Server time: 2018-07-16, 23:52 WE ARE RECRUITING

Parusoid

Can't play beacuse of "Session Lost"

After logging in into game world, after few minutes my actions are unresponsive and  i would get 'session lost' error resulting in disconnect. I trred reinstalling game and battle eye but for no avail. Any tips of how to get rid of this issue so i can be able to play game?

/moved to troubleshooting

Hi Parusoid,

Does the game only say Session lost, or does it say anything else when you get disconnected?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Hi Parusoid,

Does the game only say Session lost, or does it say anything else when you get disconnected?

Just "Session Lost" nothing more

20180302223142_1.thumb.jpg.78200514275e03e873dfee7aa9cbd151.jpg

Edited by Parusoid

@Parusoid Has this only suddenly happened?

Perhaps try to verify the integrity of your game cache through steam? Such an issue can be hard to troubleshoot unless we know what you may have done prior.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Harvey said:

@Parusoid Has this only suddenly happened?

Perhaps try to verify the integrity of your game cache through steam? Such an issue can be hard to troubleshoot unless we know what you may have done prior.

It has been quite a long time when i last played day z. Decided to go back now but encountered this issue. I did the integrity check and new files were downloaded but it didnt help. Reintalled battle eye it didnt help. Made sure my internet connection is stable it didnt help

Edited by Parusoid

I have had this same "session lost" problem this evening. This is due to an extremely slow internet connection, or a connection that has a high rate of packet loss - for me at least. Are you in the UK? Because if so, the recent snowstorm has undoubtedly been playing hell on the infrastructure, maybe do an internet speed test and see what your Download/Upload speeds are looking like.

@Parusoid I'm not on my PC atm, when I get back I'll look into it.

Posted (edited)

Hello, I found this on reddit regarding "session lost", hopefully one of these will help =) : 

Spoiler

Here's a list of things to due (should be completed in this order; less critical to more critical procedures). After each procedure, go back into the game and re-try.

Restart PC

Run Steam & DayZ as 'Administrator'

Verify game integrity (Steam Library -> DayZ Properties -> Local Files -> VERIFY INTEGRITY)

Reboot router (Leave unplugged for 20 seconds)

Release and renew DHCP (run cmd.exe, type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew ... Wait 1 minute and try game)

Disable anti-virus (or stop it from possibly blocking BattlEye, DayZ, etc)

Re-install BattlEye (Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\BattlEye ... run Uninstall_BattlEye ... Start DayZ and accept terms of BattlEye; this will re-install BattlEye)

Open ports 2302, 2304, 2305 (TCP & UDP)

Try a different Wi-Fi connection if available

Change your local/internal ip

Try another Wi-Fi receiver/adapter

Contact internet provider to change from ipv6 back ipv4 (if applicable) - courtesy of c0ldcash

Delete \Documents\DayZ\ (Keep a backed up version; this folder holds game settings/preferences)

Delete \Steam\userdata\...\221100 (where '...' is every folder in 'userdata')

Re-install DayZ (keep a backup just in case you decide to cancel)

Good luck @Parusoid.

Edited by Eddie
Spelling error

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Hello, I found this on reddit regarding "session lost", hopefully one of these will help =) : 

Hide contents

Here's a list of things to due (should be completed in this order; less critical to more critical procedures). After each procedure, go back into the game and re-try.

Restart PC

Run Steam & DayZ as 'Administrator'

Verify game integrity (Steam Library -> DayZ Properties -> Local Files -> VERIFY INTEGRITY)

Reboot router (Leave unplugged for 20 seconds)

Release and renew DHCP (run cmd.exe, type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew ... Wait 1 minute and try game)

Disable anti-virus (or stop it from possibly blocking BattlEye, DayZ, etc)

Re-install BattlEye (Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\BattlEye ... run Uninstall_BattlEye ... Start DayZ and accept terms of BattlEye; this will re-install BattlEye)

Open ports 2302, 2304, 2305 (TCP & UDP)

Try a different Wi-Fi connection if available

Change your local/internal ip

Try another Wi-Fi receiver/adapter

Contact internet provider to change from ipv6 back ipv4 (if applicable) - courtesy of c0ldcash

Delete \Documents\DayZ\ (Keep a backed up version; this folder holds game settings/preferences)

Delete \Steam\userdata\...\221100 (where '...' is every folder in 'userdata')

Re-install DayZ (keep a backup just in case you decide to cancel)

Good luck @Parusoid.

THanks, i just tried everything except changing ip, wifi adapter or contacting internet provider and it didnt help. i guess thats where my day z adventure ends

Edited by Parusoid

@Parusoid, no problem. If I happen to find out more info I will let you know. Can't remember who said this but they said "This is not the end, it's only the beginning." So don't give up!

Is it possible you are simply losing internet connectivity intermittently? Make sure you are on the dayzrp teamspeak the next time you try it. If you lose connection in dayz but you remain connected to the teamspeak then at least you know it's a problem that is specific to dayz, then you can try joining other servers and see if it is only our server you have trouble with or any dayz server. 

If your connection to other programs like teamspeak start to disconnect around the same time you lose connection with the dayz server then you know you have a bigger problem, the type of problem you need to contact your ISP to get resolved.

Good luck

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Skinner said:

If you lose connection in dayz but you remain connected to the teamspeak then at least you know it's a problem that is specific to dayz

I play other multiplayer games that require constant internet connection and its just fine

Session lost happens also on other day z servers

Edited by Parusoid

-snip I'm stupid-

Is this problem just for DayzRP? Have you tried different servers? I believe that I had this problem and someone told me to go on a different server and then restart the game, maybe the other way round. Or I could be imagining all this. Worth a try either way.

25 minutes ago, Thoros said:

Is this problem just for DayzRP? Have you tried different servers? I believe that I had this problem and someone told me to go on a different server and then restart the game, maybe the other way round. Or I could be imagining all this. Worth a try either way.

Yeah saw that somewhere in the webs also, tried it and didnt help

Heya @Parusoid

Did you have any luck correcting this issue? Are you still encountering session lost errors?

On 24/03/2018 at 4:21 PM, Brayces said:

Heya @Parusoid

Did you have any luck correcting this issue? Are you still encountering session lost errors?

Unfortunately no luck. I actually stopped playing day z as a result and don't really care for resolving the issue now 

35 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Unfortunately no luck. I actually stopped playing day z as a result and don't really care for resolving the issue now 

Okay dokay! I'll consider this issue resolved for now. Hopefully in time there'll be a solution that works for you.