Server time: 2019-03-22, 00:56 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roland

DayZRP rule changes - March 2018

7 minutes ago, Shazzzam said:

Didn't @Rolle said something up there in the earlier posts, something on the line of: "We gave a chance to what you guys want now but it got abused too much so too late :trolle: "

I mean the old ways got abused a lot that's why they are gone. Not because anyone wants to limit you for no God damn reason. Many people kept abusing the shit out of the old rules so it was decided they got limited even further to fix things. I mean, people were given a chance to learn and fix their style of RP, but they chose to keep abusing, so here you go.

At least this is how I understand all of this happening, maybe I'm wrong.

he probably did, i just cant be arsed to read 8 pages of shite

On 3/13/2018 at 9:36 PM, Whitename said:

There's more RP if you initiate on them and have a standoff

@Gamemasters if you initiate on somebody who initiated on your non-offical-grouped friend, and you initiate on them to defend your friend, the hostage can be killed right?

If a friend of yours get taken captive, and he is a fully complying hostage and listens to all of their demands they wouldn't receive kill rights even if the hostage's friend initiates on them. If that is what you are asking for. The only way for someone to receive kill rights on a hostage is if the hostage isn't complying with the given demands or if the hostage takers have execution rights on the person.

Just now, Strawberry said:

If a friend of yours get taken captive, and he is a fully complying hostage and listens to all of their demands they wouldn't receive kill rights even if the hostage's friend initiates on them. If that is what you are asking for. The only way for someone to receive kill rights on a hostage is if the hostage isn't complying with the given demands or if the hostage takers have execution rights on the person.

right, i reread the rules on hostilities. i thought if the negotiators are hostile the hostage can die, but it specifically says shots have to be fired. yeet

thanks dad

On 3/12/2018 at 7:46 AM, Rolle said:

As announced previously, here are the new major rule changes for 2018. The main goal with these changes is to create more balanced experience on the server, where the role play is not dominated by one side and other role play styles are being suppressed because of it. We hope that these changes will bring focus back to running large successful groups that affect the lore and all players on the server, allow a revitalization for new and old ways of role play, and restrict even further abusive and unfair hostile role play and PvP.

We expect a large influx of new group ideas after this change, please be patient as we will not be accepting all of them at once - that would make the whole point of balancing the server through official groups pointless. This goes especially to openly hostile groups. We want to accept some groups and see where on the scale between good and bad they are, so that the next group added doesn't shift the scale too much in either direction. If we approved a bunch of groups at once, we could end up with an unbalanced mess that we have now and as we know, approving groups is much easier than unapproving them which usually causes a lot of drama and accusations of bias.

Highlights of the new rule changes:

• Core values have been added to the rule page. These alone should give you an idea about what is or isn't desired in this community, both in game when role playing as well as when interacting with other members on TS or forums.
  • Merging and move of some rules, to remove duplicates and better suit the rules nature with main category.
  • Removal of dynamic groups and introduction of official groups and all benefits or restrictions that come with it. This change was significant enough to warrant a whole new section in the rules, see point 7. Also introduction of group wars, let the games begin.
  • Added griefing rule, that should clarify for some that despawning an entire camp because "I don't like that guy on the forums" is a big no no
  • Added event rules, all official events are now protected by rules unless specified otherwise by the event organizer, so that we can have nice things once in a while
  • Minor rewording or clarifications that do not change spirit of the rules, but rather explain it in a way that is easier to understand.

TL;DR for the impatient:

• You MAY NOT share kill rights with other players unless both of you are in the same official, approved group. If you are not in an official group - you are now on your own.
  • You MAY NOT attack other players without a proper justification that comes from in game role play or radio chat forum. You may not use an excuse that your group or character is super evil bandit and their story justifies being hostile. It must be role played out and the role play lead to a hostile situation, not just written down somewhere on a nice character page or group thread!
  • You MAY NOT destroy camps, vehicles, tents etc of other players for OOC reasons
  • You MAY NOT sabotage, interrupt or attack any official events or its participants (official events are the ones that have a banner on the top of the website), unless the event organizer has said it's ok.
  • You MUST be a nice community member, play fair when in game, focus on role play and be respectful towards other players on the forums and TS.
  • You SHOULD help to make DayZRP a better and more interesting place to role play in, by contributing through creating interesting groups that forward the lore, organizing events or creating a player hotspot in game.

Here is a full changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

Rule 0 section - added core values to rules
Rule 2.2 and 2.3 - Merged old rules 2.2 and 2.3 into 2.2. Then. rule 2.2 and 2.3 switched places (good luck following that, lol)
Rule 2.4 - Removed old rule 2.4 - same as 2.1
Rule 6.1 - Split into 6.1 and 6.2, to reflect that hostile actions must have proper justification
Rule 6.8 - Added new rule 6.8 - griefing
Rule 7 section - Inserted new rule section 7. Groups. All rules from here and down have been moved 1 step down, so old rule 7 is now 8, 8 is 9, etc.
Rule 8 - changed rule explanation
Rule 8.2 and 8.3 - Changed rule 8.2 and 8.3 to reflect removal of dynamic groups
Rule 8.6 - Moved rules 10.4 and 10.5 to rule 8.6 and shortened it
Rule 10 section - Reworded rule explanation
Rule 10.1 and 10.2 - Split old rule 9.1 into two - 10.1 and 10.2
Rule 10.4 and 10.5 - Moved rules 10.4 and 10.5 to rule 8.6 and shortened it
Rule 12.5 - Changed wording
Rule 15 section - added new Event rule section

The rule changes have been highlighted with green color on the rule page.

There will be without a doubt a lot of questions and clarifications needed with such a large change of how we are allowed to play, so feel free to ask questions and leave feedback. I am unsure myself how some of the new rules will work in game and play out, that remains to be seen if this change is for better or worse.

The rule changes go live immediately. As always with the new rules, we shall try to be a little more lenient for the first week or so where the rule breaks were caused by accidental misunderstanding of the rules.

• You MAY NOT share kill rights with other players unless both of you are in the same official, approved group. If you are not in an official group - you are now on your own.

I agree with everything BUT this. If i travel with someone for hours and hours, or meet up with a very old friend of mine, or its my roleplay brother, and someone kills, robs, or otherwise harms them in anyway, it's really unrealistic for my character not to want to do something about it. I'm interested to hear any counter-arguments though.

3 minutes ago, WaveSayHi said:

I'm interested to hear any counter-arguments though.

Then you are good on reading what was posted in this thread before. For example this

On 3/12/2018 at 4:46 AM, Rolle said:

Rule 6.8 - Added new rule 6.8 - griefing

Does this rule mean that you cannot steal from random tents? A lot of people believe this is the case (because "damaging" means stealing) but the way I read it was that you can't despawn shit from people's tents

10 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Does this rule mean that you cannot steal from random tents? A lot of people believe this is the case (because "damaging" means stealing) but the way I read it was that you can't despawn shit from people's tents

You can steal things for yourself, but if you take things out of the tent/barrel just to make them despawn on purpose, it's griefing. Also, if you get caught stealing from a tent the owner gets KoS rights on you, so there's that to think about.

Edited by SomeWeirdAssGuy

1 minute ago, SomeWeirdAssGuy said:

You can steal things for yourself, but if you take things out of the tent/barrel just to make them despawn on purpose, it's griefing. Also, if you get caught stealing from a tent the owner gets KoS rights on you, so there's that to think about.

That's what I thought. Just makin sure

how to improve RP on the server: Stop being a shithead and actually try to just "have fun" instead of being a party-rule abusive pooper