Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 01:32
Sign in to follow this  
Whitename

Move to .63 experimental ASAP

Would you like to see the server move to 0.63 experimental, as long as any major bugs are squished?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

As the title implies. I saw a question by @Corey of whether or not we'd be moving to .63, so I made a poll. 

Lots of discussion and debate inbound. Personally, I'd like for us to move to experimental ASAP as long as there are no gamebreaking issues

Once .63 goes experimental a lot of the playerbase is going to try and divide their time between the two versions, and of course .62 is just gonna seem awful compared to .63, so there is less incentive to return to DayZRP 0.62 

Hash it out, no sick memes

Edited by Whitename

Share this post


Link to post

No, I dont want to play an even more broken version of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Prince said:

No, I dont want to play an even more broken version of the game.

I see where you're coming from. theres a lot of bugs in the livestream, including a crash, but hopefully anything too gamebreaking is removed before release

also no vehicles. thats just gonna suck

BUT there are some pros, mostly on the RP side. theres bloodied hands, more emotes, more realistic player controller, i dunno. might be worth

Share this post


Link to post

I think, why not... we can always switch back to 0.62 stable right? So why not try it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Prince said:

No, I dont want to play an even more broken version of the game.

pessimism

 

 

[pes-uh-miz-uh m] 
 
noun
1.
the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only bad or undesirableoutcomes, results, conditions, problems, etc.:
His pessimism about the future of our country depresses me.
2.
the doctrine that the existing world is the worst of all possible worlds,or that all things naturally tend to evil.
3.
the belief that the evil and pain in the world are not compensated forby goodness and happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, TheTrueHawk said:

[pes-uh-miz-uh m] 

Always expect the worst and you will never be disappointed

Share this post


Link to post

This has my vote.

But really, it depends on the state of the Experimental when it releases. If it's broken to the point of it being a downgrade from the current version, I say hold off and wait a bit. But if it is good and fine and ready for playing from the get-go, I say go for it.

Edited by Jman14102

Share this post


Link to post

If we still have S2 leased could we run .63 on that and keep S1 as it is?

Share this post


Link to post

+1, no harm in trying is there? 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Stradic said:

If we still have S2 leased could we run .63 on that and keep S1 as it is?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, S1 for .62, and S2 for .63

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Stradic said:

If we still have S2 leased could we run .63 on that and keep S1 as it is?

I said the same thing like 20 mins ago, but then I just realized that likely wouldn't work. S1 and S2 shared hives, I doubt we would be able to have a shared hive

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, TheTrueHawk said:

sick memes

 

i said no sick memes

Share this post


Link to post

I personally am fine with separate hives.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh god no. This is just asking for trouble! DayZRP's server has stability issues as it is, it would be wise not to add to it.

Share this post


Link to post

I disagree @Empress Julia

1.  There's nothing game-breaking that can come in experimental that we haven't dealt with a thousand times before on previous patches.

2.  While it would for certain be glitchy and full of bugs, it would still be different, new, and interesting and not the same shit we've been playing for  the last stagnant 7 months.

3.  Like its been said, if it is absolutely unplayable we can just switch back.

Your welcome.

 

Edited by Crim

Share this post


Link to post

Each hive is directly connected to the owner of the server's version of the game. So when that version is updated the server version is also updated. Found this out when hosting a server, no one could play until I updated my version of Dayz. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Crim said:

I disagree @Empress Julia

1.  There's nothing game-breaking that can come in experimental that we haven't dealt with a thousand times before on previous patches.

2.  While it would for certain be glitchy and full of bugs, it would still be different, new, and interesting and not the same shit we've been playing for  the last stagnant 7 months.

3.  Like its been said, if it is absolutely unplayable we can just switch back.

Your welcome.

 

this. we've dealt with bullshit before, and we'll deal with it again, even if we wait for stable

Share this post


Link to post

Like mentioned before there is no harm in trying. I hope that we will be switching to .63 when it is released and that there will be no major bugs/glitches.

Share this post


Link to post

No thanks, I'll stick to 0.62 STABLE until 0.63 becomes stable... I have waited this long, I can wait longer...

Share this post


Link to post

Waiting until 0.63 hits stable would be the best thing to do. If we make the server run off of an experimental build then there will be alot more restarts and patches people will have to fight through to be able to get in game.
That in addition to all of the possible crashes and the lack of available content until the full 0.63 release.

 

I say just keep it to 0.62 until 0.63 is done and up on stable.

Edited by Zilly

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Zilly said:

Waiting until 0.63 hits stable would be the best thing to do. If we make the server run off of an experimental build then there will be alot more restarts and patches people will have to fight through to be able to get in game.
That in addition to all of the possible crashes and the lack of available content until the full 0.63 release.

 

I say just keep it to 0.62 until 0.63 is done and up on stable.

We can always revert back. My primary point is that we already deal with bullshit, and there's more bullshit waiting for us in stable and experimental. Not only that but DayZRP'ers are gonna at least try .63, and then trying to go back to .62 will be quite hard

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Whitename said:

We can always revert back. My primary point is that we already deal with bullshit, and there's more bullshit waiting for us in stable and experimental. Not only that but DayZRP'ers are gonna at least try .63, and then trying to go back to .62 will be quite hard

We could give it a go, of course. Hell it might be super stable as far as Exp. builds go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Zilly said:

We could give it a go, of course. Hell it might be super stable as far as Exp. builds go. 

Exactly! :) I'm so ready lmao

Share this post


Link to post

Another issue I see is if we take DayZRP to exp, we're going to lose the proper bump in activity we would get by the time stable releases. If we wait till stable, there will be more "hype" for lack of a better word.

Release on a half broken exp, people will just get mad and stop again. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...