Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 14:20
Sign in to follow this  
Nelson

S1 - Fail RP, Lack of RP

Server and location: S1, Severograd

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):2018-03-10, 03:49

Your in game name:  Bucky Brooks

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: " The Killers" They said their were cannibals, all I got from them. 

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  None

Detailed description of the events: I wake up in Severograd and walk down to the pub to see what was going since I heard a lot of noise happening. I then get a gun pulled on me and was told to put my hands and and drop my guy, I did as what these people said to do and was cooperating. There was about 5 of us hostage and were we told to move to a barn up the street, along the way I ask a man with a brown balaclava and SKS if these were the ones that hung out with another cannibal, he said shut up, so I said alright. He then said you don't say shut up you say yes. His mic was horrible so it was hard to hear what he was saying since he was cutting out a ton and I said okay, and then got a bullet in the back of my head.

Edited by tynelson224

Please update your report title, and follow what it says here in this sticky note of how to properly title a report:

POV: So me and my group walk into town probably 30-40 minutes before and hold everyone up in the entire town. We take our hostages to the pub and begin torturing them as well as extracting information from them. After a long while a few other people begin showing up to town and our over-watch @Dvlinhb tells me and everyone else over the IC radio that he has spotted another man approaching the pub. I walk outside and swiftly initiate on the stranger that has showed up firmly shouting at him to put his hands up. After getting @tynelson224 to comply with my demands @Empress Julia comes over and holds a gun to him whilst I search him of a radio. Julia removes his gun off his back which had no ammo but I only noticed that on the way out of town as well as his radio. @Dvlinhb suggests IC over our group radio to begin moving hostages outside of the town center since people keep showing up and I agree with him over the radio IC letting him know that we are moving our hostages. I walk back to the pub and begin yelling at the hostages as well as my own members to exit the pub promptly telling them that we are relocating. I round up everyone and we begin walking down the roads back and towards the Hospital. Just as we pass the Hospital @tynelson224 's character begins saying things that are upsetting to my character. I shoot at his feet and loudly scream that I will kill him if he continues talking back, making it very clear that I am willing to kill him. We continue walking up the road a bit more and he responds to something I say a bit smug so I ask him to respond saying, "Yes Sir" to which he huffs and nods. Seeing his reaction I decide to kill him as he had not followed my command and I had already warned him that if he continued his behavior towards me or my people that I would snuff out his life. After shooting him I continue with my group up to the barn moving them there and eventually torture our remaining hostages there.

Joe Norris POV: 

So I had just logged on not a while before this whole incident started. I was from Sinistok over to Severograd while I took a few hits from my fresh weed supply. When I arrive I see the rest of my killer friendos are at the bar with some other randos, I get in TS and was later surprised when the initiate dropped, since I didn't know it was coming. One guy doesnt comply and @Refacture hits him with that fat yeet and we proceed by bringing everyone into the pub. I get my little private time with a certain Lorenzo in the back room and am later joined by @Dvlinhb, after a little while a few people show up and we take them too, and not long after decide to move. In the middle of this move to the barn, I am talking to Lorenzo as we walk. Suddenly, I see @Refacture yeet another guy for disobeying an order, as seen in the video. IMO he was in the right, its a fat OOF if the VOIP was glitching out but what can you do.

TL:DR
Initiate on people at pub, one gets yeeted for non compliance, we torture for a bit, decided to move before refact yeets another one and we proceed like it never happened

POV:

I left the pub (as seen in the video) and went to set up with my VSS in the red 2-story house as overwatch for the rest of the Killers. After a few moments of being set up, I reported over the radio that I spotted a man (tynelson224 apparently) outside the pub. They rushed out (as seen in the video) and nabbed him up like we had the rest of them. I had my rifle trained on him as a precautionary measure as they held him up. Once they started to move, I ran out and wrapped around to the East to change clothes into more of a military style (gorka specifically). As I finished changing, I ran into a man who introduced himself as "Michael". We spoke for a bit, and I transmitted what I was saying over the radio so that the other Killers could know if something happened. As I was trying to radio the other Killers for a location, I heard a gunshot a bit to my West. That gunshot being the one @Refacture fired, killing @tynelson224. I wasn't there when he killed him, so I didn't see it play out personally.

Edited by Dvlinhb

I was one of the hostages at that time. When the OP showed up he was taken hostage as well, eventually while we were being moved to the barn Refracture's character begins to go off about his group to which the OP replies "You got to think of a cooler name than that." This angers Refractures character and he fires a warning shot telling the OP that if he continued to insult or mock his group he'd be gutted. The OP asks a question afterwards and Refracture tells him "You don't ask the questions here if you continue i'm gonna kill you." OP responds with "Alright" to which Refracture responds with "Don't alright me it's yes sir say it... I said say it." OP just nods his head and then is killed. Here's my video in the spoiler it pretty much just shows my POV not much else to say.

Spoiler

Edited by Jadeboat
missed a word

1 hour ago, Refacture said:

Just as we pass the Hospital @tynelson224 's character begins saying things that are upsetting to my character. I shoot at his feet and loudly scream that I will kill him if he continues talking back, making it very clear that I am willing to kill him. We continue walking up the road a bit more and he responds to something I say a bit smug so I ask him to respond saying, "Yes Sir" to which he huffs and nods. Seeing his reaction I decide to kill him as he had not followed my command and I had already warned him that if he continued his behavior towards me or my people that I would snuff out his life.

8.4 Hostages may only be killed in the following scenarios:

• 8.4.1 Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • 8.4.2 Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, by for example picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • 8.4.3 Hostages do not value their life, for example they continuously talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • 8.4.4 The rescue party refuses to negotiate and opens fire on hostage takers.
  • 8.4.5 Demands from negotiations have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

I don't think the situation fits any of these. It doesn't seem right to kill someone for saying "alright" or not saying "yes sir". Not quite on the level where putting a bullet into another persons head could be justified, if you know what I mean.

Kill logs:

Spoiler

03:51:53 | Player "Bucky Brooks"(id=) has been killed by player "Lucas Karter"(id=)

Hit logs:

Spoiler

03:51:53 | "Lucas Karter(uid=) SHOT Bucky Brooks(uid=) by SKS into head."

chat logs:

Spoiler

03:49:26 | Chat("Bucky Brooks"(id=)): //muting ts
03:49:36 | Chat("Lucas Karter"(id=)): //fair

Connection:

Spoiler

03:43:26 | Player "Bucky Brooks" is connected (id=)
04:33:18 | Player "Bucky Brooks"(id=) has been disconnected

00:01:01 | Player "Lucas Karter" is connected (id=)
08:45:52 | Player "Lucas Karter"(id=) has been disconnected

00:00:51 | Player "Julia Rae" is connected (id=)
06:33:51 | Player "Julia Rae"(id=) has been disconnected

03:08:00 | Player "Everest Casimir" is connected (id=)
05:00:12 | Player "Everest Casimir"(id=) has been disconnected

Sorry for the delay on the logs.

Calling in @Empress Julia - Julia Rae to post her POV

@Ark My POV is posted already FYI.

REPOSTED:

On 3/9/2018 at 10:55 PM, Dvlinhb said:

POV:

I left the pub (as seen in the video) and went to set up with my VSS in the red 2-story house as overwatch for the rest of the Killers. After a few moments of being set up, I reported over the radio that I spotted a man (tynelson224 apparently) outside the pub. They rushed out (as seen in the video) and nabbed him up like we had the rest of them. I had my rifle trained on him as a precautionary measure as they held him up. Once they started to move, I ran out and wrapped around to the East to change clothes into more of a military style (gorka specifically). As I finished changing, I ran into a man who introduced himself as "Michael". We spoke for a bit, and I transmitted what I was saying over the radio so that the other Killers could know if something happened. As I was trying to radio the other Killers for a location, I heard a gunshot a bit to my West. That gunshot being the one @Refacture fired, killing @tynelson224. I wasn't there when he killed him, so I didn't see it play out personally.

2 minutes ago, Dvlinhb said:

@Ark My POV is posted already FYI.

REPOSTED:

Noticed that after the post hence the edit.

My POV: Initiation drops, we do some torture RP. More people show up so we nab them. Refracture drops it on bucky and I search him and stuff. Not long after then we decide to move the hostages. On the way I believe Dvlin spots someone and I leave the group to try and find out where they are. I hear a shot and that was the RIPining of Bucky. I really don't have much to add to the report since I was only involved in the initiation and early RP on him. I can't say anything to the point of refracture gunning him down, since I wasn't involved.

Edited by Empress Julia

This report has been up for about ten days now and I understand that staff may be busy but I believe all of us in this report would appreciate it coming to a close soon. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Refacture said:

This report has been up for about ten days now and I understand that staff may be busy but I believe all of us in this report would appreciate it coming to a close soon. Thank you.

Oh, we're working on it, but we appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Oliv said:

Oh, we're working on it, but we appreciate it.

Glad to hear! 

Verdict:

@Refacture Invalid kill roleplayed - Guilty

Explanation:

After reviewing this report a team of staff members has come to the following conclusion:

To sum up this situation into a few words, you basically shot a hostage for nodding his head and failing to say yes sir. We fail to see why you would even think that by him not saying yes sir and instead nodding would give you any sort of kill rights. While sure he "technically" didn't comply with your demand word for word he at least acknowledged that he understood what you were saying, this is the pettiest reason to kill someone we have ever seen. 

You shot the OP the first chance you got no warnings or anything. It was say yes sir, he nodded and you shot. This is not enough to warrant KOS due to noncompliance. There needs to be at least some sort of warning or anything to advance the RP further and tell him, hey you either do this or you die. Killing a hostage for supposed noncompliance needs to be warranted and follow one of these scenarios:

9.4 Hostages may only be killed in the following scenarios:

• 9.4.1 Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • 9.4.2 Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, by for example picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • 9.4.3 Hostages do not value their life, for example they continuously talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • 9.4.4 The rescue party refuses to negotiate or opens fire on hostage takers.
  • 9.4.5 Demands from negotiations have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

As we always say killing someone should be a last resort as you end any and all RP when you do so. This situation could have gone so much better had you simply took his "noncompliance" on the chin and emoted out something like hitting him for not saying "sir"  or you could have made an example outta him in front of the others by emoting out torture, beating him senseless until he was close to death, etc. Either way, it would have been a better outcomes then " oh he didn't say sir.....bang". By doing the things above you could've brought action to your words.

Now the amount of OOC in this video is excessive most of it takes place before the incident that is being reported however that is not an excuse. OOC should only be used in emergencies and not or letting someone know you're going to post something on the forums. Take this a  friendly reminder. 

Outcome:

@Refacture Invalid kill  roleplayed- 3 day ban plus a banstrike

signed by @Oliv and myself