5-pVjyTkA7Ai6gv3u4rUCRTsqOPDrwPeLNoI-T3pbuK2-x82F1VcehwZ_-kBVaCtG2tsPnu4

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Terra

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to Terra for participating!

Tell us about yourself!

Spoiler

I am 35 years old and I am a nurse. I work in a youth and child psychiatric with boys from the age of 13 to 18 years with emotional problems including self-harm, depression, aggression, and other mental issues. I am about to move to another city and maybe even start a new job. I am looking forward to this but I am also a bit scared.

I have been in this Community for 5 years now and have been in the Staff team most of that time, working my way up to an Admin. A time which was great and I don't want to miss.

I love music, Gin and I am into tattoos and piercings.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

At the time I was playing with a somewhat famous YouTuber. He played here and showed me DayZRP. He got himself banned quickly and our ways sepreated. Beforehand I played some Taviana and DayZ Origins and the roleplay aspect of this Community was what made me stay. DayZRP changed a lot to when I started. Here is a little video of how I actually started to play here. You will see that realistic ingame names was not a thing as well as going OOC ingame was not taken too serious. Watching this today is actually pretty funny. This is 5 years ago now and was the first video I recorded on DayZRP.

Shoutout to SDS!

Spoiler

Overall I've played pen & paper roleplay games since I was 15 years old. Roleplay always played part in my life, one way or another.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

All the old members of CLF; for example @Hofer @Gina @Muntz and names I already forgot because they dont play here anymore. Actually very quickly after I joined, the Community started to change and realistic roleplay was more and more enforced. First I joined a group called The Free Medics and within the group roleplay was taken very serious. After that I joined the most hostile group at the time - All ex SDS members, called French Foreign Legion. It changed my roleplay style quiet a bit.

Today it is @Ron who keeps on motivating me to still play. You have to understand, in 5 years you have seen a lot and played out different characters, from good to evil - every range possible. Playing friendly or hostile does not change much ingame - the options are limited - so nothing really is surprising or fearfull anymore ingame and still, I love to roleplay and to create unique stories.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place?

Spoiler

To be honest, as an Ex-Admin it is easy to get judgmental. For me personally there are two things essential when it comes to Staff work:

Transparency & Consistency

I feel at the moment both aspects are missing to an extent and I would like to see that improved.

I have quiet a problem with some decisions that have been made, mostly in Reports, where I dont understand some outcomes and it feels like the team is either not reading carefully enough or is overwhelmed with the situations. I also have a problem with some answers in the feedback thread - If you are in Staff and you have to much to do in RL you simply have to make a decision. But don't use your RL problems as an excuse for inactivity and mistakes you make.

We need staff members who understand the rules to apply them accordingly in Reports and who have fun reading and working on those Reports. To be in Staff should be a priviledge und it should be fun and interesting to work as a team on problems. To discuss reports can be tough and exhausting but overall everyone in the team should feel excited about the work. If you dont feel the excitment, if you are stressed out by it, then maybe this spot is not for you. Make room for someone who wants to help, who is excited about discussing and solving reports. If your personal life influences the work, if you feel tired of working on reports, if you feel stressed, then you should consider your position and take actions. Your personal life should never play a part when it comes to solving reports/appeals/decisions (on DayZRP) and thats why I have little to no understanding when this excuse is used to explain mistakes or inactivity.

RL can be a bitch and should always come first.

Other than that, regardless of what @Rolle had to say about me 2 weeks ago, I actually consider myself a very quiet Ex-Staff member simply because I want to enjoy the game, the community and the roleplay. That does not mean that I will be quiet or shut my mouth when it comes to decisions I want to understand. Afterall I still care about DayZRP and right now, some things that happened, actually hurt to see.

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here?

Spoiler

Oh my, IC there are so many. I have many videos which I re-watch from time to time. They have just been great. For example when I and @Conor got kiddnapped by @Stagsview who humilated my character at the time in the best and mature way possible. Awesome roleplay. 

The longest storyline I have played was with @Ron @Conor @Oliv - We have been together in the groups Odveta and Cursed. Great experience which changed my playstyle once again. We got tortured and beaten up so much and often by @Spartan and his group at the time which was called Nasinec - Awesome roleplayers; everyone who was part of that group.

OOC I have met so many lovely people which I consider friends. With some I dont have any contact anymore which actually is very sad. But there are still people I talk to from time to time even though there are not active/banned in the community.

My time as Admin is also a great memorable experience.

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

As an Admin it is never easy because you sometimes have to make decisions based on the rules even though you like the person. I have banned many great roleplayers, many people which I thought have been really cool but in the end it was their actions on the forums or ingame that got them banned, even though it was me swinging the hammer. Every action causes a reaction. As simple is that. I dont regret that.

There are some things I regret. Things I agreed too, but it is how it is now and I can't take it back so I will have to deal with it - one way or another. ;)

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

Nice interview, I've always been curious about your Terra! Glad to see some information to read about. :D Hopefully we'll run into each other sometime ingame, I feel you're probably a awesome RP'er and have a lot of skill and talent. (Think I read some of your old Lore Stories ...) 

Great interview with a great person!

Great read with a lot of perspective in it. Thanks for it!

Was always fun having you as a hostage, I remember Operation Crossroads. Nice interview

Thank you for having me <3

2 hours ago, Shane Is Dead said:

@Joe is dead where your interview at bruh? 

good read especially the part about how to better the community

I'm not cool enough.

Great interview @Terra:)

Nice, an interview I actually read. 

Also, @Brady I was asked to do an interview a while back. I never got around to this because the person who asked me to left staff... What should I do? 

I don't wanna know wtf we did to end up in that jail cell...

Always enjoy learning more about you Terra, you're always a blast to hang out with <3

14 hours ago, Beni said:

Nice, an interview I actually read. 

Also, @Brady I was asked to do an interview a while back. I never got around to this because the person who asked me to left staff... What should I do? 

The interviews I do and the ones the old staff member did are two completetely different projects, I usually chose my candidates randomly so if you are chosen you will get another PM!

Nice read :)

Great read in all honesty and you made plenty of good points throughout.

I've been mentioned. Damn. Nice to see that you're still kicking @Terra