Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 20:12 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman

Sverograd Hospital [117.95MhZ - Open Frequency]

*The frequency would be filled with near endless static - before a slight *Snick* sound would be heard, and the silence broken by a soft spoken Chernarussian accent. The crackling of  a campfire could be heard, along with the twittering of birds behind the woman's voice*

"Ajoy, South Zagoria - and..well, i'm not too used to speaking like this, openly on the radio, so don't expect a too long rant about some group or one another. I am instead hoping to use this broadcast as a plea for assistance of sorts...and hopefully, to convince others to simply leave the place alone - but I digress. My name is Kara, and I am trying to get the Hospital in Sverograd up and running in some way, shape or form as to provide more advanced treatment to needing survivors - outside of simply stitches or bandaging superficial wounds. Those few of you out there that know me personally, are quite aware that it's going to be one hell of a challenge to even get power restored. Let alone staff such a place with what few medical professionals we have left in the country, and have enough supplies to tend to the sick and wounded competently - but, I know for a fact things aren't going to get any better if we just keep shooting at each other.

While the hospital is not in a truly serviceable state - I can certainly operate out of it to perform more simple procedures - so that means no forms of advanced open surgery, without significant risk of infection. But I will say this - I care not what cause you fight for, nor what group you side with. If you are in need, and have not wronged me - you will be welcome to seek treatment here. However I am just one woman, and I am only a nurse myself - any volunteers or donations of supplies and equipment would be a godsend to getting this place on it's feet once more.

I hope to hear from people soon. Be safe, and take care Survivors."

*And with that, the radio would fall silent, into background static once more*

Shortly after, a male with a local sounding accent seems to reply, although briefly, hints of another more European accent can make it through at times

<:: Ahem. Dobrý den.... I usually do not venture into that region and still wonder what draws all kinds of people North. But maybe I can assist you in collecting certain goods that I may find upon my travels and scavenging runs, miss. I'm afraid I'm no doctor and cannot aid you directly beyond trying to obtain supplies or maybe directing people in need I find to you. But beggars can't be choosers, right? As I can't visit regularly, I suggest we keep in contact over the radio and you announce if you look for specific materials that I then can try to obtain. We can also discuss this somewhere more private over the radio waves, if you prefer, over.

Click.

*The muffle of the radio from within his bag was enough to wake Reed up, curious regardless, he would scoff and pull out the radio to listen in on the chatter, he quickly picked up on the conversation, sighing a bit as he listened in. The woman's voice carried across the valley Reed has stupidly decided to stop in, disturbing the birds roosting in the trees above. The broadcast completed, Reed would sit there for a while, formulating a response in his head, feeling somewhat obliged to help out somehow.*

*He would press the PTT and transmit, he would have a London accent, his voice deep, rough and a bit nasally, but kind and genuine regardless.*

"Hello?... Hi... names Reed..."

*A Pause*

"You intentions are... shit well... humble, I uhh... Its definitely a difficult feat, your gonna need a lot of shit to get it sorted."

*Another Pause*

"I mean... I know about a few bits and bobs that could help, I'm talking portable means of replacing far gone equipment and a lack of... well... constant power."

*A final pause.*

"You could use generators, but you cant risk a power loss mid surgery... I can help out I suppose... even if its just a bit of info..."

*He would cut the transmission and lean back against the hilly undergrowth, content with the thought of perhaps helping.*

Quinn as always was sitting on her roof in Severograd with Dimitri, hearing Kara's voice in the broadcast she remembered meeting her previously and the talk they had with one another.

"Dimitri, I hope she didn't hear my broadcast, when, you know? When Louie made me lie? I hope a lot didn't..." - Quinn looked at the bar then to Dimitri, smiling she pressed down the PTT.

"Kara! How goes be? I haven't been around much because, well, I got myself into some bother, trying to recover, as per-usual..." - Quinn smiling, she paused for a moment.

"Glad to see you are committed to the hospital! Warms my heart to see the good you are doing, I will be making sure to help and assist when need!" - She looked down in thought.

"Hope to see you soon!" - Quinn released the PTT.

Edited by Josei

Guest Beni

*Benny presses the PTT button*

" Afternoon gents,

Apparently you're setting up a hospital in Servero? Going off what you're saying...
Well you're going to need some supplies... Look no further.

*Adjusts the radio*

I can provide you with most of the things you need... For a price.

Anything, from morphine, to bandages.

Anything mate.

*Pause*

Always remember,

Benny's Workshop,
We Make It You Take It.

*The radio would fall silent*

Edited by Beni

24 minutes ago, Combine said:

-Snip-

*Slumping down against the wall in one of the hospital's consultant offices, Kara would depress the PTT, having just arrived back from a scavenging run - her voice somewhat flustered, as if still catching her breath*

"It is good to hear that there are fellow survivors who think for others rather than just themselves - In all honesty, I cannot really give you a list, as I am requiring anything and everything, Especially broad spectrum Antibiotics such as Tetracycline and even basic painkillers like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol that would help keep swelling down. Morphine, bandages, Gauze...honestly you cannot really have enough of any.

I am also tempted to utilise Gas powered lanterns to supplement any liquid fuel generator - however - there is a Hydroelectric dam in Svergino I believe - Anyone with engineering experience or expertise would be much appreciated - as, while it couldn't give us much more than emergency lighting - it is certainly more than nothing."

4 minutes ago, Harvey said:

-snip

"And in all honesty Sir, Any help is appreciated, even a few words of wisdom, gathering supplies or just assisting in reconstruction"

3 minutes ago, Beni said:

-Snip-

"And to you Mr Benny, I would gladly like to meet with you, potentially discussing a trading contract or something that would encourage a constant delivery of medical supplies to the Hospital - or even a one off delivery is better than nothing, Ano?

And it's good to hear from you too Quinn! Hopefully we'll all be seeing eachother soon - Take care all"

*And with that, she would release the PTT button, with a slight *snick* sound, and the radio would fall silent once again*

Guest Beni
2 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

"And to you Mr Benny, I would gladly like to meet with you, potentially discussing a trading contract or something that would encourage a constant delivery of medical supplies to the Hospital - or even a one off delivery is better than nothing, Ano?

*Benny presses the PTT button*

Yes, I'm sure that could be arranged.

I will come to you, I'll see you at the hospital at some point this week.

Best of luck.

*Eric's voice would sound calm and professional.*

Ms. Kara was it? My name is Dr. Eric Grieves of the VDC. I'm currently tending to other matters that require my attention, but I'm radioing you to inform you that I would like to arrange a meeting with you in the next day or two. In the meantime if you need to to consult me about any of your patients feel free to contact me anytime. I have several years of experience in emergency medicine and I am more than willing to share my expertise. I'll be monitoring this frequency for the next day or two until the issues I'm taking care of have been resolved. I hope you have a pleasant day and I'll be in touch soon. Grieves, over and out.

*He would release the PTT and slip the radio back into his pocket.*

*Isaac walked on the concrete road, looking to the both sides as he went on, jerry can in other hand and pistol in another. Buzzing of his radio interrupted him from his observations for a while as he walked almost past his first stash hidden in water pipe in a ditch. He set the can down on the ground and sat on in listening on Kara speaking. After the transmission ended he weighed the radio on his hand before pressing the PTT*

"Hi Kara... It's Syg. Last night we talked little bit about the problem with acquisition of either generators or other ways of producing electricity. I don't know how good idea it would be, but north-west from Novaya..." *He lets the ptt go for a moment as he digs out the map with alot of markings from the pouch of his vest and opening it before trailing his finger on the map.* "Novaya Petrovka is the big military base up there, and as me and my squa... Friends were charting around the remaining assets I saw half busted towed generator in the base. It lacked some internal parts as damaged and one tire. But with little bit of mechanic knowledge and some makeshift parts I bet it could be made up and operational. And well, a truck to tow it to the city. As for some of other important things to acquire is clean water. Pure clean water. I would suggest water gathers built on the roof as it's basically closest I can think of to make one which can't be contaminated by the infected." *He depresses the ptt and pulls out the drybag from the pipe putting in some ammunition and taking out food in exchange. After he stuffs the food in his pack and showing the drybag back in the pipe he presses the ptt again.* "Also, I think that best way to fix out the windows is either boarding half of them shut and other covered with tarp's from military tents or other rubber sheets you can find. Heh... Unless you find some nice construction worker to help you out... I'm little sorry that I can't help you out... atleast yet... Good luck... You are going to need it. Syg... Out." *He sighs heavily and stands up throwing the backpack on and lifting the canister on his hand before continuing his long and futile journey up north.*

Guest Beni

*Benny Presses the PTT button*

" Hello,

Are you available tonight? I'm in the area.

*The distant twittering of birds accompanied by the chirps of insects could be heard as the evening was gradually drawing in, Kara would lean back against an old chestnut tree, before eventually removing her radio from her pack, and depressing the PTT button with a light *snick* sound, she would begin speaking*

"I apologise for not responding to you all sooner, however you caught me mid-scavving run, seeking fresh supplies and the like. Doctor Grieves - I would be especially grateful of any expertise you might grant me, and will be sure to be in touch as soon as humanly possible - as I will be around Sverograd for the next few days - but it's only a matter of time between when I will be here, or elsewhere - looking for supplies and the such. I suppose it is something we should have to organise - Ano? 

Syg - it is good to hear your voice again and I pray your journey has been swift and uneventful - But thank you so much for keeping an eye out for a Generator for me- and I'll do what I can to get it to the Hospital as soon as possible - though thank you for the tips about fortifications and construction - like water gatherers on the roof - however, purification tablets are a good temporary solution and HEPA filters - if we could get our hands on a few of them in good condition - could easily provide a means of water purification too. Thank you for the wish of luck though, Be safe ano?

And to Mr Benny, Ano - I will be around Sverograd tonight. Hopefully see you soon, I'll be around the Hospital"

*And with that, the radio would fall silent as Kara hauled herself to her feet, continuing on her journey back towards town*

cullen's irish accent comes over the waves, it sounds as if he is well hung over. its tone gruff and raspy.

"Aye, lass. i was down there today. very impressive. i have a few friends that are trained in the medicine department. i also will drop off any serious medical stuff i come across. I'll get word to some folk of mine see if they can help out in anyway. if a man named alex camille comes by. he is a friendly well traveled man. God bless and good luck."

*Eric would finish packing up various things before pulling his radio out and pressing the PTT. His tone would be professional as usual.*

Ms. Kara? It's Grieves here. I should be able to make my way to Severograd either tonight or tomorrow night. Let me know if you think you'll be in the area.

*He would release the PTT and slip his radio back in his pocket before beginning his travels.*

*Sitting down at one of the desks at the Hospital, Kara would withdraw her scratched old Short Wave Radio, and depressed the PTT button as to begin speaking*

"Good Evening, South Zagoria. I wish I could be speaking of the hospital being in full operation, but sadly it is not so just yet. We are still working on getting power restored, however - the plans for now are to utilise gas lanterns and other means of lighting for now, so any donations of such kind would be highly appreciated.

I have also noticed people helping themselves to the medical supplies stored within one of the tents - often times after long days of having scavenged for such items - saline, blood testing kits, hell, even whole swathes of bandages have gone missing in a single day. I do not mind people helping themselves to what they need, however it is making my job all the harder to perform while the hospital is thin on supplies as it is. As a rule of thumb, please only take what you need and leave something in return - and I would be most grateful.

Secondly, I am also proud to announce I have managed to secure the aid of three volunteers at the hospital - and while I am entirely thankful for the aid they have provided thus far - I can always do with more help, and furthermore, any donations would be greatly appreciated. Furthermore - anyone with engineering expertise would also be of great help with a few of my ideas to restore power to the hospital in a more permanent manner.

And that Is all for today...well, i can't really think of much else to say other than stay safe out there guys - and don't be afraid to drop in - I try and be around as often as I can, yet I can only be at one place at any one time. Take care all."

*And with that, the radio fell silent once more*

Sign in to follow this