Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 21:46
Sign in to follow this  
Taryn

Namalsk Map for .63 (Plus bonus dev stream recap)

Someone gave me this video. 

Listening to this interview and watching the footage...

I'm pretty hyped tbh.

BONUS:

.63 Dev stream abridged below

Spoiler

snow?!?! i can return to my canadian climate.

gonna be really nice pair with the winter hunting outfit. the s n o w sniper

Fake news

fake news, you say?

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.11e17d9288d9f9fdfe9d6840de54354a.jpg

the only meme of that cunt i actually like

Edited by Whitename

Once we get modding back maybe we'll see the return of the Bloodsuckers.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Taviana is where its at Namalsk was too small, couldnt hide my loot anywhere good :trolle:

Id be more hyped for a new map tbh. 

24 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Taviana is where its at Namalsk was too small, couldnt hide my loot anywhere good :trolle:

Id be more hyped for a new map tbh. 

In the video, he says the map is MUCH larger than the original map. 

Namalsk is dope

I loved Namalsk in mod but it was more of a PVP map than Chernarus due to the little towns/cities. Excited to see if this actually gets into standlone though

Time to freeze my balls off, how fun

Namalsk would be great for RP in many ways, I could imagine a high toxicity/radiation level, exclusion zones, and a higher infected presence. RP would definitely need to be more hostile in such a desolate place, I fucking love Namalsk and just thinking about it brings back memories.

Taviana would be the better map for RP, those massive cities and highways were great, plus the massive volcano for extra RP opportunites!

With base building, namalsk is a great option for seclusionary lore. Imagine a story of a group of people who migrated to Namalsk to escape the infection but it followed and shit hit the fan short after. It woukd be great for @PCJames story setting as well?

So if a Namalsk server is set up, would it take place in the same canon as the Chernarus server?

I think it would be pretty neat if we had events or even characters from Chernarus carry over to and effect Namalsk, and vice-versa.

It would definitely make the world feel a bit bigger, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Jman14102 said:

So if a Namalsk server is set up, would it take place in the same canon as the Chernarus server?

I think it would be pretty neat if we had events or even characters from Chernarus carry over to and effect Namalsk, and vice-versa.

It would definitely make the world feel a bit bigger, in my opinion.

If that was an option we Would need a server cooldown for travel purposes. It wouldnt be a 5 min trip. It would be a one day trip on foot, maybe more. 

8 minutes ago, Taryn said:

If that was an option we Would need a server cooldown for travel purposes. It wouldnt be a 5 min trip. It would be a one day trip on foot, maybe more. 

Well, Namalsk is an island. So you would need either a plane, helicopter, or boat to get there.

That would probably lead to greater diversity in group roles, and give them a greater-scope tangible goal to work towards to. 

Adding to that, the goals will probably get even more diverse in the future if maps like Taviana, Utes, and the like get added (Though that falls down to server population, logistics, and everything else).

Yay. Namalsk already has a pre-written Lore that is more coherent and exciting than the A2 devs ever did for Chernarus. It's really cool and involves this secret corporation and all the usual NATO and Russian stuff minus the typical NATO intervention and Russian invasion. 

Hope the server pop would last though 

.63 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Snow would be a really fun environment to play in, and the Namalsk map does it pretty good. My only concern is how will servers like DayZRP rotate maps will it need a new server or what, cause there is no way they are going to make it into one giant map?

7 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Snow would be a really fun environment to play in, and the Namalsk map does it pretty good. My only concern is how will servers like DayZRP rotate maps will it need a new server or what, cause there is no way they are going to make it into one giant map?

Namalsk is a totally separate map, yes. Map selection will for sure be a setting server owners will get to choose. My guess is we’ll either have Chernarus, Namalsk AND Chernarus on 2 servers. But we’re also planning on having one .62 and one .63 server as well. You won’t see Namalsk on DayZRP for a while after its  release of you ask me