Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 18:40
Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

'Consistency'

So recently a friend of mine has been put on final for showing factual information to do with sexual orientation preference, it wasn't targeting anyone but non the less it's been deemed not allowed on the forums, due to it being labelled as 'offensive'. Once again, someone I know posted a Finnish song that is linked to the Nazi party, they were given 10 points.. Because again, it's not allowed.

But someone is allowed to have a profile theme of someone who leads the Swedish Democrats, whom have 'formerly expressed strong support for the ideology of Nazism'. The party has also been linked to rather large amount of racism, but I'll let you indulge yourselves into that research because otherwise I might be here for a while.

My question is, when it comes to the first two listed and the profile that someone has.. Where is the 'consistency' that the Staff team are always preaching about in appeals and in the forums in general?

I too am ABSOLUTELY baffled. I would love to know as well!

And I'm in staff! Ha!

-snip snip-

Very good question, actually.

This one seems to be for the admins in particular.

@Rolle @Aiko @Spartan @Oliv

Good question.

The final one there is squat for an issue with, this is a poor example. That final was delivered after several status updates were posted and the message wasn't getting across. Maybe we're thinking of different ones, but I doubt it.

Actual Nazi songs, I don't think anyone would have a problem with us pointing that.

The rest of it, I dunno man, I was trying to eat dinner so I missed all that.

2 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Didn't quite answer anything there, I'm asking where the consistency is for allowing this kind of shit on the forums. Not how many times something was posted.

Edited by Mexi

There is no consistency between the two, you're comparing two completely different things. And the things you've read about SD is just a misinformation and fake news, SD are not nazis or racists, they're nationalists. There's a huge difference between the two.

In the end what is or isn't allowed on my website is decided by me, one controversial thing can be fine, while others will be not. Some things are bad and toxic, some are mild and harmless - in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Rolle said:

'The party has its roots in Swedish fascism and was a part of the white supremacy movement in the late-1980s initially, it was characterized by right-wing extremism and activism. Among the founding party officials were several people that had formerly expressed strong support for the ideology of Nazism.'

I guess we'll ignore that though, thanks for the clear answer.

Edited by Mexi

13 minutes ago, Rolle said:

And the things you've read about SD is just a misinformation and fake news, SD are not nazis or racists, they're nationalists.

I just did a relatively short google search and have found multiple sources linking them to Nazi ideology within the party and even one of the original auditors of the party was a SS officer, so I don't really believe that is an entirely true / factual statement that you have made here, I am all about calling out fake news when I see it but this seems to be real news.  Not to mention the numbers of leaders of the party that have had to resign due to racism and what not. 

Edited by Hebee