Metagaming - 3/5/18 - 06:30

Server and location: TS3

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 3/4/18 - 06:30

Your in game name: Lucas Karter

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: @SofiaLR @Wulf_jon

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): cQ2J1Lk.png

Detailed description of the events: Myself and other members of the group I am running called The Killers caught @SofiaLR 's character twice in one day. During the second and first time that we caught her all allies who were with me had their names mentioned. My name was mentioned the first time that we caught her and I told her my name was Jupiter which my character believes to be his name. After catching and releasing her the second time we asked for permission to log off after our hostile RP with her to which she agreed as she also had to get off for the night. I got off shortly after and left for the night. The next day when hopping on around 3 (MT) I hopped in TS and began chatting with some of the members of my group. One of them told me that @SofiaLR had created a new journal log after her second encounter with us. Excited and interested in reading it I went to her page with her character's journal entries and looked at it. After looking through it the journal eventually began listing detailed accounts of all my members as well as myself which was fine. However, she had my name listed as Lucas with a question mark next to it. I immediately knew that someone had Metagamed my character's information because my character has multiple personality disorder and has never gone by his real name nor does he even know his real name. After knowing this I decided to privately contact her through PM and ask her to remove the name from her journal as well as stop Metagaming. I figured that she was the one who had Metagamed my character's name since myself and my allies were the ones to come into contact with her twice. However, after asking her to stop she replied a few hours later and told me that she was sorry and that she had heard the information from a friend of hers. Then I asked her more about the friend who had told her this false information and she provided me with @Wulf_jon 's name and claimed that he was the one who told her IC that my character's name was Lucas. Again just to reiterate, my character has always had Multiple Personality Disorder and has never once refereed or gone by the name of Lucas. This information is simply OOC info about my character and it is entirely impossible for anyone to have found out his real name, hell even my character doesn't know his real name is Lucas Karter. Alright, I believe that is all. If staff have any further questions please ask away.

Guest Wulf_jon

Hey @Refacture,

Wulf here and I'd like to respond to this with my sincerest apologies for the whole shebang as I know reports are not what people enjoy doing. In my defense, I may have mentioned a few names of possible suspects during an in-game conversation, but that was becuase I was the bartender of the Severograd bar and you would't believe how many in character conversations are on-going about this (you guys are doing a fantastic job with it all honestly). I mentioned people that I thought it could be due to them being frequent bar visitors, but still Lorenzo doesn't know as he continues to hear from others as to whom these individuals may be. Seems like there are others conducting their own investigations. I get many people coming in and asking for people and I simply nod in confusion and carry on. 

All in all, I am deeply sorry for what my confusion may have caused and would hope that we can simply put this behind us and continue playing like normal without knowing your true name :) 

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Cheers, 

Edited by Wulf_jon
Adding some other thoughts

3 minutes ago, Wulf_jon said:

Hey @Refacture,

Wulf here and I'd like to respond to this with my sincerest apologies for this whole shebang. In my defense, I may have mentioned a few names of possible suspects during an in-game conversation, but that was becuase I was the bartender of the Severograd bar and you would't believe how many in character conversations are on-going about this (you guys are doing a fantastic job with it all honestly). I mentioned people that I thought it could be due to them being frequent bar visitors, but still Lorenzo doesn't know as he continues to hear from others as to whom these individuals may be. Seems like there are others conducting their own investigations. I get many people coming in and asking for people and I simply nod in confusion and carry on. 

All in all, I am deeply sorry for the confusion and would hope that we can simply put this behind us and continue playing like normal without knowing your true name :) 

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Cheers, 

I would give you beans for that reply if I could since that was such a nice heartfelt response. <---- I swear to god this isn't sarcasm even though it sounds like it :D

So, were you the one who Meta'd that info or did someone else in-game tell you at the bar? 

Edited by Refacture

Guest Wulf_jon

Hey0 @Refacture,

Very kind of you sir! Unfortunately I am not the culprit misbehaving here. As I kindly mentioned before, I simply heard it through the grape vine of those who love to be chatterboxes at the bar (sounds silly OOC because I'm not really a bartender, but you get what I mean :)). While I find that it truly defeats the purpose of a good mystery, I never go out of my way to find out people's real in character name. 

I do apologize for not being much help in searching for who and when this information was exposed. I am sure that those reading this will know to erase this from their memory as the name Lucas is a figment of my imagination and I will come find you in game if I actually figure it out :) 

One last thing I'd like to add if I may, @SofiaLR is a wonderful RPer and I know that she too wouldn't go out of her way to do such a thing. In all honesty, I think this is pure confusion and just being at the wrong place at the wrong time if you will.

Having said that,  I'd be more than happy to speak to you on TS about this and hopefully it can all be water under the bridge and we move on. You let me know friend. 

Hope that helps shine some light on this!

Cheers,

Edited by Wulf_jon
Adding some more thoughts

Here's my POV. I hope we can clear all this up.

After the first time I was caught in-game, I logged for a bit after just sitting in a house for a while. Afterwards I was talking with @Wulf_jon on steam, just chatting about what had happened with my character that day. I did mention @Refacture's character first name in OOC chat, only because at the time I didn't know his forum name at the time and I didn't know his character's last name to look it up. It wasn't mentioned with meta-gaming intentions in mind, but in retrospect I should have kept it to myself just to be safe, because mistakes can happen.

I logged back in later and got caught the second time, and then told them I had to log out in 15 minutes around the middle of our interaction, believing at the time that I would. It took a little longer than 15 minutes to RP out the situation, but I ended up staying on for a little longer anyway due to being unable to sleep that night. I maybe stayed about an hour more. Before I logged out, I did meet Wulf's character, but the name didn't come up in conversation until the day after.

The next day when I logged back in, I was chatting with Wulf's character in game and this is when he mentioned the name Lucas. IC I did not know this information and reacted accordingly, assuming it was something he had picked up somewhere IC himself. I didn't know that the name was not supposed to be public knowledge or whatever and at this point had been referring to Refacture's character as "Orange raincoat." I'm somewhat hard of hearing IRL and failed to hear the Jupiter part. We talked, mentioning the name only two or three times, and we were alone the whole time the name was mentioned.

I later wrote a new journal entry for my character, only mentioning refacture's first name, thinking that it was information gained through roleplay. I don't know for certain if this was just a mistake between just the two of us, or if anyone else was involved. I hope it's the former, because then the problem would be much easier to handle with just us two suspects. 

When I finally saw his message, the first thing I did was reply , then the second was remove the offending information in my journal. I still have the original copy with his name on my hard drive if someone would like to see it. Then I went over the situation with Wulf_jon in steam, and he seemed just as confused as I was. I did tell him not to mention the name "Lucas" anymore because doing so would be meta-gaming. Since he was the only person I mentioned this to, and Refacture told me that NOBODY was supposed to know his IC name, I assumed it was something originating between myself and Wulf_jon and let him know.

In an aside, I'd like to apologize for two things.

1. This whole thing, like in general. I know I already said I was sorry, but I still feel really terribly about this situation. I was sorta thinking about this all day, and I was worried I might have just screwed something way up for you. Again, I'm very, very sorry that this happened and I hope it all can get sorted out for you, and that it doesn't hamper your RP. 

2. The reason I took so long to answer to your forum message was because I hadn't opened the page to see it until I had. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply to you and that you had to wait hours for this thing to get sorted out. I usually have forums open when I play, but for whatever reason I hadn't been turning it on lately. 

Edited by SofiaLR
Left something out by mistake, thought it might help to be as descriptive as I possibly can

Please close this report since the ones originally reported ain't at fault and the ones that are happen to be ghosts or some sort of spirits.

We would like to stress to everyone that in order to know someones name in game you have to have the in game knowledge to know it. 

With that being said we will be closing this report as the suspects listed are not at fault. 

If you happen to find the ghost or spirits who broke the rules we suggest making another report or calling the ghost busters.

/closed

@Chewy and myself