Server time (UTC): 2020-01-24, 18:39 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zanaan

Twitch embed on front page

Was thinking itd be neat if there was a twitch player on the front page for the Dayzrp twitch where admin could host various streamers currently streaming dayzrp and could also have the ask the admins playing directly from the site. 

It would both promote streamers that stream the game, as well as give a window to the community or potential applicants into seeing what RP is currently like on the server. 

This sounds like a good idea. I would support this. 

My problem with streaming and DayZ is than more often than not DayZ streams (especially role playing ones) are extremely boring. It's watching a running simulator, with occasional initiation in between. It's not something that looks attractive or gives that "oh, I want to play this" feeling to potential new players who may be visiting the website (and they almost always land on front page). I very much prefer creating and supporting edited YouTube videos where all the running and OOC talk on TS has been cut out and all you get is the essential role play, with fights etc.

Another problem is that embedding more media on the front page will make it load much slower, if you visit it often (like I do), it will get quite annoying to have a stream load every time you go there.

2 minutes ago, Rolle said:

My problem with streaming and DayZ is than more often than not DayZ streams (especially role playing ones) are extremely boring. It's watching a running simulator, with occasional initiation in between. It's not something that looks attractive or gives that "oh, I want to play this" feeling to potential new players who may be visiting the website (and they almost always land on front page). I very much prefer creating and supporting edited YouTube videos where all the running and OOC talk on TS has been cut out and all you get is the essential role play, with fights etc.

Another problem is that embedding more media on the front page will make it load much slower, if you visit it often (like I do), it will get quite annoying to have a stream load every time you go there.

kinda like going to the twitch homepage and having somebody's dank league of legends stream annihilate your eardrums

I like the idea but definitely not on the homepage. I would rather have a "DayZRP Streams" option under the "Community" menu and that page could have links to dayzrp twitch streams, or maybe even have them embedded if that's possible. However, like Rolle said often these streams can be quite boring to run and meet up with people or searching for folks to RP with, but sometimes it can be pretty exciting in brief bursts.

12 minutes ago, Skinner said:

I like the idea but definitely not on the homepage. I would rather have a "DayZRP Streams" option under the "Community" menu and that page could have links to dayzrp twitch streams, or maybe even have them embedded if that's possible. However, like Rolle said often these streams can be quite boring to run and meet up with people or searching for folks to RP with, but sometimes it can be pretty exciting in brief bursts.

Yeah, embedded stream under Community menu would work imo... I mean they do not have to have instant livefeed but rather just streamers Avatars popping up with the word LIVE... and if offline dissapear from page or go into OFFLINE mode...

depends on design, but I agree, it would be cool.

Edited by Shanoby