Server time: 2018-09-21, 03:02

Roland

2018 Premium overhaul

After carefully looking at the last year and a half of sale data and statistics I have identified some problems with our current system:

• Ranks like Supporter or Patron were "fillers" between two ranks that had highly demanded perks, as such they were skipped over most of the time.
  • Some ranks only had like one or two perks, which weren't very popular or used much.
  • Pricing was complicated and difficult to understand
  • Prices were too high, many people will have difficulty spending 60€ on a AAA game and cannot justify to pay large amounts for a cosmetic perk
  • The high tier ranks (HoF and Tycoon combined) were bought by less than 5% of all Premium members.

Based on this I've decided to do a major overhaul of the Premium system. In general, things have become much cheaper.

• We now have 5 Premium tiers, down from 7. Supporter and Patron have been removed and perks from these ranks were distributed to neighboring ones.
  • We have one "entry level" tier - Donor for 5€. The remaining four tiers are divided in easy to understand 25€ jumps.
  • Disable ads perk has been moved down to Donor rank. We all hate ads.
  • Profile background image perk has been moved down to Contributor rank
  • Animated gif avatar has been moved down to Sponsor rank

All your current ranks will remain as they are and will not be touched. If you're a Supporter or Patron you will keep your rank, but may only access perks from the nearest rank below you. You should be able to upgrade to ranks with new prices as usual, but let me know if you have any issues, as it's a complicated change to implement correctly on our back end.

Premium ranks are now not based on your total paid, but your current rank. Meaning, even if you have already in total paid X amount and a rank costs X, you won't get it automatically, you still must have to upgrade to it and pay the regular upgrade cost. This will make it much easier to track and calculate ranks and upgrade charges and get rid of a lot of manual work for me where I had to count a total of your all transactions and set ranks manually. The only exception from this are subscription payments, these will still grant you the nearest rank based on the total you paid with subscription.

You can see how the changes look on the Premium page

Since I spent 100 euro for HoF shouldn't I now have Tycoon since it is 100 euro?

I like this. Makes for a much cleaner and overall easy to use addition.

So HOF is 75 quid now. So the other 25 quid do we get a refund or does that go to like store credits say? or do you get the straight Tycoon?

^ This

Please read the last paragraph, Premium ranks are not based on your total paid amount. You bought a rank that used to cost 100, now it costs 75, but it is still the same rank. The upgrades are rank to rank, not amount to amount.

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

Please read the last paragraph, Premium ranks are not based on your total paid amount. You bought a rank that used to cost 100, now it costs 75, but it is still the same rank. The upgrades are rank to rank, not amount to amount.

Yeah just reread it, I get you. 

Are the promotion gone or still there? I don't know where the promotion area is at xD

Posted (edited)

So wait I spent  $105 but won't get the highest rank unless I pay more or?

Okay so I read the paragraph and attempted to upgrade and what I get from this is that someone new who has never donated only has to pay $100 on Tycoon. Whereas I(someone who has already donated $105) has to pay another $25. Which means I have to pay $30 more than the new person. 

Fix this.

Edited by Species

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

Are the promotion gone or still there? I don't know where the promotion area is at xD

No @Paradox, Rolle ended the promotion and I believe the points page has been disabled.

Okay thanks~ <3

It doesn't look like you've updated the Subscriptions tab though @Rolle...

Still adds up to 200€ in the desc... May not cost it? Will probably cause some confusion. 

Here's hoping we see a fresh batch of tycoon popping up.

Posted (edited)

@Rolle If I understood the newsletter correctly, subscriptions still count toward lifetime ranks then? 10 months of Tycoon subscription gets Tycoon lifetime or is that assumption incorrect?

Edit: I agree with some others that if they put in 100 they should get the reward for 100. It seems kind of a slap to the face for older members that have supported the community that new supporters get a discount of sorts.

Edited by NebulousCass

Just now, NebulousCass said:

@Rolle If I understood the newsletter correctly, subscriptions still count toward lifetime ranks then? 10 months of Tycoon subscription gets Tycoon lifetime or is that assumption incorrect?

Yep!

2 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Yep!

Thanks Rolle, I will keep my Supporter and Tycoon subscriptions going because supported has a few more months left before lifetime and Tycoon just started.

Can we get the option as Tycoon to change our post backgrounds instead of only having the option of choosing from the ranks for background colors?

2 minutes ago, Keira said:

Can we get the option as Tycoon to change our post backgrounds instead of only having the option of choosing from the ranks for background colors?

No, because only dark shades of colors are acceptable to keep forums readable. If custom colors are allowed people will start putting bright pink etc.

23 minutes ago, Rolle said:

No, because only dark shades of colors are acceptable to keep forums readable. If custom colors are allowed people will start putting bright pink etc.

Fair enough, Thank you. Can you make different dark shade options to choose from maybe?

Status updates have been made a Premium feature, available from Donor level.

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

Think it's a fair change, most of the active playerbase (forum wise) is Donor + anyway, and donor is a minuscule payment. 👍

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

I agree with this change, helps the community out to donate and it isn't expensive either. 

35 minutes ago, Roland said:

_crash_bandicoot_woah_bandicoot_by_neokesha-dbge7wk.png.5cf78cf41a41cd5fdd7086992dadb6fb.png

I don't agree with that but.. If it makes money, I guess?

Good choice! I think this can help the community a lot and get rid of alot of the junk!

Seems like a good choice those who donate are usually more active