Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 01:14
Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Holding out for Some Hostile

Amazing song, great job @Tony and @Kattica, y'all did an amazing job with this!

Wasn't possible without her. I can't hit those delicate female notes xD

Physically cringed but its still catchy af. Good job @Tony and @Kattica

6 minutes ago, KyleRP said:

Physically cringed but its still catchy af. Good job @Tony and @Kattica

Was it the fire in your crotch XD?

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Was it the fire in your crotch XD?

Image result for I dont understand gif

I like it! It's great!!! Good job! ^_^

Beautiful as always @Tony, some good chops from you too @Kattica

Always fucking out doing yourself man! Hopefully this will spark a fire under someones ass. :P
I got some hope. 

Just now, MeenMuginLovin said:

Beautiful as always @Tony, some good chops from you too @Kattica

Always fucking out doing yourself man! Hopefully this will spark a fire under someones ass. :P
I got some hope. 

Kattica is responsible for half of this. I appreciate the hell out of her helping me (=

But thanks man, well here's hoping. I won't lie and say I am happy with the new rule changes, I am not. And for the most part I am looking back and thinking things were too hard on a lot of the hostile groups. Despite anyone's past shit and grievances, not one of us are in disagreement about just how important hostile RP is to the development and activity of the community. Some times there's misunderstandings sure... I mean I will always speak out against RDM cluster fucks, because to me that ain't hostile, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate anyone who ever filled that much needed role within the community. 

We need it back in force. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

-snip-

I mean yeah, without conflict there can be no progression in any story. It's more entertaining and enjoyable if someone is that conflict, and its not incessant internal affairs.
Without it, everything will stagnate even further... I don't think the community or current populous should stand for that kind of blow against RP.

What we need to do is usher in a new era of perfected hostile, one that people will enjoy and properly fear. Not because they'll loose their gear, but because it's proper frightening.
Something along those lines at least...

I'll pretend I can hear this at work. :P

I'm sure it's great, and I'll have to give it a listen when I come home! At least from the lyrics, I think I get the gist of the tune! 

20 minutes ago, Brayces said:

I'll pretend I can hear this at work. :P

I'm sure it's great, and I'll have to give it a listen when I come home! At least from the lyrics, I think I get the gist of the tune! 

I am sorry;_; I dunno anything other than soundcloud for mp3s. But it’ll wait for ya!

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I am sorry;_; I dunno anything other than soundcloud for mp3s. But it’ll wait for ya!

It's okay! I just lack speakers/headphones when I'm in the office! But once I get home ... *Cackles*.

That first gunshot scared the shit out of me man....

Great work @Kattica and @Tony!

3 hours ago, Tander said:

That first gunshot scared the shit out of me man....

Great work @Kattica and @Tony!

Haha, sorry man. Wanted to start it with... a bang. <.< >.>

Good stuff as always Tony, although I still love your Aladdin parody more than anything else. And N-Tox's hostile rap and this one are contesting for second place now.

Edited by Refacture

This makes me want to do hosti-

*looks at new rules* 

Why ? 

13 minutes ago, Saints said:

This makes me want to do hosti-

*looks at new rules* 

Why ? 

Fight it. 

I stand open to anyone who thinks they can change my mind as to why they're a good thing. These new rules are a trial basis and whilst that stands I'll be as vocal as possible against it.  My biggest beef is on the initiation. To my understanding there needs to be built up, geared towards, suspense built.... really drive it home, before ya know the initiation. Roughly translated I interpret that as 'announce yourself'. It's the equivalent of wearing a sign over your neck reading 'I will initiate', putting greater risk to the instigator, which makes absolutely zero intelligible sense, because what antagonist in their right mind would alert the intended target for 'edge points'. All that presence and juicy build up can just as easily happen after the initiation... where it makes the most sense. 

On the off chance this exists because we have people who are in lack of a better term... fuckin trigger happy. If someone initiates on me, I don't immediately hit F2, I scream "I am doing it, okay okay okay!" as vocally as possible because I am scared they'll shoot me on a paranoia twitch. That's the other side of the problem... here's the solution. Resist fuckin shooting people as quickly.  

On the other side we have people who'll report ya as soon as ya fuckin fart in their general direction. We don't need to be reporting noobs who are figuring out buttons, we don't need to be reporting people because you lost in a fire fight,  who tried to fight 2 on 1.... if it works out, it works out. I'll only report straight up KOS, RDM or immersion breaking bullshit like I dunno... someone RP'ing a dinosaur or some shit. There's a lot of crap in the community that needs to change, but hostile in general needs brought back to what it was before, or alternatively made better. It shouldn't be as restricted.... we live in chaotic times, it should be chaos. 

I mean 'valid reason to initiate' cool, I get that, but to me... 'I want your shit' is pretty damn valid immersion wise. Doesn't even need to be for the crap in your backpack, could be made up stuff like... I dunno, a rolex.

Edited by Tony

This was amazing lmfao

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Fight it. 

I stand open to anyone who thinks they can change my mind as to why they're a good thing. These new rules are a trial basis and whilst that stands I'll be as vocal as possible against it.  My biggest beef is on the initiation. To my understanding there needs to be built up, geared towards, suspense built.... really drive it home, before ya know the initiation. Roughly translated I interpret that as 'announce yourself'. It's the equivalent of wearing a sign over your neck reading 'I will initiate', putting greater risk to the instigator, which makes absolutely zero intelligible sense, because what antagonist in their right mind would alert the intended target for 'edge points'. All that presence and juicy build up can just as easily happen after the initiation... where it makes the most sense. 

On the off chance this exists because we have people who are in lack of a better term... fuckin trigger happy. If someone initiates on me, I don't immediately hit F2, I scream "I am doing it, okay okay okay!" as vocally as possible because I am scared they'll shoot me on a paranoia twitch. That's the other side of the problem... here's the solution. Resist fuckin shooting people as quickly.  

On the other side we have people who'll report ya as soon as ya fuckin fart in their general direction. We don't need to be reporting noobs who are figuring out buttons, we don't need to be reporting people because you lost in a fire fight,  who tried to fight 2 on 1.... if it works out, it works out. I'll only report straight up KOS, RDM or immersion breaking bullshit like I dunno... someone RP'ing a dinosaur or some shit. There's a lot of crap in the community that needs to change, but hostile in general needs brought back to what it was before, or alternatively made better. It shouldn't be as restricted.... we live in chaotic times, it should be chaos. 

I mean 'valid reason to initiate' cool, I get that, but to me... 'I want your shit' is pretty damn valid immersion wise. Doesn't even need to be for the crap in your backpack, could be made up stuff like... I dunno, a rolex.

Just about the last line of your speech here. I agree with it all, but that last line really reminded me of the most fun initiation I ever had. I was initiated on by a group who were literally just after my character's jewelry. Specifically their necklace and wedding ring. There was about two hours of solid hostile RP just for a ring and a necklace...they didn't take any gear, they didn't gat me or threaten to do so over it, and they weren't overly ballistic about every thing I said or did during it. I had a really fun time, and I wish something like that would return.

Low key I think @Rolle and the other admin are all power gaming us...

Force us to play our characters the way they want them to be played!

We should report them if we REALLY want to change anything ;)

My only hope from these rules is that it'll force people to think OUTSIDE the box for once... but it's just too tight of a grip on my balls to comfortably do that. I have always done everything in my power to make hostile RP enjoyable for both parties, but this is borderline favoritism and needs to be adjusted for actual balance. Not just pander to more PvP and campfire bullshit. 

I gotta stop before I rant more...

TL;DR: Shit gotta change for balance and realism Rolle. Snälla och tack. 

@MeenMuginLovin I heard you like your balls in a tight grip. 

Awesome!  Great work you two!

Haha, thanks. Every now and then I get a whim to do something like this, but when I tried to sing it I was like "Fuck... so female tones are NOT easy for a man to do." So I dropped the request out and Kattica was all "ME ME ME!" and she rocked that shit. Great voice on her.

I have been gone for awhile guessing hostile RP is gone but then again looking around 80% of the people who made hostile RP great are perma'd lol I have recently come back and I only do hostile lol so hopefully I can give one or 2 people some good RP but we shall see :D seems from recent reports rules are still be abused in terms of PVP > RP but that was always the case lol its hard to stop it ... Unreal work on the song and lyrics altho I was disappointed I didn't hear the word Reapers :(