Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 23:41
Sign in to follow this  
Malet

Official Groups: Rewards

I really like this idea! It seems dead simple and could be more encouraging for people to try do things like lore events or create an rp-hub 

+1 ^_^

We were talking on this a while ago, glad you found a good analogy for it, it was annoying to explain "removal of benefits from A =/= increased benefits for B".

I can't think of anything to add but this is pretty damn good, so I just wanted to show my support. +1

+1 To this buddy, rewards people for their efforts in improving RP and the overall state of the lore!

upvoted

In my honest opinion, the answer is no, I don't see why there should be more titles thrown around when we already have this "limited offer" where we can buy titles. I really don't like seeing a lot of titles around/more titles.

13 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

In my honest opinion, the answer is no, I don't see why there should be more titles thrown around when we already have this "limited offer" where we can buy titles. I really don't like seeing a lot of titles around/more titles.

The clue is that the titles wouldnt be shown on user profiles but on the group pages - where as of right now you cant achieve nor buy badges, means it wouldnt clutter the forum in any way.

I really like this idea, increase in activity and groups is always a good thing for popularity and the lore/player interactions.

+1

Personally think its a good idea as it should help encourage groups to expand and get more in depth goals like setting up an RP hub or running some small events

+1

I can't recall correctly, but something is tickling my brain about this. We might have briefly talked about this in the last admin meeting or something, but I don't think we went into details because none of us could come up with anything at the time. Rolle will probably remember more.

I mentioned this at the staff meeting @Oliv but it was more in the alignment of event reward titles, not group titles.

+1 to this though.

I support this. 

I actually like this idea! Seems like a cool way to reward Official Groups for doing things ICly and IG! Yes~

Pretty cool idea, you get the Brerdz plus one!

Hello friend. Your carrot does not lure me to pull the wagon, but thats because i am a minimalist. Now that ive gotten that out of the way allow me to proceed.

This is a great idea that should of been a thing years ago. Your idea doesnt even nullify the group of the year titles and most people on the server would pay for titles so why not play for titles.

I see only perhaps a few drawbacks. 1st is that some people may attain too many titles and it could mess with the format. Im sure Rolle already has an answer for that so i wont discuss possible solutions.

The second is that rolle is selling titles and may not want to give them out for free. Cant talk for the man but some may see a boom in titles as title depreciation. I do not see it this way, but some might.

Good idea, you spent some time writing this up and it looks like you put some thought into it. Hope it gets past as it could drive some people to play more and keep thiet groups up longer.

I dig it

Just a quick "Thank you" to everyone here for the overwhelming feedback and constructive handling of the idea. I appreciate it ^_^

17 minutes ago, SweetJoe said:

- sniperino -

1st is that some people may attain too many titles and it could mess with the format. Im sure Rolle already has an answer for that so i wont discuss possible solutions.

The second is that rolle is selling titles and may not want to give them out for free. Cant talk for the man but some may see a boom in titles as title depreciation. I do not see it this way, but some might.

Regarding Point 1: You are absolutely right. I have no idea how this stuff works technically and no matter how the idea is received - In the end it always depends on Rolle. ^_^

Regarding Point 2: No idea what Rolle's plans are but I somehow doubt that people would buy "Group Badges" as in opposite to personal badges, they and with that the money invested would be gone out of the window in case of an archive *shrugs*

plus one!

giphy.gif.3d492b9f2f8aadf32b64967636debd7b.gif

I disagree with nearly everything you have written, simply because if we do this everybody (or a large amount) will have so many badges their posts and profiles will look like a colourful Kindergarten painting. Most people will have a title and it will just devalue the meaning of it. I mean you can already buy yourself whatever title you want which is a bit silly in my opinion but we need it to pay the bills. One of the things we had discussed last summer right before Lore wipe was the idea of rewarding groups who contributed to the server, were extremely active, impactful, made large and lasting settlements, among other things. Now, instead of these awards being plopped right below you name they would go onto the side of the topics posts like the starred posts and the pinned ones.

a85f416456.png

It might look like a badge, or some sort of Bronze, Silver, or Gold metal. Maybe a basic rating system for the most run of the mill basic achievements and then special tags or emblems for more rare or otherwise difficult achievements. Many of these would have to be created specifically for the group, but it could work. Now if we have a great group that has done lots of stuff and been around a while (Anarchy, VDC, etc) and they have things they have won or achieved then it might crowd the side of the topic text. In that case we could add a section to the group page area. The idea I had for this is from a series of combat sims I used to play. Basically there was a page with a velvet red background (looked like an award case) that had the various medals you had won over the course of your campaign. In this case it was like Purple Hearts, Flying Crosses, Silver Stars and the occasion Medal of Honor if you really kicked ass. We could do something like that.

Don't mean to shit on your idea, I just think there are other ways we could go about doing it. We could make it to where it would be a real sense of pride to have lots of medals or ratings, and not to where they are given out like candy. My 2 cents. :D

1 hour ago, Major said:

I disagree with nearly everything you have written, simply because if we do this everybody (or a large amount) will have so many badges their posts and profiles will look like a colourful Kindergarten painting.

Hey @Major, I appreciate the feedback - I'm just afraid  that a part of the idea was easy to misunderstand (Which can happen when it's as little explained as I did) :D

The Group Badge wouldnt be shown in the profile or posts of the single group members, for the obvious reason that was pointed out by you and I think @SweetJoe that clustering them would make the forum look like a freaking rainbow. The idea was more to show them f.e. on the page of the group themself (Forum --> DayZ --> Groups), where you can right now only see the categories "Leaders & Moderators" and "All members" as a third category that shows not only the persons of the group but their achievements. Once a group (not the single members) has earned a badge, they can also add it to their group page (Forum --> DayZ Standalone --> DayZ Groups).

As I said, its a rough idea but in the general concept I want to give groups the chance to promote their doings to those that might be interested in joining, not to give away badges like candy to single community members. By doing this it doesnt conflict with @Rolle's sale of personal badges and encourages groups to actually stay alive because when the group archives and by this the group page disappears, the badges of the group would disappear aswell ^_^

To sum it up: Not every single member would get a badge for the achievements of the group, but the group for their group page itself.

Edited by Malet

Shouldn't being apart of (in what I hope a group member thinks in terms of opinions towards their group) the best group on the server be enough for them?

Obligatory joking aside... Sure this'll make people appreciate the fact that they're being forced to RP a specific way... I just think we should create something that actually matters... You know like rules that'll benefit everyone and not pander to a specific audience like massive groups... Just a thought.

Look at me beginning a rant...

No this idea is bad and at the moment, we shouldn't prioritize ridiculous badges over making an actual change to rules that break realism in every which way.