Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 02:15
Sign in to follow this  
The Ford

The Dawn is Coming

*Aegis sets his bit of leather down, it is slowly taking shape, a scabbard. He nods at the craftsmanship and smiles, his old mentor would be pleased. He then reaches across the floor near his feet, past his sword, past a small black book that is worn, and dog-eared, to his backpack and takes out his radio. He holds it and fiddles with the knobs, finding a quiet channel. He takes a swig of water, then clears his throat, pressing the PTT button*

"This is to whoever is finding themselves alone, forgotten, in despair. You are not alone. All across this country, no...the world... there are pockets of survivors. Clusters of humanity that are struggling through the same hardships as you. They fight the same war that you fight. The war on the dead. The skirmishes against cutthroats and bandits. They claw and struggle every day for food, for water, for life. To see the light of dawn come over the mountains and shine on their face. We are all fighting for something. A constant battle to hold onto some scrap of your old life. You are not alone. 

*Pauses and takes another drink of water*

"We have all lost something, and someone. Some of us have lost everything, and everyone. This does not mean that your life is over. Keep breathing. Keep fighting to survive. There is still a great war coming. The Living and the Dead are fighting to be heirs of this world, and we need everyone. We cannot keep fighting among ourselves. We must band together, we must set aside petty differences and stand together! We are outnumbered 1000 to 1 and yet we can prevail! We have our wits, and each-other!  We can Stand. We can Fight. We can Survive.

You are not alone."

*..............Transmission Ends..................*

Edited by The Ford

Hailee listen carefully to the radio, hearing a familiar voice, but the words that are coming out, does not sound like the man she knew, she stare confused at the radio. Nervously she press down the button. 

Ford? is that you? 

She takes a deep breath.

It sounds like you, kinda, i guess. Is it you?

She let go of the button, afraid of the answer from the man. 

*Aegis presses the PTT and begins speaking*

"Sorry Miss, not sure who you're trying to reach, but unless someone else is using this frequency, you've got the wrong man. Good to know someone is hearing my broadcast though. We're all hoping someone hears us...and I hear you. Are you alright? You're not alone."

*.......Transmission Ends........*

Hailee looks down at her radio, tears beginnig to form in her eyes, she press the button down.

Ohh i am very sorry sir, you sounded like a man i know, or i knew, i don't know. 

She lets go of the button, and curl up into a ball, trying to sleep.

cullens raspy gruff irish accent comes over the waves. he has seen better days and one can hear it in his voice.

"Me name is irish lad. I lead a group that tried banding people to gather and i failed them. One day when my group is stronger. i will try again. until then maybe our groups can meet. you sound like you speak the truth, and if that is the case. Maybe we can work to gather."

he takes a deep breath before addressing a voice he knows all to well

"Hailee. I made a deal with the hobo's. you have nothing to fear. the information you had on them, though i know you believe it to be true. Is not. I don't know how you feel about me. but know i worry for you and hope one day you can find your way back to me."

One can hear the choked emotions he tries to keep bottled down and barely does. 

"You know how to get a hold of me. Stay safe, stay strong."

He audibly sniffs the tears away and then static returns to the waves.

Hailee grabs her radio, a bit confused to hear the voice of the irish man.

Cullen, trust me when i say that they did indeed kill a man, even santa admitted that to me down near cherno, when you were there as well, i don't know if you heard it, but i don't trust them.  If you have heard my other broadcast, you will know where to find me, if you wanna talk.

She lets go of the button, and put it back in her pocket, sitting in the church looking at the ground.

*Kenneth grabs his radio and holds down the PTT*

Yes, Santa and Murphy had to kill a man that refused to leave our home. I myself walked away from that due to the fact it's not in my nature to hurt others. Hailee, stop blaming an action made by two people on us all. Most off us just wanna help others. We are not a group we are just sticking together by the code. Murphy is a fucking asshole but he still honor the code.

*Kenneth sits down and breaks down in tears*

Hailee press down the button, annoyed.

Kenneth, i did never say it was all of you, i only blame the people that did it, remember that.

She lets go of the button, even more irriteted now.

Sign in to follow this