Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 10:31
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

Is it just me?

Now I'm not gonna throw up a wall of text complaining. Ill keep it short and sweet.

I havnt been robbed or had any hostile interaction since the days of Ken still being alive.
Where's all the bandits? I hear stories of the Anarchy or whatever but I dont actually SEE them.

Well, this last week I think a majority of the Anarchy boiz were on vacation in Greece, I believe? So they weren't around to engage in Hostile RP, but I believe they're all back now! So, expect them to start running around soon.

I would keep taking hostages, just waiting until my report goes out.

We've been wanting our group to take a more... drastic turn towards hostilities. Taking anyone for information and what not. Just at the moment we refrain from anything too... unrealistic. Usually just taking people who're sketchy or cannibals. Morally wrong folk?

I can say for certain though we're going to be a bit more... on edge and most likely in kind, more hostile towards everyone.

Doesn't help our play times are off kilter from the normal server activity...

IMO, Threads like these cannot be answered, as there is no way nor any intention to track players activity, intentions and actions etc. Some people get robbed all the time, others rarely.

It completely depends.

Haven't been robbed in over a year, cause I run away from roleplay and hide in my tent somewhere in the forest, nobody can get me there!

90% of the bandits stopped playing because their roleplay is not the good kind of roleplay

30 minutes ago, Harvey said:

IMO, Threads like these cannot be answered, as there is no way nor any intention to track players activity, intentions and actions etc. Some people get robbed all the time, others rarely.

It completely depends.

In retrospect, yeah

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

90% of the bandits stopped playing because their roleplay is not the good kind of roleplay

Yeah this

3 hours ago, N-Tox said:

Now I'm not gonna throw up a wall of text complaining. Ill keep it short and sweet.

I havnt been robbed or had any hostile interaction since the days of Ken still being alive.
Where's all the bandits? I hear stories of the Anarchy or whatever but I dont actually SEE them.

If you give me a reason to rob you and you give Rolle a months notice, ill rob you however I want to Ok from Rolando first.

Last time the boys and I played even remotely hostile all of them got rule 4'd. Not worth the risk IMO

Having just a singular hot spot has made it hard for bandits to anything other than all out war / sieging of a hot spot settlement since 2016... 

As less people log onto the server now , most of them at said hot spots, the slim chance of an encounter outside hotspot has plummeted to near 0... 

Nuff said really. 
Not a new problem, just a natural progression of a problem that's been around for years and has been neglected... 

11 minutes ago, Lost said:

Last time the boys and I played even remotely hostile all of them got rule 4'd. Not worth the risk IMO

It's really not, you have made a correct conclusion

39 minutes ago, Dom said:

If you give me a reason to rob you and you give Rolle a months notice, ill rob you however I want to Ok from Rolando first.

I'd prefer it to be on a form and that form to be signed by a witness then notarized too though before taking any action just to be sure it is on the record that everyone was okay with it. Tbf

It’s not worth it to be a bandit. If you consistently initiate and rob people, everyone says you’re only here for pvp and that you only initiate for pvp. 

Then they bitch to Rolle through PMs and for whatever reason, he takes their side 100% of the time. Then your group is either threatened publicaly/privately by Rolle and you’re forever in his crosshairs. 

If you do anything wrong, you’re hit harder than anybody else would be. This means final warning, or straight up Rule 4 permaban. 

Nobody can leave IC in game, they have to take it OOC on the forums or in teamspeak. Then you get rumors and bullshit spread about you and your groups forever and the cycle repeats. It’s honestly cancer. It wasn’t like this back in 2015 or 2016, but for whatever reason, 2017 and 2018 are completely different. 

It doesn’t help that the staff team immediately has their crosshairs on bandits and it definitely doesn’t help that some members of the staff team not only repeat the rumors and bullshit that the rest of the community spreads, they also hit certain bandit groups much much harder than is necessary. 

Anyways, Anarchy tries to remain active, but a good number of our members were just on holiday for about a week. They’re returning today or tomorrow, so activity should pick up. That being said tho, we’re still in rolle’s crosshairs for the simple fact that we’re a consistent bandit group, and due to the members that are in the group (myself, Louie, etc). We want to play and have fun and push things forward, but it’s hard to do that when it’s always in your mind that any slip up you make could lead to a permaban or just more bullshit.

People bitching about hostile players ruined it for everyone else. Now people who want to be hostile either try to play more docile characters or don't get on.

Guest Beni

People can bitch to anyone through PMS all they want. If I see you rocking a fresh pair of Air Max's they're going to be mine within the hour. Trust me.

All jokes aside, people are blowing this whole all bandit's are evil thing and they're ruining the community way out of proportion. Honestly like, no one cares if you're a bandit or a hero. It's all about your RP and how much effort you put into it. If you hear someone say in your TS coms " We need an excuse to rob him " then their RP probably won't be the best. 

Honestly, let me put something straight:

As long as you meet the following while robbing someone, you'll be fine:

- Your RP is the best as you can make it.
- You have a decent enough reason.
- You don't fuck up.

You'll be fine. 

Edited by Beni

Even if you provide someone with good RP, they still bitch behind you're back because you initiated on them and you're not a carebear.

Nobody can control the fact that people don't particularly like being robbed, its pretty obvious someones gonna be pissed if they get held up, robbed or tortured. But why people aren't going "Oh well I'm gonna counter this IC by making a militia to fight back" or some shit instead of the bullshit that happens atm is beyond me.

But as most have already said, Anarchy is on holiday and should be back today, and we only focus on the military and people who fuck with us anyway.

What are talking about 'hostile' for? This is the apocalypse, there's no hostility here! Only sitting round the campfire trading 5.56 ammunition and asking each other how we ended up in this shit hole country! C'mon guys don't be silly, hostility is bad! Someone could get hurt! Don't wanna invade someone's safe space now do ya? 

As a hostile RPer I don't fancy having to either fill out a form for staff to be hostile towards certain people or write a report PoV for a pissy person that doesn't get their way.

Just now, Mexi said:

As a hostile RPer I don't fancy having to either fill out a form for staff to be hostile towards certain people or write a report PoV for a pissy person that doesn't get their way.

mood tbh

nobody can just let rp be rp, it almost always has to be taken to the forums. 

I took a break from hostile RP due to the lore wipe and the characters I've been playing. If I do come back more full time, I know my current character will eventually get back into it. She just needs the proper catalyst to propel herself into a hostile role. It all depends on how you define hostile though. I did my damnedest to make sure my subjects were not given a chance to resist. In all of my time in a hostile RP position, only once has it resorted into a firefight due simply because of a sloppy initiation on the part of my group. I don't RP for the firefights, though I might be more interested in having more firefights once beta hits if it's supposed to be anything like mod was with the combat. I've never been a fan of the twitchy zigzaggy PVP style. 

Being a bandit for 90% of my time here and I honestly don't feel the effort put into the RP is ever returned. You're usually shot down with people complaining in OOC or not putting forth at least decent RP because their mad you ruined "their story."

There is just no benefit to being a HostileRPer anymore.

Edited by Species
I'm shit at grammar

1 minute ago, JimRP said:

Why hostile RP when we can sit around a campfire? 

Yeah pretty much

10 minutes ago, Species said:

Being a bandit for 90% of my time here and I honestly don't feel the effort put into the RP is ever returned. You're usually shot down with people complaining in OOC or not putting forth at least decent RP because their mad you ruined "their story."

There is just no benefit to being a HostileRPer anymore.

urite bb

you can put forth as much effort as you wantt o but people will always shit on you