Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 04:16
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

Short and sweet

imo the community is in a bit of a crisis, what with the new rules, the upcoming update for the game and recent events within the *coughs* report section.
I might just be a stoner hippie or something but I think we need to all just roll with the new rules, and have fun. 
Image result for improvise adapt, overcome

When I joined the community I never thought there would be as much arguing as there is, which I guess is foreseeable because I usually take things at face value.
In conclusion, I think we should just enjoy what we have, and have fun! 

Edited by N-Tox

I used to be part of another RP community years ago, and the issue was present there as well. Not quite as bad as it is here, but there was still a lot of hostility and the fight between hostile vs campfire was there as well. It's just a natural part of role playing personalities clashing, I think, and it's perfectly fine to have the debates it involves. That said, it is pretty fucking toxic in this community.

Your advice, though? Top fucking ace, mang. I'd bean you so hard if I hadn't already spent my daily ratio.

dhMeAzK.gif?noredirect

OP is a Legend.

If people see something they don't like, why shouldn't they say something? Nah.. As a mouthy cunt, I'm happy to see people are finally saying that they're not happy with changes instead of keeping quiet. As for the toxic shit, meh.. You can block people and ignore them, people seem to forget that feature.

I'd presume you have a staff application in or want Rolle to return those BeanZ :trolle:

It's just called people being salty from their friend being banned. There will be fights and debates, someone might mass KoS because of it. And then we just get rid of someone who cause problems to the community. Also, all the fucking passive aggression makes me think we are on an episode of fucking keeping up with the Kardashians. Most people show no compromise and have a "It's my way and opinion or the high way," followed with a lot of arrogance. I'm all for talking about issues, but acting immature about the situation will do nothing but cause more drama.

Edited by TheTrueHawk

24 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Rolle to return those BeanZ :trolle:

;) *wink wink nudge nudge* @Rolle 
But no I actually really dislike the toxicity I've witnessed within the community, both on and off the forums

Yeah, I've been in plenty of other online gaming communities over the years but this one takes the cake when it comes to Toxicity levels. Although, times change and with the new implementation of the harsher Final Warning and hopefully better staff awareness after the huge PVP group scandals that kept arising back in November and December I think we are on the right path towards a better community overall. And tbh I don't like the new hostile rules either since I think that they are a bit too excessive and punish hostile RP'rs that try to be creative in the way they may take a victim but adding loads of *hinting* and other techniques to scare their victim before-hand.

For example, lets say that I have perma-killed a person's character and I decide to mutilate their corpse and paint the inside of a barn with their body parts and limbs. Now, I patiently wait there and make a public broadcast over the IC Radio Chatter claiming I am hurt, bleeding, and in need of help. Then I patiently wait and eventually a person comes to the barn. I let them know // what they would see when they enter. Afterwards I tell them that I have done all this and I say, "Do you like my art, I call it "Dead Fred"... get it? Cause he's dead and his name was Fred... oh, that is before he was mutilated like so Hahahahaha". Then I initiate on him and tell him I plan on doing something similar to him like I did to Fred. However, since this is the first time meeting this person and since we haven't had much RP my initiation is technically improper and instead of just acting out what would be logical for the psycho character in this example instead I have to have a awkward dialog with this person that has shown up and "act creepy".

I am all for new rules and trying new things however I feel that this new hostile rule is a step in the wrong direction as it makes creative RP scenarios like this impossible for hostile RP'rs without that previously mentioned awkwardness. A rather smooth and methodical plan quickly turns into a awkward scramble to provide enough RP upon meeting your potential victim to actually continue to the torture part. This can make a whole lot of other scenarios just like this one seem very unrealistic... which I'm not a huge fan of.

Anyways enough with all that. Atta boy N-tox for speaking the truth! :D

Edited by Refacture
Changed a few things here and there to hopefully vocalize my opinion better

4 minutes ago, Refacture said:

amazingly well thought out and executed RP scenarios

I think what constitutes amazingly well thought out and executed RP scenarios for you is wildly different for most others, but alright.

Good shout, though, OP. I think overall we're headed in a right direction and I am pleased with the way people are able to discuss these changes without mods closing it down left and right.

4 minutes ago, Rosiak said:

I think what constitutes amazingly well thought out and executed RP scenarios for you is wildly different for most others, but alright.

Good shout, though, OP. I think overall we're headed in a right direction and I am pleased with the way people are able to discuss these changes without mods closing it down left and right.

We appreciate people being good and not making us as well. People deserve a pat on the back for that.

this. like, rules are put in place and changed in order to attempt to improve as many people's experiences as we can. of course people wont agree with x or y rule but thats just life, and people should learn to live with it