Server time (UTC): 2020-10-31, 16:11 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

QNR FLAME POINTS

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/profile/12689-keira/?status=54457&type=status

Spoiler

37a9ae387e.png

Why the verdict is not fair:  Calling someone's action pathetic is not flaming.  

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I believed that the banning of Dom was pathetic which was to be seen in my post. Since I knew it was JimRP banning him, I tagged him to address my statement that I think his actions were pathetic. I did not in fact call him personally pathetic or use any other insulting language towards him. My first post was deleted without any explanation. This is pretty confusing in my opinion and kills off any transparency between staff actions and community members. If you think I broke a community rule: discuss it, hand out points and shoot me a pm but don't just delete it. After I noticed my first post disappeared I had to approach staff/ Oliv and asked what was going on. The explanation I received was "it was something a bunch decided to do [...] we do that from time to time, to be a bit more lenient" and this concept is new to me. I was then told "if it get's hidden again, this is your notice that it was lol" which still doesn't explain anything about what was wrong with my post. The idea of deleting posts before handing out punishments is actually community friendly but if you miss out on the explanation of WHY or any communication about the erasing of someone post at all - it will end like this: I received points because posting something a third time (without flaming content), being annoyed that my other posts were deleted without an actual explanation of WHY, I was only told that they were in fact hidden:

Spoiler

e4e37b983f.jpg

If staff actually looks at all three of my posts, you will see that my first two posts are actually different to my third, with the third addressing the issue.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: To get points removed and I would like an explanation regarding exactly what part of any of my three posts was flaming as I am yet to receive this information. In my warning message from @Ark he says I know what I did but.... flaming? I don't see it. Pls explain.

What could you have done better?: After my initial post was hidden, I could've approached staff via Ask the Admins, PM or Teamspeak to specifically ask for an explanation of which part of the community rules I breached but at the end of the day, I should not have had to do this. Staff took action and should've formally notified me with an explanation on the matter. I would not have even known that the post had been removed if it were not for PMs I received telling me so. Another thing I could've done better would be to leave staff feedback for Jimothy and tell him there with a lengthy explanation as to why I believe his actions were/are pathetic.

PLZ MY NAME IS QNR

Calling someones actions pathetic is not exactly being nice and in this context is attacking the other person. Seeing that you posted the same comment three times to get your message across, it's pretty clear that the intent was to attack the other person and stir shit up and not just a random comment thrown in into the status update. What is pathetic is this appeal, as you knew exactly what you were doing, and now you're trying to play dumb like you're all innocent and demand explanations from our side about justification for the warning. I think we know each other well enough to know that this kind of stuff won't fly.

Punishment increased to 10 points, you won't be receiving any explanation as to WHY. You're smart enough to know.