Server time (UTC): 2020-11-01, 01:56 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Despina

KoS at Northwest Airfield

A buddy and I were trying to stop and talk to someone, usual RP interaction, and then suddenly two people come out of nowhere and KoS'd him forcing me to kill them both. Then the person, whoever they were, decided to turn their weapon on me and KoS as well. How is this fair? What happens to our characters? There was no instigation to what I could tell of a threat or anything like that, all that's known is that they were wearing white armbands and suddenly open fired. No chance of holding us up, terms of peace, nothing. They immediately KoS'd us with no words or anything which spoiled our fun as being hunters. All we tried to do was ask what the armbands meant and then we were suddenly fired upon with no interactions.

RIP hope of a good server...

One of the members was called Matty Mayfire, part of the Anarchy.

Hello @Despina

Please update your report post using the template found here.

You have 24 hours to do so or your report will be closed.

Thank you!

Server and location:  Server S1 EU / Location: Northwest Airfield

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Date: 18/03/2018 / Time: 21:25-30

Your in game name: Despina Vadamus

Names of allies involved: Draco Vadam

Name of suspect/s:  Matty Mayfire and two others of the same group

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): N/A

Detailed description of the events: A buddy and I were trying to stop and talk to someone, usual RP interaction, and then suddenly two people come out of nowhere and KoS'd him forcing me to kill them both. Then the person, whoever they were, decided to turn their weapon on me and KoS as well. How is this fair? What happens to our characters? There was no instigation to what I could tell of a threat or anything like that, all that's known is that they were wearing white armbands and suddenly open fired. No chance of holding us up, terms of peace, nothing. They immediately KoS'd us with no words or anything which spoiled our fun as being hunters. All we tried to do was ask what the armbands meant and then we were suddenly fired upon with no interactions.

Edit- To make it more clear so I don't get told off for having a short pov. Matty starts talking to this guy at the barracks and I am in the trees to the south west. I hear him talking and run away to the wall and tell everyone that dusty is talking to a guy whos acting pretty weird with him. I run back to dusty and prone over to him where I lay down next to him in the ghilli. 

While this guy starts talkin to him inside the area of south west barracks I see guy number two sneaking up behind matti with his gun. Dude had a ghilli head and tried to prone up and get an eye on him. As matty walks away guy number one tells matty that if he keeps walking he'll be shot as he's walking into a sniper scope. At this initiation I shoot the first guy in the back who was talking and potato  a bit then turn to shoot the second guy whos shootin my boys and my aug skills were lacking today as I get domed by his rifle and see no more :(. 

Ya set a trap initiated, died and complain

In the current state of the server the main question seems to be. What was your reason for initiating on my friend?

Edited by UndeadRP

Matty Mayfire POV:

I was at the southwest well at NWAF when a voice over the wall says "Oh hi". I talk to him a bit, make a remark about his interesting outfit, and I tell him there's places I gotta go. He stalls and delays me, and I tell him to mind his own business. During this time, one or two of my friends arrive and stay hidden in case anything happens because the guy was being very strange. I eventually start to leave when he says "I wouldn't leave because you're in the direct line of fire from a sniper". I keep walking and he says "Don't move! You're gonna get shot if you do!" which is a direct threat on my life (demand "don't move" and threat/consequence "you're gonna get shot if you do"). After he threatens my life, my friends begin opening fire on the dudes (they saw his overwatch in a tree), and I open fire as well. 

My friends (@UndeadRP and @G19RP) end up dying, one legitimately and one by teamkill on my part because I didn't realize what he was wearing. I move positions, trying to find the overwatch dude and eventually see him run back to the well. I follow and end up killing him.

Anyways @Despina, when you give someone a demand and state a very hostile consequence if they don't listen, that is considered an initiation and grants KOS rights. So when your friend told me "stop moving, if you move you're gonna die", he directly threatened my life and gave myself and my friends rights to defend me from harm.

No one said anything about being shot, all he said was that he was walking into A sniper scope. Never mentioned WHO'S sniper scope it was and I was there as overwatch to ensure his safety in case someone decided to instigate something. I never said a word and he was talking the entire time, never mentioning or instigating any sort of threat. He also made sure to say that he was just a hunter without any means of wanting to do harm, only seeing if he needed any sort of help.

@DustyRP he never said he'd get shot nor instigated ANY sort of demand. NOR did he said you were going to die, all he said was "you're walking into a sniper's scope" or something similar. We have a reputation of being hunters, never instigating threats at all or wanting demands from people, only wanting to give if we can help with supplies. The most "threatening" thing we'll do is say that someone is watching over us for safety. Telling someone "don't move you're going to get shot" completely blows our personas out of the water as being pure hunters, living off the lay of the land and never causing harm to people if possible.

Edited by Despina

I never told him he would get shot, we've never done that upon any encounter that we have done, all that we said was that he was walking into a snipers scope, telling him that before out of nowhere i was shot and killed, There was minimal interaction with this person and showed no intention of wanting to have a conversation or to RP completely spoiling the motion of the Server.

5 minutes ago, Despina said:

No one said anything about being shot, all he said was that he was walking into A sniper scope. Never mentioned WHO'S sniper scope it was and I was there as overwatch to ensure his safety in case someone decided to instigate something. I never said a word and he was talking the entire time, never mentioning or instigating any sort of threat. He also made sure to say that he was just a hunter without any means of wanting to do harm, only seeing if he needed any sort of help.

@DustyRP he never said he'd get shot nor instigated ANY sort of demand.

4 minutes ago, Draco Vadam said:

I never told him he would get shot, we've never done that upon any encounter that we have done, all that we said was that he was walking into a snipers scope, telling him that before out of nowhere i was shot and killed, There was minimal interaction with this person and showed no intention of wanting to have a conversation or to RP completely spoiling the motion of the Server.

Are you both absolutely sure about that? Absolutely no doubt in your mind that you never gave me a demand or threatened my life?

Also what was your reason for initiating on me? I was just trying to leave as I had something to attend to.

Edited by DustyRP

5 minutes ago, Draco Vadam said:

If you're involved post a POV.

Logs coming soon.

1 minute ago, DustyRP said:

Are you both absolutely sure about that? Absolutely no doubt in your mind that you never gave me a demand or threatened my life?

Yes, I'm 100% sure because our personas are that of hunters. We have a reputation already, mainly Draco Vadam, of being hunters and nothing more to want to harm human life.

WHICH IS WHY WE CHOOSE TO PLAY ON THIS SERVER SO WE CAN AVOID SITUATIONS LIKE THIS WHERE WE DON'T GET THE CONSTANT FEAR OF BEING ROBBED FROM EVERY CORNER OR SHOT ON SIGHT. ALL HE WAS TRYING TO DO IS RP AND COMMUNICATE WITH YOU TO HAVE THE FUN OF WHAT THE RP SERVER WAS FOR.

You could've given us a warning that you got us surrounded, you DID NOT have to open fire on us. Even then we weren't instigating on any sort of hostile actions, but walking away because you don't want to talk or interact with other people regardless of whether it was us or not completely spoils the fun of what DayZ RP is. It's a ROLEPLAYING SERVER.

1 minute ago, Despina said:

Yes, I'm 100% sure because our personas are that of hunters.

Maybe it would be best for your friend to answer since he was the one speaking to me, and you were not within range of the VOIP.

Maybe it would be best for your friend to answer since he was the one speaking to me, and you were not within range of the VOIP.

We had radios on, battery and all. Same channel and activated but I didn't say a single word.

Edited by Despina

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

19:41:50 | Player "Despina Vadamus" is connected
21:35:24 | Player "Despina Vadamus" has been disconnected
-DIED-

19:41:39 | Player "Draco Vadam" is connected
21:29:08 | Player "Draco Vadam" has been disconnected
-DIED-

19:16:41 | Player "Matty Mayfire" is connected
-No disconnect log-

19:35:17 | Player "Fyodr Belokov" is connected
21:27:45 | Player "Fyodr Belokov" has been disconnected
-DIED-

21:03:21 | Player "Austin Maverick" is connected
21:27:50 | Player "Austin Maverick" has been disconnected
-DIED-

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

21:26:36 | "Matty Mayfire SHOT Draco Vadam by ShotgunIzh43 into Chest."
21:26:38 | "Austin Maverick SHOT Draco Vadam by AugSteyr into head."
21:26:39 | "Fyodr Belokov SHOT Draco Vadam by AKM into RightArm."
21:26:39 | "Matty Mayfire SHOT Draco Vadam by ShotgunIzh43 into RightArm."
21:26:39 | "Matty Mayfire SHOT Draco Vadam by ShotgunIzh43 into head."
21:26:44 | "Despina Vadamus SHOT Austin Maverick by Winchester70 into head."
21:26:48 | "Despina Vadamus SHOT Fyodr Belokov by Winchester70 into LeftArm."
21:26:48 | "Matty Mayfire SHOT Fyodr Belokov by ShotgunIzh43 into LeftLeg."
21:26:48 | "Matty Mayfire SHOT Fyodr Belokov by ShotgunIzh43 into pelvis."
21:28:10 | "Matty Mayfire SHOT Despina Vadamus by ShotgunIzh43 into LeftArm."

Death Logs:

Spoiler

21:26:39 | Player "Draco Vadam" has been killed by player "Matty Mayfire"
21:26:44 | Player "Austin Maverick" has been killed by player "Despina Vadamus"
21:28:10 | Player "Despina Vadamus" has been killed by player "Matty Mayfire"
21:26:49 | "Fyodr Belokov DIED Blood <= 0"

Text Logs:

Spoiler

21:25:18 | Chat("Draco Vadam"): //was my gun up?
21:25:21 | Chat("Matty Mayfire"): //YES
21:25:27 | Chat("Draco Vadam"): //it's glitched sorry
21:25:29 | Chat("Draco Vadam"): //SORRY
21:25:36 | Chat("Matty Mayfire"): //its alright
21:25:46 | Chat("Draco Vadam"): //Better?
21:25:49 | Chat("Matty Mayfire"): //yes
21:25:54 | Chat("Draco Vadam"): //sorry </3

Calling in @G19RP to post his POV, unlisted allies and any unedited video evidence he may have had. @Draco Vadam too.

If you guys have anything new to add to the report by all means please go ahead, otherwise please avoid cluttering.

Sorry, 

POV: Upon seeing some movement in the NW airfield i told my friend to simply watch over me for the fear of being hit by an infected from behind knocking me out ( Bad past.)  After seeing movement inside the barracks i open up being friendly and saying hey to the person unaware at the time my character was walking into a wall, my friend informed me that i was lagging aiming my gun up in the air when it was not intended too, Normally a re-log can fix this but being in the middle of a RP that was currently not the available, after saying sorry over //ooc and hoping he would understand i was able to make the gun lowered and still tried to talk, asking who is was would he like any food, supplies? Anything for a possible trade of a suppressor, to which case he replies with "No and he wouldn't wanna trade with me anyway, "and just carried on walking away, but he was walking directly in the direction of my friend to which case i was trying to warn him to stop where he was going it's going but he didn't listen. I then told them that if they carried on walking they are going to be walking into a snipers scope! To which case i was then shot upon by an automatic weapon at point blank behind me. Honestly it's more along the line of a RDM which we never intended or wanted. We was fully kitted and happy with our characters going from town to town offering food and water. We have no intentions of robbing or killing but yet this just suddenly happened.. Ironic of the group however. >.>  

*Slam dunks video evidence into report*

The initiation comes just after 5:10 in the video. @Draco Vadam does in fact say "Don't move. If you move you're gonna get shot if you do."

8 minutes ago, DustyRP said:

"Don't move. If you move you're gonna get shot if you do."

Thank you for the video evidence Dusty.

@Draco Vadam Could you care to explain?

You claim there's a sniper, yes? Can you please answer truthfully and tell us, was the sniper you mention, your friend, @Despina?

11 minutes ago, DustyRP said:

*Slam dunks video evidence into report*

The initiation comes just after 5:10 in the video. @Draco Vadam does in fact say "Don't move. If you move you're gonna get shot if you do."

If you heard beforehand he said "you're going to walk into a sniper's scope". That doesn't indicate that it's me, it can indicate a forewarning of an active bandit especially when followed with "you're going to get shot if you do". That doesn't indicate "hey if you keep going you're going to get shot by my sniper" or any sort of indication, all he said is that you're going to walk into a sniper's scope, no claim on whether they're with him or not. You can't immediately take it as a hostile action because he warned you about A sniper's scope, not HIS OVERWATCH OR SNIPER if you're going to go by that logic. So again, the RDM/KoS was not justified whatsoever and even then you were walking towards me in which we would've both ended up just going //ooc and saying that you're ruining the purpose of a roleplaying based server.

He was walking directly into the snipers scope, trying to warn him not to continue moving in that direction. if he didn't then it would of been avoided in all situation. that's still no reason to have a fully automatic weapon shoot at point blank, as i stated a fair few times in that video please don't leave you're going right in the way of a snipers shot. kinda telling him just walk in a different direction, at this point he was near enough to be at point blank for my friend so i tried telling him don't move and yet he just ideally continued, putting us on the fear he might try to harm us, 

I did say that he would get shot if you do and I apologise for it, under the fear of my friend being harmed i was just trying to get anything to make him stop walking the way he was walking (which in a way worked)

However still all we wanted from this was someone to talk to, it's nice to be able to chit chat with someone after walking from town to town barely seeing anyone on this since the map is so big it makes it kinda gotta make use of every moment when you finally find someone. But it's still the fact there was no intention to spare anyone when you opened fire even when you had the upper advantage, At least i tired to talk and avoid situations..

1 minute ago, Draco Vadam said:

I did say that he would get shot if you do and I apologise for it, under the fear of my friend being harmed i was just trying to get anything to make him stop walking the way he was walking (which in a way worked)

I literally told you I had things to do and places to go. If I had bad intentions for you or anybody else in the area, I would have initiated on you already by that time.

Next, you don't just say "If you keep going that way, you're gonna get shot" unless your own intentions are malevolent. It was extremely obvious that you wanted to rob me; you didn't want me to leave at all, and when I made any attempt to leave or say goodbye, you would stall me and delay me from leaving. 

Look, just accept that your plan fell apart and move on. This report is unnecessary. 

I literally told you I had things to do and places to go. If I had bad intentions for you or anybody else in the area, I would have initiated on you already by that time.

Next, you don't just say "If you keep going that way, you're gonna get shot" unless your own intentions are malevolent. It was extremely obvious that you wanted to rob me; you didn't want me to leave at all, and when I made any attempt to leave or say goodbye, you would stall me and delay me from leaving. 

Look, just accept that your plan fell apart and move on. This report is unnecessary. 

What plan?

I already mentioned that Draco Vadam has a reputation on the server itself for being a hunter. Many people we ran into have always been the same scenario, he goes and talks, I am overwatch, he helps and chit chats, he shows them where I am, I meet up with them, we part ways. Rinse and repeat. What would we have gained from trying to do anything to you? If you looked at our weapons and backpacks you could clearly see that we're ill equipped to do any sort of robbing or bandit way. We have pure hunter gear to go around and hunt animals, loot up, and help people. So please, tell me how in the hell we would've been able to do any sort of robbery or bandit tactics.

1 minute ago, G19RP said:

Over the radio I hear that Dusty had run across someone, I move in close to watch. I was behind the barracks listening and watching throughout the event. Upon Dusty getting initiated on, I ran out and opened fire, shortly after Dusty murdered me in cold blood (only a joke calm down). Afterwards I logged off. I have no video evidence.

What initiation? You guys fired first...

13 minutes ago, G19RP said:

"Don't move. If you move you're gonna get shot if you do.",  that's an initiation friendo. I would recommend the rules 8.2 and 8.3.

Ok sure but as I said in my previous reply, there's no indication that he meant me because all he said before that was he's going to walk into a scope of A sniper, not HIS sniper scope. As he said, he was walking directly towards me and we were both in fear of him causing harm so in the panic he started saying whatever would make him stop, which he did. Poor choice of words that causes a misunderstanding yes but that still didn't mean that the KoS was justifiable. Your friend saw me, if that's true and we were trying to rob or cause any sort of threat, why would I even hang that close then with a bolt rifle? We both saw he had a double barrel shotgun, so even if we wanted to rob that shotgun would endanger him more than we could endanger him. Honestly it's starting to sound more like you guys were looking for any sort of reason to kill people with your trigger finger :/

Automatic weapons and shotguns vs bolts + pistols. Kindof obvious how that's going to turn out.

Edited by Despina

10 minutes ago, Despina said:

Ok sure but as I said in my previous reply, there's no indication that he meant me because all he said before that was he's going to walk into a scope of A sniper, not HIS sniper scope.

Okay. So were you the sniper he was implying?

If so, explain why exactly if he kept walking into the vision of your scope that he would get shot please?

Be honest. We don't need any holes digging deeper.

43 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Okay. So were you the sniper he was implying?

If so, explain why exactly if he kept walking into the vision of your scope that he would get shot please?

Be honest. We don't need any holes digging deeper.

Sorry edit because I misunderstood and thought you were asking if he or one of his friends meant me not Draco.

No he wasn’t implying me. He was meaning a nonexisting sniper not wanting the individual to know I was there.

As he said he was trying his best to stop him from walking towards me, and as poor choice of words they were it worked. When we meant vision of scope he was trying to mean it as more of a warning in that there was a Bandit Sniper because we always met people alone. So we assumed that trying to warn him from trying to go towards my direction with the lie of there being a bandit sniper that we had spotted as again we had no knowledge he had others with him.

Never did we meet someone that was highly uncooperative and to what I can understand it was never heard that he said he was in a rush to get somewhere or had things to do because he had been lagging at the moment. I had no intention of firing as my persona is all about avoiding trouble and living off the land through hunting animals. It says that with the character I made even. The whole truth was already stated by myself and Draco himself. We do have a reputation, mainly him, or being hunters and just wanting to interact with people to try to help if we can in any way. All we had were Winchester, Mosin, Red 9, and some 9mm pistol Draco had. No weapons that would be able to instigate any sort of robbery or threat in any way against a shotgun that Draco was right next to or automatic weapons. As a “sniper” I am only there in case someone tries to instigate something towards him or if there are heavy zombie threats. 

TLDR; all we wanted to do was interact as the hunters we were and that’s it. No intention of threatening or causing harm.

Edited by Despina

3 hours ago, Draco Vadam said:

-snip-

I have a question, 

@Draco Vadam, if Dusty was walking towards YOUR sniper, why would you tell him he would be shot? (The implication is he would be shot by your sniper). Why would you say this, knowing full well that you had a sniper watching, if you did not intend to cause hostility?

I have read through the previous responses again and I feel i know the answer to this question, apologies.