Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 16:50
Sign in to follow this  
Rosiak

Haio

Hiya folks!

Long time text-roleplayer and LARPer, first time DayZ roleplayer, reporting in for a short introduction while I wait for that application to go through!

Been roleplaying in fantasy games all the way back since Neverwinter Nights, up through World of Warcraft, and some in Guild Wars 2 for a couple years, but it wasn't until I invested in Arma 3 to scratch that FPS-MilSim itch that I realised Exile/DayZ communities were also into roleplay! So here I am, looking for that authentic DayZ survival experience while hoping for some awesome interactions with other survivors, military personnel, doctors, bandits, and whatever else I've seen people get in to around here.

I plan on playing something of a lone wolf, at first, to take it slow. Maybe check in with small groups from time to time, once I get acquainted. Hit me up, though, if you're looking for an extra rifle to tag along - I sing and play the guitar IRL so may look into ways of incorporating that into the game if your camp could use some ambient background music, too!

Hello @Rosiak, Welcome to the community! Hope your Whitelisting goes well! 

Hello @Rosiak

Welcome to DayZRP! 

I appreciate text-roleplayers, I believe people who do text-roleplay have a lot of patients with all the typing they need to do! I myself do text-roleplay when I believe the house is a little hectic with family and what not! 

You sing and play the guitar? You would get on lovely with my in-game husband @Macbrine! He also plays the guitar and he also sings!

I see you have experience with roleplay! If you ever feel you need guidance though, don't hesitate to try out our Mentor Program!

Just a heads up, to check if you have been accepted, you need to check here: Whitelist. You can check back every few hours or so, or keep an eye on the front page of the forums! As it says: "Welcome to new role players:" It usually takes 24/48 hours, but It can take as long as a week, depending on how busy the Admins are. I waited four days for example! Good luck with your whitelist!

ConcreteQuickChinesecrocodilelizard-max-1mb.gif.b0e1bbc58c92355257165adf7dee6f23.gif

Guild Wars 2 is a favorite MMO of mine!

Edited by Josei

Helloo welcome your picture is beutiful

Welcome welcome welcome! I'm the guy that a good bit of people don't know, although I do lurk around. It's always good to see new people jumping in on the story! 

Welcome to this place, good luck with your whitelist.

Welcome to the madhouse buddy! If you have any questions feel to hop on TS and hangout in the newcomers channel for a bit. I'll actually be on there in the next hour or so. Good luck with your whitelist. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what LARP did you participate in?

Welcome!..... watch out for them white knight boys!!! :trolle:

good luck with the whitelist and hope to see you in game some day B|

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! Looking forward to running into y'all InGame! Don't worry, @Josei, I am vesting myself with unending patience x.x

1 hour ago, mark3390 said:

Welcome to the madhouse buddy! If you have any questions feel to hop on TS and hangout in the newcomers channel for a bit. I'll actually be on there in the next hour or so. Good luck with your whitelist. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what LARP did you participate in?

Cheers, I may just do that. I play at an ongoing LARP in Denmark, as well as participate in several summer scenarios in DK each year, and have also gone to Conquest of Mythodea for the last 2 years :)

Ah, I thought you might have been from the states. I've got a lot of buddies over here in various different LARPs. I did a good bit of SCA fighting back in the day and I know a lot of folks who left that for various reasons and starting involving themselves in different LARPs around the country. Hell, even I ended up leaving after an injury.(Insert "I used to be an adventurer until" joke, no seriously it was a knee injury lol.)

Welcome to the community friendo! I hope you enjoy the roleplay and the many friendly faces you'll see around here! Hope to see you in game!

HAS BEEN SUMMONED BY THE WORDS LARP AND SCA

HEMA-style learner here! Although I don't follow any books or techniques since they don't work for me

But yesh, welcome to the community

Sweet brehs! Always wanted to get in to HEMA, but idk money and time???

@mark3390 we actually have a large, international post-apocalyptic scenario every summer where I know a couple of Americans are gonna show up this year :D Sorry about your knee, though...

Oh man, I know what you mean about not having the time and money for HEMA. It require a pretty steep investment of both time and money. There's not many post-apoc LARPs in the region I live in actually. I think the biggest one is Nukelanta(Fallout LARP) and that's been growing slowly with time, but not enough to warrant more regular events. The story line of that one actually kind of prevents it from spreading outside the American South due to the fact that its setting is in the American South. No need to worry about my knee my man. It healed up pretty nicely, but I just don't feel like risking anything more than foam hitting it at this point. That's why I do something called Dagorhir instead. It has a low fantasy setting(no magic users) and the combat rules make a lot more sense to me.

@caelo_vorago I feel your pain when it comes to the old manuals not working so well for you. You really just need to find what works best for your body type and roll with it. Those manuals teach people some pretty weird and useless stuff anyways. Back when I was fighting Florentine I can't tell you how many fighters squared up against me in Fool's Guard. I had to do my best to not laugh right in their faces because I have never seen Fool's Guard pulled off correctly. I'm gonna stop posting here now because even though we're just having a friendly chat, this has gotten pretty off topic. If either of you guys want to talk more about this stuff, feel free to PM me.

Welcome man

Welcome pal

Hey man

Sign in to follow this