Server time: 2018-09-21, 03:01

Roland

DayZRP rule changes - March 2018

I like what is being brought into this month. I always like the old ways of making large successful groups.  

Looks good! 

nice, shouldn't be too hard to get used to the new rules.

Good stuff. :)

Happy to finally see some rules about group wars.

Nice! Looks pretty good :) 

Looks good to me going to be an interesting few days or so when we all get used to the new changes but it will iron its self out 

Let's see how that turns out...

This is all a trail right?

3 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Let's see how that turns out...

This is all a trail right?

Technically everything is a trial until it is changed :D But yes, we intend to evaluate how these changes will affect role play and check if it's for the better (less salt, less mindless hostility, more constructive role play) or worse (boring role play, too many restrictions, no noticeable improvements). We'll act upon results accordingly and tweak/change the rules again if needed.

Posted (edited)

Wait wait wait hold up. What's this?

• 7.3 Groups can declare war on each other, which allows them to have permanent kill rights between all members of groups involved. A war must be announced by ALL involved groups by their group leaders in their respective group threads. Kill rights take effect 24 hours after the announcements have been made by ALL groups. Similarly, a cease fire will stop the war with kill rights expiring 24 hours after ANY of the group leaders posts it on their group thread.|

So basically, if I get it right. Let's say, @th3inory which is the leader of our group, declares a war on let's say, Anarchy and their leader declares a war on us as well, we are allowed to kill each other without any initiation, if we can successfully ID each other, after 24H of announcement, until the war stops. Corrected myself there.
Edited by Shazzzam

Looks real good, excited to see what groups come.

Just now, Shazzzam said:

• 7.3 Groups can declare war on each other, which allows them to have permanent kill rights between all members of groups involved. A war must be announced by ALL involved groups by their group leaders in their respective group threads. Kill rights take effect 24 hours after the announcements have been made by ALL groups. Similarly, a cease fire will stop the war with kill rights expiring 24 hours after ANY of the group leaders posts it on their group thread.|

So basically, if I get it right. Let's say, @th3inory which is the leader of our group, declares a war on let's say, Anarchy and their leader declares a war on us as well, we are allowed to kill each other without any initiation, if we can successfully ID each other, for 24H, correct?

Kill each other indefinitely, until one of the group leaders posts a call for cease fire, 24h after that call the kill rights stop.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rolle said:

You MUST be a nice community member, play fair when in game, focus on role play and be respectful towards other players on the forums and TS.

Evening Rolle, I need some help here.

So, imagine if you get flamed, is the standard protocol to report and leave or can you defend yourself? I know the saying " don't fight fire with fire " but a lot of people... I'm looking at myself won't like taking things on the chin and reporting it. I don't flame anymore... Well not first anyway. I don't need too. I've learnt, but is that the standard protocol? 

Edited by Beni

2 minutes ago, Shazzzam said:

So basically, if I get it right. Let's say, @th3inory which is the leader of our group, declares a war on let's say, Anarchy and their leader declares a war on us as well, we are allowed to kill each other without any initiation, if we can successfully ID each other, for 24H, correct?

I believe what is being said is hostage rights, if you ID that your hostage is apart of the group you are at war with, you can Permadeath their character without any backlash. Of course it must be roleplayed out.

thats what I’m getting from it. Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

Evening Rolle, I need some help here.

So, imagine if you get flamed, is the standard protocol to report and leave or can you defend yourself? I know the saying " don't fight fire with fire " but a lot of people... I'm looking at myself won't like taking things on the chin and reporting it. I don't flame anymore... Well not first anyway. I don't need too. I've learnt, but is that the standard protocol? 

It's best to leave it to staff and just report. If you reply with flame, you're no better than that other person.

1 minute ago, Alex Tayno said:

I believe what is being said is hostage rights, if you ID that your hostage is apart of the group you are at war with, you can Permadeath their character without any backlash. Of course it must be roleplayed out.

thats what I’m getting from it. Correct me if I’m wrong.

It's not hostage rights, it's global, unlimited, unrestricted kill rights between all members of groups that are at war.

Just now, Rolle said:

It's best to leave it to staff and just report. If you reply with flame, you're no better than that other person.

Alrighty, thanks for the answer. 

Ah okay, appreciate it.

Just now, Rolle said:

It's not hostage rights, it's global, unlimited, unrestricted kill rights between all members of groups that are at war.

Let's see who will be the first one to leave a mark on the Lore with a nice bloodbath.

I like the addition of group wars;  No more awkward who can iniatate first wars. 

The group war system should bring some interesting changes. Though there has to be some way to identify group members, or attacking (say) Anarchy in Lopatino is going to result in you killing a bunch of innocent civilians. @Rolle how are you going to counter what I'm almost positive is going to be a major increase in Mis-IDs?

Furthermore, does the war have to be declared by one side, or do both sides have to agree OOCly to the war before?

Just now, Sylva said:

The group war system should bring some interesting changes. Though there has to be some way to identify group members, or attacking (say) Anarchy in Lopatino is going to result in you killing a bunch of innocent civilians. @Rolle how are you going to counter what I'm almost positive is going to be a major increase in Mis-IDs?

Furthermore, does the war have to be declared by one side, or do both sides have to agree OOCly to the war before?

Increase of mis-IDs is a risk, but we will see how often it actually happens. I'm hoping people will actually somehow identify their targets. Hopefully :D

All groups need to announce a war on their group threads, this is done by the group leader, it's all in the rules.