S1: Invalid Initiation in NWAF 3/17/2018 08:25

Server and location: S1 NWAF

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 8.25 

Your in game name: Desmond Azadun

Names of allies involved: Corrin Chamberlain

Name of suspect/s: Do not know

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): n/a

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: I was looting NWAF, said person approached me while looting. Told me to put my hands up. No pleasantries or hostilities were exchanged. I complied. Asked if I had allies around, I told him I had one. He asked me to put my hands down and step outside the tent, I complied. Zombies swarmed us. I tried to avoid raising any weapons, but eventually had to defend myself. Corrin ended up running towards us with zombies in tow. He then initiated on her, she pleaded that she was going to pass out soon and that she needed to kill the zombies. I took out a few more zombies. As I holstered my axe, he came up to me and started to say this was all a misunderstanding and I said that it was alright. I pulled out an SKS to kill another zombie running towards me. He unloads his AK into me and I die. 

I have never met him or had a conversation prior to this event. I was held up with no justification. 

EDIT: Added proper full IGN.

EDIT 2: Fixed title formatting.

Edited by yuthee

Wave Carson POV: I had ran into NWAF in hopes of finding people, and I arrived at the tents saw a guy in the tents and initiated, He complied and I asked him do you have any allies and he replied yes. About 30 seconds pass and I hear his ally running towards me and I initiate on her. I had now initiated on both of them. Zombies swarmed us and we got split up and I ran over to the guy I had originally initiated on and told him I was confused, I never said anything about it being a misunderstanding. He then proceeded to pull out his SKS so I shot him because I had felt my life was threatened.     

What was your reason for initiating on me. We have never met nor even a conversation.

I had wanted to quiz you for information. I also needed a bit of food and ammunition. 

My POV: Met up with Desmond after running into him at Severograd after being together earlier. We decided to head to Lopatino to go to sleep and passed the airfield on the way there. I suggested stopping because I needed a gun. While we were there I believe I heard someone telling Desmond not to move. I ran over planning to initiate on him but realized I had been smacked a lot by infected and my screen was now grey. I think the initiator also initiated on me and I told him to hold on because I was dizzy and was being chased by zombies. Ran around in circles rambling and got away while he tried to kill the zombies. As I got into the hill I heard a lot of gunshots(presumably him killing Desmond.) Neither of us has met him as far as I know and there was no conversation or lead up to the initiation. 

If you need anything else please let me know.

@yuthee please read the report posting rules and update the title of the report while I see about getting the logs pulled for this report.

If anyone has any video evidence to go along with their POV (twitch stream, youtube link, shadowplay. etc.) please post that when you can. No edits or tampering with the footage (jump cuts, cutting off the beginning or end. messing with the audio, adding captions) is permitted. 

Connection:

Spoiler

07:49:26 | Player "Desmond Azadun" is connected (id=)
08:45:00 | Player "Desmond Azadun"(id=) has been disconnected

06:02:45 | Player "Corrin Chamberlin" is connected (id=)
09:14:20 | Player "Corrin Chamberlin"(id=) has been disconnected

07:44:12 | Player "Wave Carson" is connected (id=)
09:09:15 | Player "Wave Carson"(id=) has been disconnected

Hit logs:

Spoiler

08:13:46 | "Wave Carson(uid=) SHOT Desmond Azadun(uid=) by AK74 into Chest."

Death logs:

Spoiler

08:13:46 | Player "Desmond Azadun"(id=) has been killed by player "Wave Carson"(id=)

Chat:

Spoiler

N/A

All parties listed are present and accounted for when it comes to POVs. If anyone has any video evidence, uploading that would be fantastic.

@stage, @Cthuluz & @yuthee just to double check,

Do any of you have any video evidence that may help to shed some light on this situation?

5 hours ago, stage said:

No need to apologies. Just keep an eye out on the report if any further questions are to be asked. Thank you.

Verdict:

@Cthuluz [Invalid Initiation / BadRP]: Inconclusive. [Invalid Kill]: Not Guilty.

Explanation:

To recap this situation, @stage and @yuthee are looting up NWAF when eventually yuthee bumps into @Cthuluz. From what we can tell, Cthuluz initiates and proceeds to rob yuthee. Swarmed by zombies, @stage eventually finds the two of them, hearing demands being made. As she is running around, more zombies are attacted in the attempts to get rid of them. @Cthuluz initiates on stage, to which she pleads to get rid of the zombies as she will pass out. A short while later she runs away, hearing a few more gunshots as yuthee is killed by Cthuluz.

@stage despite you presenting video evidence, it doesn't show a whole lot regarding the RP or the initiation of this situation. There's very little that is shown other than the cluster-fuck of zombies in the tents and you running away. @Cthuluz states in his PoV that part of his reasoning to initiate was because "I also needed a bit of food and ammunition. ". We have no evidence to suggest otherwise, and initiating because of a necessity for ammunition and food is not an invalid reason to rob somebody. As the PoV's conflict, and there's little video evidence to show what actually happened we have to regard the initiation and the BadRP claims as inconclusive.  

Now onto the potential invalid kill. Here from what we have, the OP states in his PoV "I pulled out an SKS to kill another zombie running towards me. He unloads his AK into me and I die. " You pulled out a rifle, not your axe again, which is an action easily associated with non-compliance. We cannot fault the accused for shooting you in this situation. A rifle is potentially very dangerous, and the fact you pulled out an SKS over the axe makes you look far more threatening to the accused. We have found the accused not guilty because of this. 

Outcome:

@Cthuluz [Invalid Initiation / BadRP]: No punishment. [Invalid Kill]: No Punishment.

Verdict by @Para & @Stagsview.