Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 21:52
Sign in to follow this  
Flashy

Steven Crowder Appreciation Thread

I'll start.

Also I'd like to use this medium to have intellectual discussions with people about topics that people usually can't seem to talk about without losing their shit. If staff is watching, please take care of those who start to bash, use hate speech, or just generally break community rules here, I'd like to keep this mature and respectful much like Steven Crowder does. <3

I am a member of the mug club and I really enjoy watching his content although he is being censored currently by Twitter and YouTube for his recent videos he uploaded from sxsw. 

All around funny and great guy to watch.

I think you should avoid posting his gender videos here though as that sort of content has gotten many men in trouble on this website (his change my mind video on that in particular) just looking out for my boy <3

Wait, I didn't hear about this? Why are they blocking his content????

3 minutes ago, Hebee said:

I think you should avoid posting his gender videos here though as that sort of content has gotten many men in trouble on this website (his change my mind video on that in particular) just looking out for my boy <3

Yes I know I really would like to open up a discussion on that but I know about the sensitivity of that topic on this website and it's a shame. His video on it was excellent and I wish more people could actually open up that dialogue  without getting so upset and understanding each other's side. 

4 minutes ago, Flashy said:

Wait, I didn't hear about this? Why are they blocking his content????

Basically just typical Twitter censorship of anything right of Bernie Sanders. They've already unverified many well know right wing voices and banned as well. YouTube says that he violated privacy rules although they didn't and they won't be specific about how, just another censorship of an opinion they don't like.

Edited by Hebee

4 minutes ago, Hebee said:

Basically just typical Twitter censorship of anything right of Bernie Sanders. They've already unverified many well know right wing voices and banned as well. YouTube says that he violated privacy rules although they didn't and they won't be specific about how, just another censorship of an opinion they don't like.

That honestly sickens me, society nowadays is getting so ridiculously bombastic and just plugging their ears and shouting their ideals at the top of their lungs. Instead of talking about these things at a table, like adults, and attempting to find a middle ground. Which is why I love his change my mind series so much, because that's literally exactly what he does. 

5 minutes ago, Flashy said:

That honestly sickens me, society nowadays is getting so ridiculously bombastic and just plugging their ears and shouting their ideals at the top of their lungs. Instead of talking about these things at a table, like adults, and attempting to find a middle ground. Which is why I love his change my mind series so much, because that's literally exactly what he does. 

Yeah typical stuff though from the left really it's been going on for a while now there are plenty of videos online as examples including on his youtube. You should watch more than just the change my mind segments. They're great but there is plenty of other interesting videos there as well

He is a meme but a meme I like 

Edit: Jared is sexy too 

Edited by Prince

He has been made into a meme, however I don't think he IS a meme tbf. 

Steven Crowder is a top notch guy I too wish we could bring up some of the topics he covers but like you said those types of discussions have gotten people in trouble in the past. I would recommend watching his argument with Joe Rogan it is excellent well worth a watch.

Steven is great, honestly prefer milo for the memes, and Jacob Rees mogg for the actual arguments, however Steven is still a fav of mine

6 hours ago, Shane Is Dead said:

Steven Crowder is a top notch guy I too wish we could bring up some of the topics he covers but like you said those types of discussions have gotten people in trouble in the past. I would recommend watching his argument with Joe Rogan it is excellent well worth a watch.

It always did confuse me with people getting into trouble regarding such topics on here, I guess the Internet isn't all full of alt right, we got some leftists too ;)

image.gif

Edited by Wyoming

I think we should certainly have gun control. There are many good reasons to own a gun, there are not too many good reasons to own one that can shoot more than say.. 4 rounds before a reload is required.

Certainly the military should have the boom booms. Just not Fred the 18yo goth who's ready to end it all, and still thinks high school is important

It should be up to the states.

Other than that, From our cold dead hands joff. <3

I still would like to meet Crowder in person. Got to meet Milo and gave him a really dirty and slightly racist birthday card. That man can give some hugs. ^_^

11 hours ago, JoffreyRP said:

I think we should certainly have gun control. There are many good reasons to own a gun, there are not too many good reasons to own one that can shoot more than say.. 4 rounds before a reload is required.

Certainly the military should have the boom booms. Just not Fred the 18yo goth who's ready to end it all, and still thinks high school is important

And what do we do in the event that the government decides to go the wrong direction, begins to strip rights, and harm the people. Does this seem unlikely this day and age? Sure. Is it impossible? No, countries have undergone drastic changes in very short periods of time and very recently and the people did not have the means of protecting their rights against the government due to the government being the only ones with access to rifles that regular people did not. Now this is an extreme, and very hypothetical, but it is what our country was founded on, fleeing a tyrannical government, and when we made our own, the founding fathers wanted to make sure that if it were to go the wrong direction, or happen again, then We The People would have means of stopping it. 

Edited by Flashy

Personally I think he's a prick, but he can be a good meme sometimes. Some of his stuff is good, especially anything revolving around the second amendment. I used to watch his stuff years ago.

9 minutes ago, Flashy said:

We The People would have means of stopping it.

I feel the Gov't has far surpassed the ability to completely overwhelm us via their weapons vs our shitty semi- autos. Drones, tanks, Humvees, planes, bombs, nukes, missiles, fully auto rifles, snipers, and a FUCK ton of ammos and supplies will do us in.

Our rebellion would be just as effective with 4 round semi-auto as it would with 30 round semi-auto.  MAYBE the 30 rouns semi-auto would help us .. revolt..like 30% better?  Maybe?  I don't know If I'm convinced. Plus you'd need to convince the armed forces to.. enforce awful things on their own people on a large scale.

Not sure its worth having the plethora of weapons available.. that we by and large would never use for hunting purposes, or self defense.

2 minutes ago, JoffreyRP said:

I feel the Gov't has far surpassed the ability to completely overwhelm us via their weapons vs our shitty semi- autos. Drones, tanks, Humvees, planes, bombs, nukes, missiles, fully auto rifles, snipers, and a FUCK ton of ammos and supplies will do us in.

Our rebellion would be just as effective with 4 round semi-auto as it would with 30 round semi-auto.  MAYBE the 30 rouns semi-auto would help us .. revolt..like 30% better?  Maybe?  I don't know If I'm convinced. Plus you'd need to convince the armed forces to.. enforce awful things on their own people on a large scale.

Not sure its worth having the plethora of weapons available.. that we by and large would never use for hunting purposes, or self defense.

Fair point.

However, I just don't think the ban on these rifles is cool. Maybe make people take a firearms safety class before owning one, reoccurring mental exams, gun ownership age even. I just don't think it's unfair to ban these weapons based on a few situations. There are roughly 30k lives taken from firearm incidents yearly including suicide in the United States where as there are AT MINIMUM 500,000 lives saved WITH firearms each year in the United States. 

The only gun control should be making guns harder to obtain from people with a record, not banning guns altogether. Its not even realistic. There are millions of assault rifle owners alone, trying to take those guns away would not be a simple task and ultimately wouldn't do anything but make the pro-gun side stronger as their fear that the government is taking their guns would be true

TBH the root of the argument against guns is flawed anyway. Having a gun readily available for an 18 year old is not going to make them shoot up a school or whatever. Yes it makes him available to do it, but that same 18 year old can more than likely also drive his car down the sidewalk as well. 

Youshould not take rights away from people just because evil happens or can happen. You should look to the root cause of said evil, whether it be poor patenting or just lack there of, medication such as antidepressants linking these things so forth and look for remedies.

I'm very pro second amendment even if I don't have a gun myself and have never shot one.

39 minutes ago, Flashy said:

AT MINIMUM 500,000 lives saved

I dunno.. those are some heavy stats. I NEED PROOFS!!!!

34 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

trying to take those guns away would not be a simple task

Yeah trying to take away guns would be dumb. I'd say grandfather them in. Over the course of 2-40 phase out the stronger rifles.

24 minutes ago, Hebee said:

I'm very pro second amendment even if I don't have a gun myself and have never shot one.

That's good, in general I am mostly okay with the 2nd amendment. The fix in this case is identifying the random crazy dude before he does harm, which is pretty difficult. I think some people in this community are weird.. but just because I think they are weird.. doesn't mean I report them to authorities that they are a risk of harm.. becuase they may  or may not be mentally ill.. yanno? It's too hard to identify who does, and does not need pillz to make them not shoot folks.

If you make it more difficult for that 18 yo to get a gun, that will likely help.. in reducing shootings. Just my 2 cents tho.

Honestly I just want to say thank you for introducing me to this guy, quite eye opening on the topics he's discussed and I've got to say I enjoy his Change My Mind segments. Gonna be watching him some more tonight.

Mug club member. I love crowders content, even though I disagree with him half the time,

On 3/21/2018 at 2:45 AM, G19RP said:

This is a fucking gem.

6 hours ago, Lad said:

Honestly I just want to say thank you for introducing me to this guy, quite eye opening on the topics he's discussed and I've got to say I enjoy his Change My Mind segments. Gonna be watching him some more tonight.

Hells yeah dude

I too was a more left swinging sort of dude, closer to the center really mind you, but honestly that was because I wasn't fully aware of all the statistical and factual evidence available on most of these issues. I feel like a lot of the left base their arguments and political agenda based entirely on emotion rather than logic. Like guns for instance, are guns used to kill people? By some people yes, a leftist with good intentions mind you, wants to save lives. Their idea? ban the tool used to kill people, that should solve it right? Well logically speaking, banning the guns they're talking about, wouldn't in fact solve anything.These big scary black "AR's" are the cause of less than 1% of mass shootings, and these are the ones they want to ban. These so called "Automatics" that are so easy to get your hands on, not the case. You need a class 3 license to even do so, which is a pain in the ass to get, and in a lot of states, isn't even an option. That is if they actually mean like full-auto when they say "automatic" and not semi-automatic. Most of them don't even know the first thing about guns, like round size, how they operate, their real purpose, etc. They're just so caught up in the hype of people getting killed in these shootings, which of course is bad, and start throwing around all these non-sensible gun control bills. 

I think more people should open themselves up to the other side and their ideas and at least listen, you might change your mind, you might find some middle ground, but instead everyone stays inside their bubble of media, being constantly told the same things over and over and never hearing the other side of it.