Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 04:55
Sign in to follow this  
TOMMYAUS

Dayz Menu & in game super laggy

Hi im hoping to get some help with this issue, i recently got a new pc and i downloaded dayz when i started up it was very laggy around 3fps then in game its around 6fps and constantly like this. Would anyone know what to do? i got my PC built its not much but its good enough i was told. 

image1 (1).JPG

I'd say @Skinner would be the man for this but I'm not sure.

Hey man, are your monitor HDMI/DIV cabled plugged into your motherboard or graphics card?

If not, maybe upgrade your GPU drivers? I have the same card and I had to update my drivers manually before some games such as DayZ would run. 

Edited by Harvey

@Harvey Im not sure about the hdmi cable i plugged it into the slot at the back of my pc then into my monitor & ive got everything up to date :/ 

11 minutes ago, TOMMYAUS said:

@Harvey Im not sure about the hdmi cable i plugged it into the slot at the back of my pc then into my monitor & ive got everything up to date :/ 

Check the back of your PC and just double check that your HDMI cable is connected to your GPU in the middle horizontal slot (PCIE).system_rear-11361656.thumb.jpg.25e9e88005831369ad18b0c217e2f806.jpg < HERE!

@Harvey Wow didnt know there was 3 different hdmi ports i plugged it in the middle i will start dayz now and see. thanks

Yeah it sounds like maybe you were not plugged into your graphics card. When you are looking at the back of your computer, the graphics card will be in one of the expansion slots below your motherboard. The motherboard will have a whole bunch of different ports all bunched up together, the graphics card will probably only have an HDMI port and a DVI port. If you were accidentally plugged into your motherboard instead of your graphics card, your game would probably run like trash as you described because you would be bypassing your video card and using your motherboards integrated graphics which is not good enough to play modern games.