Server time (UTC): 2020-10-20, 14:04
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

OOC Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: 
I myself didn't actually say that much in OOC chat. Not to throw him under the bus, but Wolfstorm did most of the unnecessary OOC. I also think the actual punishment is a tad unfair, given that there were three messages of mine that were unnecessary.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: So I know that in this situation my usage of yeet in the report and in the OOC logs is some un-needed memery on my part, which I do apologize for. But I do not think this verdict is fair because of the extent of the ban and the actual things said by me.
03:28:02 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //lmfao what
03:28:10 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //its him you tard
03:33:06 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //yeet 

I know these three messages are very unnecessary and I understand that and I apologize, but compared to Wolfstorm's messages, I barely did anything.
But I must point out that,
03:30:38 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //keep it out of ooc chat 
in this message, I was trying to get him to stop talking in OOC so much, since I had already told him that I was going to throw a report up, and because there was no need since we were in teamspeak anyway. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I hope to get the verdict changed and to remove my banstrike, as well as removing the 10 points I received. 

What could you have done better?: I could have told Wolfstorm to straight out stop with the OOC and to unmute in TS. 

Hey N-tox,

A different team of staff members has reviewed your appeal & the report and we have came to a conclusion. You received a 5 day ban and 10 warning points for unnecessary OOC. If we have a look at the logs, we can see that you said the following ingame:

03:28:02 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //lmfao what
03:28:10 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //its him you tard
03:30:38 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //keep it out of ooc chat
03:33:06 | Chat("Joe Norris"(id=)): //yeet

The rules about going OOC ingame state the following:

• 5.4 OOC communication can be done only through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. You may not speak OOC using ingame voice. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.

Your messages were in no way absolutely necessary and directly broke rule 5.4. You even told the others to stop the unnecessary OOC seen in the logs above at 03:30 but afterwards you continue yourself with "//yeet". It was not just you who did the OOC but you did participate and these OOC text logs is not what we want to see on the server. Only use OOC when it is absolutely necessary. An example could be that there is someone at your door while you are in RP. You can then go OOC and state something along the lines of "//afk sorry, brb" so you can answer the door.

Your message were not necessary and the original verdict was correct.

Outcome: Appeal denied, ban & points hold

Verdict by me & @Para