Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 21:30
Sign in to follow this  
Flashy

I need some help...

Jake awoke suddenly after rolling over onto his broken ribs while asleep, gasping for air. The wooden floor he was sleeping on wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep with the injuries he incurred the day before, but he still couldn't move on his own. He was left with one last stick of morphine given to him by a small girl, and he was saving it for whenever he planned to move. Since the day he was shot while saving a funny french girl, he had been trying to formulate a plan to get some serious medical attention for his injuries, or at least a soft bed to rest in and recover. So far he had thought of nothing..

He grabbed his radio as he did almost every time he woke up in pain and pondered putting out a cry for help over the radio waves, although as he had these thoughts the man he shot and potentially even killed, Strawberry, entered his mind. What if he was alive, and searching for him, what if he had friends just as sane- if not even more insane, were already on their way to retaliate.

As all of these thoughts entered his brain, one, in particular, crossed his mind. The smile on Teddy's face.. Her big dumb pouty lips, he realized his dumb infatuation with her was a lost cause, but still he couldn't help but get her out of his head.

"it's useless," he said to himself.

She was on a whole other level compared to him, plus she seemed like she was at least a few years older than him, no more than 5 surely though, he thought to himself.

"AAAAAAH FUCK JUST GET HER OUT OF YOUR HEAD IDIOT!"

He couldn't...

After thinking about it for a few more minutes he finally pressed the transmit button on his radio while on some random frequency.

" Hey...... uh...."

He paused wondering what to say.

" It's Jake. I'm looking for a girl named ted- "

He stopped himself and decided against naming her, if she were listening she would reply... he hoped.

" I'm just looking for some help..."

" I uh... suffered some injuries from one of those dead things the other day, I think I broke some ribs... "

" I've been all but incapacitated since then. I'm sleeping on a hardwood floor with some blankets and a pillow. I wake up at least 5 times a night in agony. All day is spent in pain, wondering what the fuck to do. "

" I didn't want to have to do this, call out for help on a random frequency, but I need help... Bad. I have one cartridge of morphine, it might numb me enough to limp my way to you, if you aren't too far..."

" If anyone has medical skills... hell even a bed I could crash in for a bit, I'd be eternally indebted to you... "

He released the PTT and realized his poor choice of words, being in debt in the world before was bad, but now... there's no wondering what someone might want from you to pay it off.. He had no choice though. 

He presses the PTT and continues.

" So yeah, I think that's about it.... any help would be appreciated he coughs from the pain in his ribs. Thanks. "

He releases the PTT and slowly rolls over in agony and attempts to go back to sleep, holding onto the radio for dear life. 

Edited by Flashy

Teddy had spent her days in silence away from the people who threatened her or showed her wrongful ways. Her radio would buzz to life with a familiar voice but at first she couldn't tell who it was until she listened in closely.

"Jamie?!"

She exclaims, slightly shocked he was still in the state he was in.

"Uh... Is no one looking after you!? I'm so sorry... ah... uhm... I've been busy trying to find your size... I can only find zee top 'alf of your fashion style... I'm so sorry... My mind and priorities..."

She mutters in french...

"Comme égoïste de moi..."

There was a short pause.

"I... I don't know any doctors who can 'elp Jamie... I don't know... I met some people but... zhey... don't seem to know zee medical stuff... I'm so sorry... I'll be in that town I let you sleep in tomorrow, I 'ad appointment with monsieur Eddie.... I will come and see you... And... I don't know... 'elp if I can... Oui?"

She shifts uncomfortably knowing the thought he was alone and she knew how that felt, and how cold it was. She hurt her emotions thinking of that; disappointing her morale before she shakes her head. She sounded guilty from leaving him in such a state with a hazy mindset.

"I'll see you in a few 'ours.... Ok? ok..."

The radio is left to transmit, like Teddy wanted to say something else before it cuts with her heavily sighing in disappointment.

Rose grits her teeth when she is woken up by the radio, she rolls over and picks it up wincing as pain shoots through her hip and arm again. She presses down on the PTT and speaks softly to not wake up the others.

"I may be able to help, though I am somewhat limited on how far I can travel right now unless I can get my hands on a usable car. Damned wolves"

The last bit is said in a mutter and she pauses pulling out a cigarette and lighting it before continuing.

"Where are you? Let me know and I will see what I am able to do for you."

She releases the PTT rubbing the bridge of her nose and standing to get the fire going once more.

*Ulman sounds more clear as he begins to approach South Zagoria closer and closer. He hears the sound of a desperate man and hears him call out for Teddy and then afterwards talks about needing medical help. He speaks in a Russian accent.*

"Mr. Jake, my name is Mr. Romanov. I'm very close with the Dorogoy Teddy. I have a bit of medical experience and I'm currently returning to South Zagoria as we speak. Teddy can get my friends to help relocate you to a spot where she knows I'll be when I return. Once I do return, I'll take care of a bit of personal business but then I'll help with your pain as much as possible."

*The transmission continues and you hear him humming Bayu Bayushki Bayu. He puts an polaroid of Teddy and Ulman on the dash of the car. He smiles looking at it when all of a sudden in the transmission, a large crash can be heard before static.*

Edited by TheTrueHawk

*Ulman heavily breathes as he looks at his totaled Lada. He goes to one of the 10 dead bodies and picks up a radio. He sounds exhausted. He holds down the PTT. You hear his thick Russian accent.*

"Th...those fuckers ambushed me. I'm still alive... Moya detka, stay safe. It'll take roughly day until I get back to South Zagoria. You know where you'll find me. Get Jake to the clinic. If something happens, я люблю тебя"

*He goes to grab the polaroid from the Lada. He limps away from his car, following the highway to South Zagoria.*

Edited by TheTrueHawk

Jake awakens to Teddy's reply so excitedly and quickly rolls over to grab the radio. As he does so, pain flares up from his chest. What an idiot he thought.

He wonders why she calls him Jamie... his name is Jake... had she forgot so soon? Or did she tell him that his name was Jamie in his confusion after the fight... 

Jake chuckles as he hears her talking about his clothes, " her priorities are so out of whack. " he chuckles so more but stops with a sharp inhale from the pain in his chest.

He presses the PTT button and speaks.

" Teddy you're so funny worrying about silly clothes, don't worry about it. I had plenty of time on my hands sitting here and I found an old sewing kit in the drawers in this house. I tried my best to stitch it up but I don't think I really did a good job. You can be the judge "

he laughs

" I'm still here, I can move now, I took the morphine... My cravings grew to strong... I'll look for you around here, I don't think I can go much further. "

He sets down the radio and then here's a mysterious woman reply and some strange Russian man who claims he knows Teddy.  

" Teddy do you know this Russian man? He sounds like trouble... "

" Also, to the other woman over the radio I'm in severe grad? I don't know the lay of the land all that well I'm sorry... "

He releases the PTT again and sets out looking for Teddy. Feeling rather good after taking the morphine, but slightly high, which he liked.

Hearing his response directly to her Teddy picks up the radio. With a worried voice she would immediately respond.

”Russian man is close friend of mine... I’m not near Severograd... I’ll be a bit... Just don’t ‘urt yourself Monsieur! Uh... I saw Strawberry yesterday... ‘e thought I said ‘e tortured me... I guess I need to talk more slower...”

There is a slight pause.

”Uhm... Strawberry got shot again... By another man... ‘e ‘ad ‘is gun out... but... stay there... i’ll Be there... soon... ok?”

The radio cuts with a crackled shot in the town she was in.

Jake listens to the broadcast confused, he shot this Strawberry guy because this lady told Jake that she was tortured by him but now she's saying it was a misundestanding? it almost sounds like they're friends... what the hell. His train of thought is broken by the gun shot heard through the radio and the transmission ending

He presses the PTT seriously concerned

TEDDY? ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT WAS THAT? WHERE ARE YOU? I'M HERE IN THE HOUSE YOU LEFT ME BUT I CAN COME TO YOU WHERE ARE YOU!?

He releases the PTT with a serious look of concern on his face.

*Ulman rolls his eyes as he listens to the puppy-eyed man talk about Teddy. He sits under a campfire and relaxes. He sounds slightly annoyed by him. He speaks in his Russian accent.*

"Mr. Jake, I'm medic, helped the cute French girl. Her and I are... we are... What do you call it. Together? I think So... So, if you need help, listen to the pretty Dorogoy and she will bring you somewhere, I can attempt to patch you up and do what I can to heal you. I am trouble, but only to the people who hurt what I care about. You can trust us."

*He takes a deep breath. He doesn't feel regretful officializing that Teddy and him were together to the public. He recalls all the information on a man named Wolfwinter, his next target in South Zagoria. The transmission runs quiet.*

Hearing Ulman’s attitude, Teddy’s brow furrowed. Their relationship wasn’t of concern to her in this matter, the man’s health was the priority.

”Jamie... I’ve got stuck in... a lot of situations! I’m sorry! I was stuck in zee middle of a firefight... then spoke to Eva... and zhen got ‘elped by Victor... I’m so sorry... I don’t know ‘how long i’ll be!”

The radio cuts off with a man shouting for Teddy to hurry up.

”I’ll be there... I’ll try!”

*Kazimir would sit up and tune his radio, listening in to the petty conversation, he would hear the foreign voices and mutter profanities to himself.*

"French person get fought over by russian ano? People need to stop speaking personal issues on radio, foreigner go back to own country, otherwise you be maken to leave..."

*He would chuckle and drop the radio on the table.*

*He clears his throat, pinning the locations he must go to and how long it will take. He still is questioning himself and what he wants. He speaks in his Russian accent.*

"My stance with Teddy is besides the point. I need him relocated so I can try to work on what I can. Furthermore, I can try to hire expert once I know what I need. I will try to dull the pain as much as I can until further assistance. If you have frequency to use, I can further communicate. I'll be in Zagoria in about 6 hours. Try to find more pain relief until I arrive. Mr. Romanov, out."

*He takes a deep sigh, worried about what this contract might have done to him.*

Jake could be seen running through the trees, tripping his balls off.

He stops and grabs the radio from his bag, pressing the PTT he speaks incredibly fast.

" HA, don't worry about it Mr. Russian man I got myself some pain relief all right I am fuckin FEEEEEEELING it right now, well not it, like the pain, I feel like I could run a fuckin' MARATHON right now! "

A holler could be heard and then violent coughing.

" I think I've run, what.... 9? 10? Kilometers now. Fuck I Don't know I just can't stop I feel so ALIVE! "
"
Anyway I can meet you some where, just name the place, I'm there, I'm like the fuckin' usain bolt or whatever his name was.  "

" YO WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT, I gotta go this water looks so fuckin' crazy right now I HAVE to jump in it. "

He released the PTT and runs towards the lake, obviously seeing things.

*While walking through the forest, he rubs his forehead to what Jake is doing.*

"Mr. Jake, I need you to go to a place near Ratnoe and relax. I can help tomorrow. Okay? Be careful! I don't want you dead!"

*Transmission cuts away*

Jake hears the response from the water and gets out, his clothes soaking wet. 

He grabs the radio and presses the PTT

Alright whatever you say Russian Bro!

He sprints all the way to Ratnoe, when he gets there he begins to come down from his trip, and the pain and cold sets in. Nearing hypothermia he grabs his radio and presses the PTT.

I- I... I'm here, and I'm-m-mm all out of "pain reliever" 

It's so c-c-c-cold... 

He releases the PTT and lays on a bed, still slightly damp. As hypothermia begins to set in he wraps himself in a blanket and begins to cry.

*Ulman starting to get closer to Zagoria hears the brittled man and speaks in his Russian accent.*

"Listen, get a fire started, strip of your clothes and let them dry out. Warm up your body by the fire and then lay carefully. Try to sleep if you can. I'll be there tomorrow."

*Transmission goes quiet.*

Sign in to follow this